It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSWC) BURN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
EVERYONE BURNS, FASTER ON FIRE, THINGS TOOK A TURN
LOST ALL DESIRE, YOU LIVE AND YOU BURN
LIKE HELL WE ARE ANXIOUSLY WAITING
LIKE HELL BURNING SILENTLY STRONG
SOMEHOW WE FELL DOWN BY THE WAYSIDE
AND SOMEHOW, THIS HELL IS HOME.
-ALKALINE TRIO

BURN
~~~~~~~
The music ended. The Lights dimmed.
The place was packed. The smoke heavy.
For a brief moment silence filled the space where whistles and catcalls should have been.
The only sound was the clicking of heels as she left the stage.
So mesmerized by her, that they sat stunned.
The stillness broken by a new song, a new body took their attention, and the room became animated again.
She seemed to bring death everywhere.Literally suck the life out of the air around her.
Her long dark hair swayed against her bare back as she walked behind the stage.Slamming her dressing room door behind her so the stares of the other girls did not beg her eyes to gaze back.
She dressed quickly. Black leather on ivory white skin.
Not much of the night left and she wanted to savour the last of the moon, the stars, the sounds, the stillness.
Silently she waltzed out front past the bar.
The waitress gave her a glance then said loud enough for a few patrons to hear..
"Honestly Bernie, I don't know why you keep her on."
Bernie grunts and retorts back-
"Because the boys like her, she makes me money.Now ain't you got work to do? I don't pay you to stand around complainin'."
The waitress swallowed a whole shot from the tray and threw the empty glass back at him.
"She ain't no moochin' alcoholic like you neither..." he sneered.

To the waters edge she walks.The waves washing up on shore as they have for centuries during her life, and since time began. The familiarity draws her here. The likeness of no matter what goes on in the world, nor how much has past- the waves continue on-immortal.
She lays on the cool sand, the breeze blowing all around her. The only peace she knows is here..briefly.
She sleeps, but always fitful. The faces of those whom she led to death appear in her nightmares.Eyes glaring, mouths agape screaming,horror filled. The faces of those she loved, and hated, all taking their last breath before her. The price of immortality is not just the hunger, it is the loneliness.
Friends, lovers, all pass with the centuries.
Some blurry, some more vivid. Most forgotten by time and distance travelled.
Even a heart that does not beat can feel. The pain in her chest, her mind, sometimes greater than the hunger in her belly to feed.
Were she to show the years of torment alone, not age,easily her face would be that of an old woman. Her dark hair grey, her body so frail. Her eyes lost in memories of happier times now past.
Yet still young and beautiful she was. All the ugliness hidden from the outside world.
She longed for death. Praying to any god who would listen. Tired from the centuries of being transient. The hunger was too painful to endure till death, too slow. The sunlight, fearful..was the only option.
Impatiently she waited.
The minutes seemed like decades.
Many times she wondered what this would be like. How she would feel, what she would be thinking.
NOTHING.
Nothing left to feel, nothing left to think,except embrace the event to come.
After so long a torment, could it really be so easy?
She didn't know. She didn't care.
An eternity in hell, could be no worse than an eternal life.
The sky grew lighter in color. The songbirds began to sing in the distance.
She rose to her feet, legs apart, hands held at her sides. Eyes scanning the horizon for the sun as it slowly began to rise before her.
So long ago had she seen it. Such a magnificent sight it was.Truly no other event in the universe is as amazing as the sunrise.
She began to feel the warmth. After being cold and dark for so long, it was almost an orgasmic sensation.
Her body truly did not know how to process light and heat, and it tried to rebel by making her shiver.
She stood fast, and raised her arms high to the light, eyes fixated.
The warmth turned to hot, and burn, oh the burning unbearable pain.
Yet she did not scream.Only close her eyes, and surrender her life of death, to that which is a giver of life.
The instant pain in her body, taking away the centuries of agony in her heart and mind.
From a little girl, to a woman, to a creature of night, to dust.
Her body, dead for centuries, now gone.

Yet she was aware.
The light of the sun now blinding bright.
No, not the sun at all. Different.
In the light, pictures, people, home.
Had she known, damn..had she known.
Many lifetimes of lessons learned.
The time to rest is now.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow
awesome story. Loved it. S&F! Good luck with the contest. I think you'll do well.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I definitely liked that! You are a very good writer and I hope you do well. The imagery you conjured up was awesome. I felt like I was on the beach, waiting for the sunrise. Very cool. How it must be to be a vampire.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks much..about time I wrote a vamp story..
BTW Jack..LOVE your avatar.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks AccessDenied! A member named John Q helped me out with that as well as TheMythLives and Mr. Toodles and ladyinwaiting, it was quite a project for me and probably a pain in the neck for them guys. We were getting it ready for the Crypto Chronicles in the collaborative writing section. You should definitely think about joining that one, you have the whole vampire thing down pat!

Edited to add the link for Dark Days In The Underworld.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Awesome read and great storytelling. I love a good vampire story, especially when it goes into the horrors that must go with living for eternity. Immortality would get really old after a while and you conveyed that perfectly with this story.

S & F and I hope you do well in the contest,

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Awesome read and great storytelling. I love a good vampire story, especially when it goes into the horrors that must go with living for eternity. Immortality would get really old after a while and you conveyed that perfectly with this story.

S & F and I hope you do well in the contest,

Thanks buddy, working on some other stuff too.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I noticed yesterday that you had something up, comp going slow, so I forgot, BUT! I am here now and your story kept me enthralled, loved it AD, like Jack said, I too felt like I was waiting for the sunrise with you.

Thankyou for the opportunity to read a great Vampiress tale.

S@F, but you know that.

Edit for spell check but its not working, erg!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by antar]

new topics

top topics

join