It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Religious Preference" Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why is it that if you are legally obtained by a police officer for any reason or a hospital that you are asked for your religious preference and why do they wish to document and maintain that personal, be it vague record of your religous beliefs?

Please do not reply with the response below.

"It's so that they don't accidentally disrespect you."

People in general do require a bit of tact when it comes to maintaining a job, so that rule doesn't necesarrily apply here.

Is it possible that there is a conspiracy to treat patients and citizens in both types of situations described above differently, according to chain of command in the work place and need to know basis? Why do they care about our religious beliefs? Who cares about it more specifically and what do they do with that information?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
A conspiracy indicates some sort of organized attempt to execute a secret agenda. Are you proposing that this is something that every hospital and doctor's office is in on?

I guess if all medical professionals abide by a set a rules that a medical standards organization sets, you could organize something like that.

I think though that it's most likely handled like this to cater to certain religions that are really strict about medications and medical/burial practices. On that note, it's probably done to protect them from getting sued. People sue doctors for everything, including performing surgeries or prescribing medications that don't run in accordance with their religious beliefs.

It's most likely something the insurance companies either recommend or insist the medical institutions ask to cover their tales.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
yeah, some religions are against surgeries and stuff like resuscitation. if your catholic, for instance, they will find a priest to give you your last rights if need be.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yeah you got it and then you denied it. If there is a general conspiracy then it is hard to prove. There is too much evidence supporting the idea of respect in the ever changing world hence multicultural societies.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

OK...a loved one went to the hospital for athsma. Before she was treated she was asked religious preference, she said none. Also was asked about health insurance. Same answer, none.

They kept her and treated her overnight. When we were getting ready to leave the doctor (who only treated her once that morning) wrote some scripts, I am not just talking one, I am talking several. The nurse comes in and tells us what scripts. Except when we asked her what each script was for, she didn't know.

So she said you could ask the doctor, but he's busy. So if you want we could look them up on the internet. So basically the nurses had no clue whatsoever and now I am wondering if the doctor even knew. We left the hospital and paid around $500 cash out of pocket for scripts we don't even know what they were for.

Three were for three different kinds of inhalers. One was albuterol which is the most common. The other two were proair and foradil. Then there were some pills.

So when I got home I looked them up. Foradil, temporarily makes breathing easier, but over time creates more severe asthma attacks and even death. Proair, I believe weakens your immunity among other things. Then there was the pills which I still have to look into, but on the bottle is a warning label that says that it might also weaken your immune system.

So basically we spent $500 on meds that are going to keep her sick. Not to mention that it was our second hospital visit that day, and second visit to the ER that month so the hospital bills aer coming, thousands of dollars worth and we have no health insurance.

So anyways I was reading about the healthcare bill here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and then there was this

Those not enrolled in another health plan, and who do not oppose coverage for religious reasons, would be faced with penalties (established in their home state) if they did not enroll themselves and their children in a HAPI plan.

Ok so I am sitting here wondering now. Maybe there is something more sinister to this question.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let me also add that everything during our stay at the hospital was great. The nurses were great, the doctors were great. We got everything we needed when we were there.

It was when we left that was frustrating. Because we weren't sure they were giving us the 'cure' we were looking for. But since the nurses had no idea what they were prescribing us and maybe the doctor didn't even know for that matter. There was no one we could ask for advice or argue our case.

So just so that my theory is easier to understand. I believe that somewhere higher in the chain of command, (higher than the doctor) perhaps even pharmecuetical company level, they are recomended online or over the phone what to perscribe their patients.

If those people have your medical access records, they can know your religious preference, as well as other details.

Oh I also forgot to mention that she was also instructed to stay on certain medications and get flu shots once a year. She also had a hep B shot a month or two ago.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Please do not reply with the response below.

I'm sorry but that is often what it boils down to. It's also due to the fact some religions prohibit certain types of treatments and the hospital can be sued if they disobey the orders.

For instance, Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to have blood transfusions and there have been law suits filed over JW's who have received blood from donors. It's often just a way for the hospitals to cover their behinds.

Even if you go in for just an asthma attack like your loved one did, you never know what could happen. If the hospital did something that was against her religious beliefs, they suddenly could be faced with a law suit. They'll most likely win but they still don't want the headache.

It's not a conspiracy to gather info on patients. It's so their religious beliefs are not infringed and so the hospitals don't get sued. Also, if someone dies in their care, they may require certain rites at death.

It's a lot of things before it is a conspiracy.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A very high percentage of everything that goes on in a hospital in the USA is designed to avoid a potential lawsuit. From the questions they ask to the tests they perform. Way too many people look to cash in on the litigation lottery.

You want better, less expensive health care? Medical tort reform.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the government will need to know who the christians are so that they can be later massacred more effectively under the noahide law. no doubt the doctors are not aware of the conspiracy though.

'It is our duty to force all mankind to accept the seven Noahide laws, and if not – they will be killed.'" -- Rabbi Yitzhak Ginsburg.

A gentile...is liable for the death penalty...if he has invented a religious holiday for himself...The general principle is we do not allow them to make new religious rituals and to make 'mitzvahs' for themselves by their own devices. Rather they may either become a Ger Tzeddek and accept all the Mitvahs; or he (the Noahide) should stand fast in his Torah (the seven Noahide Laws) without adding or diminishing...and if he does make some new 'mitzvah,' we lash him, punish him, and inform him that he is obligated with the death penalty for this..." (Rambam Mishne Torah—Hilchos Melachim 10:9)

"...according to the known Jewish ruling that Christians are idol worshippers." (Likkutei Sichos 37:198)

"We must not make a covenant with idolaters, to agree on keeping peace with them or accept them practising idolatry, because it says (Deut 7:2) Thou shalt not make a covenant with them. Either they give up idolatry or they are killed. And it is forbidden to pity them, since it says (ibid.): Nor shalt thou shew mercy unto them.

The rabid rabbies will then have a list of who are the christian "idolaters" that need to be beheaded, so they don't have to look around so much.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Spiritfilled]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree. However when we asked the nurse I could sense that she knew something or that she was biting her lip trying to avoid the conversation, then she rushed us out of there. I think she was just taking orders.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Also curious if anyone can answer this.

Are doctors given incentives by pharmeceutical companies to offer the pharmecuetical company products as sort of a commision/sales/performance type of program?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are doctors given incentives by pharmeceutical companies to offer the pharmecuetical company products as sort of a commision/sales/performance type of program?

Absolutely yes. I've been gathering research to do a thread on it after hearing about this from our doctor who is a family friend.

They get kickbacks from the prescriptions and treatments. They even have 'awards' where they can win vacations and bonuses. It's really sad and is why I toss out most of my prescriptions instead of filing them with the pharmacy.

It's a huge racket similar to insurance companies who award their employees for finding reasons to deny claims.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ok thanks. I had a feeling that was the issue. Now I feel that we are getting somewhere.

I have been fortunate enough to stay healthy on my own. Personally I avoid hospital visits and unneeded prescriptions at all cost. Though when it comes to someone else. I do not feel like I know enough about prescription drugs or treatments to offer any advice, so I have no choice but to offer my opinion but that is all.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey would you mind asking your doctor friend for me about my "religious preference" inquiry even if you don't think that is the case?

reply to post by Spiritfilled

the government will need to know who the christians are so that they can be later massacred more effectively under the noahide law. no doubt the doctors are not aware of the conspiracy though.

I agree. I don't think it is only limited to christians though. It probably happens to catholics and those who fall into the athiest category as well.

In this case, it would have been in the 'atheism' category. Even though she is not an athiest.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Hey would you mind asking your doctor friend for me about my "religious preference" inquiry even if you don't think that is the case?

Sure. He's an allergist with a private practice so I'm not sure what all he would know about it but I'll ask anyways.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

He probably knows a lot. You go in there all sneezin' and stuff, he has to know what to say.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

But will he fess up if he's one of 'them?' Or will he claim ignorance?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Cool thanks. He is at least familiar with the pharma companies though.

I know there are some doctors on ATS I would love to hear one go 'off the record.'

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'll ask my doctor about this as well, I have to go pretty soon anyways. My wife and I have a good relationship with our doctor and frankly she's been pretty candid with us about certain things in the past.

For instance, she's helped us maneuver through health insurance loop holes on several occasions. She's also told us that she only deals with certain pharmaceutical companies, which goes along with what you guys are talking about here.

She described it like Coke versus Pepsi. Each pharmaceutical company has a wide variety of different products for different treatments. She said that a lot of medical practices prescribe meds based on their medical group's relationship with certain companies.

Even though our doctor isn't part of a medical group, she mentioned that she too has similar relationships. However, she chooses which company to deal with based on the performance of their meds.

So she didn't admit it, but I think she was insinuating that they receive kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies; and that a lot of practices/medical groups choose companies based on said kickbacks.

It's interesting, but not really surprising.

new topics

top topics

join