It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

writers dilemma-

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Is it just me- As I feel there is a lack of Support going on here. People are not coming togeather to show support for each other. There is also people that gain "Attention" and are starred and flagged when I personally do not think that they're extra oridinary writers. Why is this So? I will not have my intelligence or talent be thrown down the line. I was a an A grade English Student as well as a A grade beginner in University. So please, stop the snobery, I think I wil finish here and will finish with ATS. Its not "Spiritual" and supportive there is a different world and "Inner meanings" going On. Please get your act togeather, this is ONE of the Reasons why we as a "Whole" - Within Hummanity, -that we do not get along- Greed, Jelousy and the Like- I would rather crawl back into my haven, my Sacred abode at my little place safe from the world of evil, hatred, jelousy, etc; I Am One and Peaceful In My World of -Love and Light -Only Do I wish the World would be this way too~

[edit on 19-8-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So, you were a grade A english student. Well what school did you go to because your spelling sure does not show it.

Sorry I could not resist.
At least I stayed on subject.

As in an example of " snobery " as you put it.

I kind of get a laugh out of some of the posts. I don't take it personal or let it get to me.

Have a nice day
S & F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Don't be bummed, Catalyst. I know how you feel. I spent a few hours writing a short story last week. I'm going to do it every Wednesday, I think. I was so bummed, when only one friend told me it was good and one other guy said it was 'not bad writing.'

I'll go read your stuff, and you can read my stuff, k?
There's a writing contest going on right now, have you tried to get in on that? Look for the link...it's like mysterious subjects or something...try your hand on that....writers are artists, friend, and as such, I think we tend to be a little more sensitive than others...just give it some time and keep plugging away.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Really

Amazingly

Stupid

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry, as I really don't wish to offend you here, but for wanting to be such a respectable writer, you sure have a difficult time putting together a cohesive thought.

I didn't really understand your post. Are you talking creative writing? Reporting? Fact, fiction?

I feel there are some pieces here that are less than respected for their ability to paint a picture, but I also think that there are too many pieces that lack even basics when it comes to composition.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yeah....screw grammar, punctuation, spelling and all of the other crap that people try to hide behind to prove that they are somehow superior to anyone else.

Before ANY of you ever-so-helpful and compassionate gods of literature go pulling the splinter out of this guy's eye, maybe you could take the log out of your own.

I've got a great idea. Let's just tell everyone how bad they suck. You know what? Not a single ONE of you pompous, self-absorbed literary critics have any right to come down hard on this guy. His stuff may suck. All of our stuff sucks. As soon as one of you winners can pop in here and prove that you are any MORE human than this guy, or were born knowing how to write, or are completely immune to stupid mistakes, we'll lift you up on the pedestal you think you're already on. Maybe you should pull the cobs out of your a$$ and try having a little compassion for you fellow man.

Maybe instead of giving someone some encouragement, we should all just point out every area in life that they completely BLOW at. What a great world this is.

Really

Amazingly

Stupid
Brilliant in its simplicity. Powerful, emotional!

As in an example of " snobery " as you put it.
uh....don't think there are any spaces in between the quotes and the letters of the word IN the quotes...

Are you talking creative writing? Reporting? Fact, fiction?
I am in AWE of the cohesiveness of THIS sentence...or is it more than one? Wow. I didn't know there were too many one word sentences a person could use...except maybe something like 'Schmuck.'

You guys are missing the point. This kid wasn't saying he was better than anyone else. He said he got good grades in English. That's good for him! He was bummed about not having any support. He wasn't ragging you guys and I don't understand why you had to give him such a hard time.

Just lighten up guys. Cut the kid some slack and instead or lording your amazing gifts over the rest of us, how about coming down to mingle with us mortals on occasion so that you can impart your wisdom to those of us that could really use the help.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Though it's nice to share one's work here at ATS, you would get more support at a writer's site.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That's an awesome and helpful suggestion.
do you have a site you could recommend as a jumping off place for someone who was interested in looking in to that? (can we even post that here? )

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I totally agree with you here Night Star*** not sure who your are -but shall look you up. As for some previous feedback- Spelling is not equivilant to the "Actual English Langage". -Believe it or Not! Its the Immagination and Intelligence that stems to create a form of "Literature' -So to Speak-So please -Again Do not try to Insult the Person's Intelligence and Creative Input that they have Artistiscaly Created in a Form of Art and Expression~

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

KSPigPen your Avator Freaks me Out! dunno- its just Really Trippie man~ though Love your're Input and -Yes -I have a story in the Latest Compo- called- "A Quarter to 12"...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bigstone

Hey there Big Boy! -Looking Mighty Cool and Strong! -Hey I can beat you down Anytime- "Litteraly" -Bring It On!" - Hit me Strong - Hit me Quick- doubt if you can hit me "Slick!"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrailerHouseBoy
Really

Amazingly

Stupid
Really Amazing WTF is this supposed be? -"Fake Trailer Boy" -Your story was very Sceptical- so what brings you here- Boredom???? ...Seems a lot of this apathetic "Life-Style" goes within the-"Internet": Seek People that -"Need a Life!!!!!!" Might eithen see yu there by the trailor haveing more than a drink or two~

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Mabey here, hmm- "The Santa Claus" - expression -indeed - one who is "Wrapped Up"- in the innnovation of they're own immagination? -Good Try- But doesn't quite work- You not so smart - P>S. I would Rather a "Female Santa Claus" - there're "JUST SO MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT-THAN THE 'MALE ONES"-

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Wow, I guess you told us!

I never claimed to be a better speller or writer then anybody.
Actually I read these post and see a lot of people who seem more literate than me.

I was simply agreeing in my own way.
Sorry if I offended anyone.
Like I said before I don't let what people say get to me. I have enough stress in my life.

I was trying to relay that thought.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Mabey that "Picture" -"Avator" - is quite -shall you say somewhat intimidating?:... But nice to have Strong big boy on Line-for when things
may get out of hand....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread493407/pg1#pid6938849]post by bigst

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread493407/pg1#pid6938849]post

link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread493407/pg1#pid6938849]post by bigst

link   
[more

My Computer was playing up last night and running very slowly, so I hit the repeat button several times, while trying to edit a post. This is the reason for the number of Repeats...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join