It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaths linked to nanoparticles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

HONG KONG, Aug. 19, 2009 (Reuters) — Seven young Chinese women suffered permanent lung damage and two of them later died after working for months without proper protection in a paint factory using nanoparticles, Chinese researchers reported.

"These cases arouse concern that long term exposure to nanoparticles without protective measures may be related to serious damage to human lungs," wrote the researchers. "Their tiny diameter means that they can penetrate the body's natural barriers, particularly through contact with damaged skin or by inhalation or ingestion." In an article in the European Respiratory Journal, they said the seven women had worked for between five to 13 months in a factory spraying paint on polystyrene boards before they fell ill with breathing difficulties and rashes on their faces and arms. The women breathed in fumes and smoke which contained nanoparticles while working in the factory, the scientists said.

www.newsdaily.com...

These are the first deaths I've heard about regarding nanoparticles - But it fits what I have always suspected, that those tiny things can do a lot of damage in our lungs for instance.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wonder sometimes... these nano constructs... molecular frankenatoms... what else are they getting into? Not only our lungs, but the bloodstream, the brain, passing through everything they are so small and what effect are they having being so alien to nature behaving in strange unexpected ways at that scale... Chemtrials, morgellons, GMO foods, strange things in the air... oh come now i'm just being paranoid. I'm gonna go now.. RDDS

new topics

join