It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MNF-Iraq Insignia very strange...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

i wonder what the meaning is behind all this... the 7-pointed star, the annunaki in the forefront, the crossed swords etc. why would an american army choose this as thier symbol? i see nothing american about it...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Isn't this this creature supposed to be what the stargate guards look like? You know, there are supposed to be 2 guarding the entrance to the gate? I remember reading this somewhere here on the boards.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LSWONE
Isn't this this creature supposed to be what the stargate guards look like? You know, there are supposed to be 2 guarding the entrance to the gate? I remember reading this somewhere here on the boards.

yes i do believe so..

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

In Islamic history, prophet Muhammad's journey through Isra and Miraj on a creature named "Al-Boraq" (means lightning in Arabic). The creature or thing was described as having a human head, body of a horse and wings. It was white as silk with silver and gold lining.

During those ancient times, this was how those people described something which was intelligent as human head, convenient/fast as a horse, could fly like a bird and zap through atmosphere like a lightning.

Modern Islamic scholars interpreted this Al-Boraq was actually a super advanced spacecraft which had white overall with silver/gold lining.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This imagery pre-dates Islam by around 4500 years. It is from the Sumerian period.

The main figure in that insignia is a Sumerian deity called Nergal.

Nergal is pretty much the Sumerian equivalent of the Roman god of war, Ares.

Here's part of what wikipedia has to say about Nergal:

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Being a deity of the desert, and a god of fire, the negative aspects of the sun, and the underworld, and also being a god of one of the religions who rivalled Christianity and Judaism, Nergal was sometimes called a demon and even being identified with Satan.

According to Collin de Plancy and Johann Weyer, Nergal was said to be the chief of Hell's "secret police", and said to be "an honorary spy in the service of Beelzebub".

At least they're not trying to hide it...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman
"why would an american army choose this as thier symbol? i see nothing american about it..."

Thier again trying to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people. My Cousin came home on leave from Iraq and told me that the Iraqi people have a venomous hatred for us. They have no running water, Electricity and little freedoms. This is just a crappy attempt to try and convince the Iraqi people or just make them think we respect thier oil....I mean culture and heritage.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Having been there I would have so agree that SOME people hate us and SOME people dont.

It is a simple test of logic.
Most people who "hate" us do so for reasons related to what the Imams tell them. Others do not like us because they were not directly touched by Sadamn's sadistic regime and they had all the amenities of life, heck some even got perks.
And now we came and ruined all of that for them...

If we had an armed revolution here in the US we would lose power and water and all of the other first world services that we enjoy. And of course people would come out of the wood work and say that the revolution was not worth all of the new hassles and therefore be against the revolutionaries.

The question comes down to whether the individual does or does not support the revolution.

I think that is the root of the "hatred."

Next time you talk to any servicemen that is home and they speak negatively about what the US is doing make sure you ask them what the individual Iraqi is doing to help himself. When I was there most (90-95%) of the people did not lift a finger to help out there own situation. They have become custom to being grateful for the scraps that an oppressive regime throws to them.

Freedom isn't Free.
Never has been, Never will be

top topics

join