It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Matter How Well You Model it, Humans are to Blame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No Matter How Well You Model it, Humans are to Blame

New research appearing in the online issue of the Proceedings of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory scientists and a group of international researchers found that climate model
quality does not affect the ability to identify human effects on atmospheric water vapor. Since atmospheric water vapor is an important driver of temperatures and rainfall, the results of this study will help convince skeptics that man's impacts are causing at least part of the problem.

The physics that drive changes in water vapor are very simple and are reasonably well portrayed in all climate models, bad or good.

interesting, i wonder how those who disbelieve in any anthropogenic link to climate change will view this? (well not really)

so it looks like MORE verification that humans are playing a roll in altering the earth climate. i wonder what it will take to make people ACT?

link 2

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Well, obviously. I mean, the differences in the climate models are slight, anyway. It's good that they can prove that humans are playing a part in this from the water vapor data. But now the response will be "Well what does that mean? It doesn't hurt anything."

new topics

join