It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Alaska's Area 51: HAARP Facility

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

200 miles northeast of Anchorage, there’s a massive military facility tucked deep in the black pine. What goes on at the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (Haarp) depends on who you ask. Self-directed “researchers” like Nick Begich say the collection of transmitters and receivers is conducting secret tests of monstrous weapons for the Defense Department: mind control, weather manipulation, long-distance spying. The military scientists in charge of this military installation insist that Haarp has absolutely no direct military applications whatsoever. It “is and always was and was planned to be a research facility,” says Dr. Paul Kossey, the Air Force’s program manager. Haarp’s antennas are being used to study the ionosphere, the electrically charged layer of Earth’s atmosphere, by pumping it full of energy. That’s why Haarp’s scientists are creating artificial Northern Lights, beaming radio waves into the crevasses of nearby Mt. Wrangell, and bouncing signals off of the Moon. Naturally.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30d44ca4a06a.jpg[/atsimg]
To get to Haarp, drive 200 miles northeast of Anchorage. Then take the Tok Cutoff for 11.3 miles, and turn onto an unmarked road. You’ll be met by this sign, at the facility’s front gates

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88f9ba28a8f1.jpg[/atsimg]
Haarp’s main antenna array consists of 180 silver poles rising from the ground, each a foot thick, 72 feet tall, and spaced precisely 80 feet apart.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f9ef7c71424.jpg[/atsimg]
The Northern Lights are normally triggered by solar winds. But with Haarp, aurora can now be man-made, too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1038cf99e4cf.jpg[/atsimg]
Haarp is an unclassified facility. But the flow of information there is tightly controlled.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821117759e95.jpg[/atsimg]
Five 3,600-horsepower diesel-electric generators produce the energy that Haarp channels into the heavens.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffaf430ab795.jpg[/atsimg]
At Haarp’s digital control center, scientist pulse, shape and direct blasts of massively powerful high-frequency radio waves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe94b3477749.jpg[/atsimg]
Haarp’s collection of instruments often look like relics from an alien boneyard. It only makes the place feel more mysterious

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a88606d2605.jpg[/atsimg]
Haarp’s scientists view the state of the ionosphere with this “optical dome.”

Gallery: Inside Alaska's Area 51

Mods please remove if this has already been posted.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
S&F for you!!! Very interesting find, never of heard of this my self. Might want to take a "stroll" and see this for my self one day. The second to last picture of that antennae array does look strange because i have never seen an array like that unless its broke. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

There is also a research facility located on an island. Its located on the Bering Straight, its North West of Point Hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Awesome post!

I used to always write HAARP off as another lame conspiracy, but it does generate ELF waves that travel around the world. Very convenient!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

No problem, its interesting to read about the military's activity with weather control and such topics. Over the years I have heard many 'alternative' news stories regarding HAARP, enjoy.

Originally posted by sd7000
reply to post by tmayhew01

There is also a research facility located on an island. Its located on the Bering Straight, its North West of Point Hope.

What type of research facility, is it directly involved with HAARP?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Strikes me as interesting considering there was an earthquake in Alaska just a little while ago. Has to make you wonder what mad scientists are cooking up these days.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Yeah less than an hour ago.

If you like disasters, this site is addictive:

RSOE EDIS

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't know. When I was in the Air Force a Captain told me about it. Its highly classified and its on an island. I heard there are alot of security personel posted there. Also I heard that it was really cold. He said they were up there to guard something, but he didn't say what.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sd7000

interesting... gonna go mess with google earth and see if I can see anything

St. Lawrence Island?

Google Earth: St. Lawrence Island (Yupik:Sivuqaq) is located west of mainland Alaska in the Bering Sea, just south of the Bering Strait, at about 63°30' North 173°20' West. It is part of Alaska, but closer to Russia than to the Alaskan mainland. St. Lawrence Island is thought to be one of the last exposed portions of the land bridge that once joined Asia with North America during the Pleistocene period. It is the sixth largest island in the United States and the 113th largest island in the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
HAARP holds an open house every summer and is mainly run by people from the university of Alaska.

An unusual thing for a place that is compared to area 51 to do isn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

They have built and hidden nuclear government bunkers in active hotels, who knows what the government is capable of? And that was in the 70's or 80's

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting. I've heard of the HAARP facility, but not of the one on the island. But I've also heard of a highly-guarded area up North in the Brooks Range. No fly zone, maps of the area are blacked out, and I think they are supposed to be digging for something there...thats the one that interests me the most. It's been discussed on here a little.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to mention all the other military bases around. I've been told we have up here 26 nukes as well. Close proximity to the Ruskies, of course.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by AK49er]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I like how the whole basis of HAARP is based on the hope that there some sort of cover up, and hidden agenda....and not based on factual evidence. I not sure of the aurora, but I know for a certain that HAARP can not affect weather patterns.

You guys dont have the slightest idea of what it would take to create weather now would you.

Also, similar projects in other countries (Norway, Russia etc) have been going on since the 50's.....yet when the USA does soemthing its automatically labelled as some conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AK49er

ufia posted this picture of the blacked out area

Lat 62.1747
Lon -141.1354

---
Maybe not surface weather OzWeatherman, but the government has admitted to HAARP possibly causing weather disturbances such as the Aurora's in Northern Alaska and heating the ionosphere.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i have heard this is capable of creating earth quakes. probably a lot more too like starting bush fires (thinking of the victorian bush fires earlier this year). could be used to push the fake 'climate change' agenda. anyway, there was a lot of speculation that the china earth quake may have been caused by haarp. apparently haarp quakes will have a depth of 10km. can any one elaborate on this? here is a video of the skies before the china quake

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

Dallas18, the colours in the clouds have nothing to do with earthquakes. It is an atmospheric phenomenen called iridescence, which is quite common. Its caused by sunlight refracting off water droplets of similar sizes, usually in cirrus and altocumulus clouds. This has been discussed on ATS before

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Earthquake clouds are a different kind of phenomenen.

And the earthquake was caused by movement of the Eurasian and Phillipine plates, in the pacific region. China is an earthquake prone country so this isnt an unusual event

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
Maybe not surface weather OzWeatherman, but the government has admitted to HAARP possibly causing weather disturbances such as the Aurora's in Northern Alaska and heating the ionosphere.

The aurora isnt a weather disturbance for a start. Its caused by the movement of magnetised particles experiencing whats known as a quantum leap (i believe).

Earths weather does not occur at that height. Its driven by mechanisms at the surface, and up to the tropopause. The ionosphere experiences, space weather....not atmospheric weather. It has little bearing on weather patterns over a large scale. I could see it possibly (the tiniest chance) of it affecting weather directly above HAARP, but it covers such a small area, it could not possibly create massive circular storms.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well whatever the 'official' studies are, its definitely very interesting and seemlying advanced science. Dealing with communications and surveillance in the ionosphere....

Wiki: The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an investigation project jointly funded by the United States Air Force, the United States Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency[1] (DARPA) which aims to "provide a research facility to conduct pioneering experiments in ionospheric phenomena... used to analyze basic ionospheric properties and to assess the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for communications and surveillance purposes."[2] Started in 1993, the project is proposed to last for a period of twenty years. The system was designed and built by Advanced Power Technologies[citation needed] (APTI) and since 2003, by BAE Systems Inc.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well whatever the 'official' studies are, its definitely very interesting and seemlying advanced science. Dealing with communications and surveillance in the ionosphere....

I know, it is very interesting.

We know very little about how the ionosphere works. Thats the whole point of HAARP. Will be interesting to see if they can figure out someway to protect satellites from solar storms etc

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Also from wiki... just because this is a conspiracy theoriest website..

The objectives of the HAARP project became the subject of controversy in the mid-1990s, following claims that the antennas could be used as a weapon. A small group of American physicists aired complaints in scientific journals such as Physics and Society[5], charging that the HAARP could be seeking ways to destroy or disable enemy spacecraft[citation needed] or disrupt communications over large portions of the planet. The physicist critics of the HAARP have had little complaint about the project's current stage, but have expressed fears that it could in the future be expanded into an experimental weapon, especially given that its funding comes from the Office of Naval Research and the Air Force Research Laboratory.

These concerns were amplified by Bernard Eastlund, a physicist who developed some of the concepts behind the HAARP in the 1980s and proposed using high-frequency radio waves to beam large amounts of power into the ionosphere, energizing its electrons and ions in order to disable incoming missiles and knock out enemy satellite communications. The US military became interested in the idea as an alternative to the laser-based Strategic Defense Initiative. However, Eastlund's ideas were eventually dropped as SDI itself mutated into the more limited National Missile Defense of today. The contractors selected to build HAARP have denied that any of Eastlund's patents were used in the development of the project.

After the physicists raised early concerns, the controversy was stoked by local activism. In September 1995, a book entitled Angels Don't Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology by the former teacher Nick Begich, Jr., son of the late Congressman Nick Begich (D-AK) and brother of U.S. Senator Mark Begich (D-AK), claimed that the project in its present stage could be used for "geophysical warfare."[citation needed] HAARP has been referenced twice by the History Channel series That's Impossible, once in regards to its supposed weather control capabilities and later for its claimed connection to mind control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join