It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Could Lead To Tiny But Powerful Computer Chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't know enough about it to comment really. just thought I'd share for anyone who's interested

IBM Research and Caltech have announced a breakthrough that could lead to powerful but tiny computer chips, using DNA. The self-assembling origami structures could reduce chip production costs and resolve key semiconductor challenges as chip sizes drop below 22nm. The IBM and Caltech breakthrough with DNA appears to go beyond Moore's law.

LINK

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Interesting.... its amazing how fast technology is changing these days, in just a few years we are going to have highly-advanced computers, machines, etc... that we would have never thought about 10 years ago...

I don't know how true this is but heard it somewhere in the grapevine... But if automobiles had advanced as quick as computer technology they would supposedly be able to travel thousands of miles per hour and be less than $500. Just an interesting statement regarding how fast technology has progressed over the decade.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If you build entire computer systems from DNA, and then build supporting robotic entities that function from DNA, and lets say you combine organics with robotics (which they are also experimenting)

The cyborg entity that is created from these three systems that functions because of DNA will be exactly what kind of life form? If it has living organic parts that contain DNA and it's computer and robotic function is processed by DNA. What have we created, life? Or a system that processes of the building blocks of life. That is a very scary notion.

join