It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of Baghdad blasts kills at least 60

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This just goes to show that it's not only the Americans soldiers being in Iraq which makes some Iraqis mad. Like others have said in this thread have said most have it has to deal with Saddam not being around anymore.

The situation is complicated. The easy answer for a lot of people even ones here was because they didn't want the US troops their. This proves that was not entirely correct.

I am not saying we should put US soldier back in to the cities. That is the last thing I want, I have friends over there right now and others getting ready to go over. I wouldn't really say they have suffered a set back, things were not great before we got over there the chains have just been taken off.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All it takes is a few people willing to die for their cause and few explosions that makes it look like an invasion of some kind and its total doom. We would have to be 100% perfect to appear that its working and only .99 % for terrrorists to succeed that its not working at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

That's the thing. In 2005, my platoon uncovered one of the largest weapons caches discovered in the Al-Anbar province to that date: 8 barrels of ammonium nitrate, 4 shipping crates of Russian and Chinese AK-47s still wrapped in plastic with packing grease, 2 RPKs, an NSVT with a tripod and vehicle mount, pillowcases full of grenades, i think 6 or 7 crates of mortars, numerous cans of 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R, and 12.7x108, boxes of anti-tank and anti-personnel RPGs, etc. We had to use EVERY BIT of C-4 the on-call EOD team had to execute the controlled det.

What was all that leading up to, you may ask? INTER-TRIBAL CONFLICT and CIVIL WAR. I don't know about the brass, but the prevailing idea among our ranks was that all that hardware was not intended for use against U.S. or coalition forces. If it was, they'd have cracked that out instead of the rusting AKs and home-made rocket launchers that exploded on launch 50% of the time. This stuff was being saved for something, and that's what we're seeing now. Inter-tribal and Sunni/Shiite hits. No one in the government is going to acknowledge it, but the ONLY THING keeping a lot of those cities from descending into a more complete anarchy at the time was the presence of trained force that could actually take some initiative in armed conflict, not the sorry excuse a lot of those places have for police.

[edit on 2009/8/19 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is intresting I am currently an hour south of Baghdad (been here for a while) and i have not even heard about this. My company has been convoying up there frequently and none of us heard about this.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

Griever is exactly right, many of you know Im a former Marine myself, deployed many times to the area......

These people aren too worried bout the troops, because their fight has been and has ALWAYS been a religious one.

They want their extreme muslim views to be the prevailing muslim views through out the whole region.......

they fought and they fought hard against the U.S and other occupations, but they always knew that it would be a temporary gain.....

Their whole objective, is to take control of the region AFTER we left, they always knew we would....they have much more foresight then people think they do.....

You cant fight 2000 years of religious ideology with weapons, because they dont care, they dont play by the rules......they play by the martyr code...

Do they care if innocents die? NO, because if they arent in their specific realm of "muslim" beliefs then they are infidels too....and if they ARE in that realm and they die along side them, then they get rewarded as well.......

there is no logic here........there is only ONE religion to these people and ONE way.......and its death other wise.......

As soon as we withdrawn everyone we have, they have free reign to access any caches and resources they have left over, to exert pressure on what ever remaining governing rule there is.....and they wont stop.....once the foothold is made there, they will continue to do so through out the world, as much as possible......

Unless you have been there, fought against, bled, and had brothers and sisters die in the face of this monstrosity , there is no way you can grasp the horror and resolve of a religion HELL bent on making everyone else on the planet conform to them or die..........this makes the crusades look like a piknik on lollipop hill.......

Edit * This is NOT all muslims, im talking about the extremist, the jihadi etc...a lot of the muslim faith does not believe in this sort of death and destruction take over........

[edit on 20-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

once again bashing the poor terrorists around the world. Leave them alone, they can kill who ever they want in Iraq because they are Iraqis, tell your troops to F-off and go home and terrorize some Americans. Wouldn't that be fair. Look at it from another angle for awhile, not from a crack through the wall and I'm guessing the crack is FOX news. zzzz

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join