It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Mail from my Senator--------OMG

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You call a bunch of loud mouthed hooligans "the American Public"? I don't think so.

Look at the polls. Do Americans want this bill passed or not?

If polls good enough to show that Obama would win then they're good enough to show what Americans don't want.

Americans want healthcare but not this bill.

They are bilking the public for their own profits. Doctors are losing, patients are losing, but guess who wins? Insurance companies. I say cap the profits insurance companies can make or make them non-profit.

I see no problem here. IMO, Congress has the power to regulate to ensure Americans aren't being ripped off. However, I don't feel that a 1,000 page bill is necessary to do this.

to you too.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

Hey, didn't you heard in the news? they are after all those accounts oversea from tax evaders, (usually the very wealthy).

The IRS is telling that they will be able to recuperate billions of dollars from those accounts.
yeah right, after they take their cut because the IRS is nothing but more thieves been protected by the government.

Let the thieves take care of the thieves.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Those not enrolled in another health plan, and who do not oppose coverage for religious reasons, would be faced with penalties (established in their home state) if they did not enroll themselves and their children in a HAPI plan.

Ok what is this? Is that for real? Are they high? Religious reasons set you free? Opposing it for non-religious reasons is penalized? And with what?

Ok I just read this thread and you beat me to that quote. I just like to add into your post... what the heck happened to SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE? I guess I have to change my religion if I can't afford their required healthcare premiums. Where can I find the form for religious exchange please sirs?!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Yes that little part inspired me to write a new thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to be missing a BIG part of the picture!

Where the money for the Health care reform Will come from!!!

“”This program would be
funded, in part, by increasing income tax on the top 5% of earners,
establishing a tax on stock and bond transactions, and a progressive excise tax on self-employment and payroll income.”“
Pay attention to the Payroll part, that means income tax hikes!!!

Also
H.R.15 would impose a value added tax (VAT) of 5% on
each sale of property, performance of service, and importation of property
in the United States in a commercial-type transaction.

Exceptions would be made for food, housing, medical care, exports, interest, governmental entities, and certain tax-exempt organizations.

The revenue raised by the VAT would be deposited in a newly-created National Health Care Trust Fund to pay for health care costs not covered by other means.

Additional 5% tax on:

First Gas, like it isn’t already expensive.

Household goods, furniture, appliances, televisions, electronic equipment etc.

Autos, auto repairs and parts.

Utilities?

Travel, by whatever means.

I’m sure if I thought about it long enough I would come up with more.

Exempt from 5% added tax:

Food, Housing, medical care
Non-profit organizations all good.

But,
Exports, can you say Corporations? If the importers will have to pay it then why not the Exporters?

Government entities, Why? So they won’t have to pay the tax for oh, lets say office furniture, Autos, travel etc!

Pay Attention people because this will include Everyone, including the poor and working poor.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
People do not want to pay attention to details, they want to feel good. Healthcare for all! Freeeeee! Is much more pleasant than....

We are going to tax the ever loving crap out of you then we are going to limit your care and tell doctors how they can treat you

If you think that won't happen, than you are living in fantasy land.

www.americanthinker.com...

From a doctor's experience

[edit on 8/19/2009 by llpoolej]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Have not doubt my friends, health care reform will be passed no matter what the public wants or not.

Interesting to see how they used the millions of people without health care, because that is a lie, we have government run heath care is call Medicare and Medicaid.

Perhaps what they are talking about is the millions of illegal immigrant that doesn't qualify for Medicare and Medicaid.

Deceiving.

Both medicare and Medicade do not have to accept you. I personally do not see what the problem is. I know plenty of people that do not have health insurence. (not illegal immigrants) that do not qualify for medicare or medicade and/or do not have the money to pay for it. I would love for some of these folks that are against this bill to come live in some of our shoes. My girl friend just had to have a "minor" surgey to remove a cyst that got infected because she did not go to the doctor sooner. She did not go because she has no insurence. She has no insurece because she can not find a job and the state refuses to cover her through medicare/medicade. So now she is stuck with a $8000 med bill. Plus has had to pay for the antibiotics. Their are millions of us out their like that. What are we supposed to do. I dont know what Obama is planing to charge for these plans but You have to think that it's going to be on a sliding scale. Personally I find it very welcome that looks like it will pass. I know the majority of people that are against this already have some form of good health care and have never been in the position where they have not been covered. Let them come walk a mile in the shoes of the person that has no coverage. The person that is coughing up blood but refuses to go to the hospital because they cant afford it. the person that everyday has to think about what am i going to do if I get hurt. Even a minor injury cost thousends.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You can always get a short term major medical policy. If you and your girlfriend are young, there shouldn't have been a problem.

Really, we don't need government run insurance, they have proven how badly run and well, bad it is already.

What we need is INSURANCE/Health care reform. I'd love to see pre-exists taken away. Believe me. So much needs to be changed, but, it doesn't need to be done away with and have the (incompentent) government in charge

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley

Originally posted by marg6043
Have not doubt my friends, health care reform will be passed no matter what the public wants or not.

Interesting to see how they used the millions of people without health care, because that is a lie, we have government run heath care is call Medicare and Medicaid.

Perhaps what they are talking about is the millions of illegal immigrant that doesn't qualify for Medicare and Medicaid.

Deceiving.

Both medicare and Medicade do not have to accept you. I personally do not see what the problem is. I know plenty of people that do not have health insurence. (not illegal immigrants) that do not qualify for medicare or medicade and/or do not have the money to pay for it. I would love for some of these folks that are against this bill to come live in some of our shoes. My girl friend just had to have a "minor" surgey to remove a cyst that got infected because she did not go to the doctor sooner. She did not go because she has no insurence. She has no insurece because she can not find a job and the state refuses to cover her through medicare/medicade. So now she is stuck with a $8000 med bill. Plus has had to pay for the antibiotics. Their are millions of us out their like that. What are we supposed to do. I dont know what Obama is planing to charge for these plans but You have to think that it's going to be on a sliding scale. Personally I find it very welcome that looks like it will pass. I know the majority of people that are against this already have some form of good health care and have never been in the position where they have not been covered. Let them come walk a mile in the shoes of the person that has no coverage. The person that is coughing up blood but refuses to go to the hospital because they cant afford it. the person that everyday has to think about what am i going to do if I get hurt. Even a minor injury cost thousends.

LOL. If your friend went to the doctor sooner, she would have been stuck with a lower bill.

The problem with heath insurance in this country is that it has led the younger people to stupidly believe that one is not liable for their own hospital costs.

You act incredulous that she should have to pay. LOL.. You expect me to?

fools.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When you look at the demographic polls, however, three is this disturbing fact:

"Obama's plan is most popular among younger Americans and least popular among senior citizens," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "A majority of Americans over the age of 50 oppose Obama's plan; a majority of those under 50 support it."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

As a senior citizen, I can tell you that not only do I oppose it, but virtually every senior I know believe that this plan will kill medicare, and replace it with a limited set of options.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I wouldn't believe Anything that CNN says. They are right up Obama's behind.
I would go more for the lower income citizens are for it, and the mid to upper incme citizens are against it.

That seems to be what I have been seeing anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
As a senior citizen, I can tell you that not only do I oppose it, but virtually every senior I know believe that this plan will kill medicare, and replace it with a limited set of options.

And WHY do they oppose it? Why do you believe that?

This guy opposes it because it "seems like" something ...and he has no idea why he opposes it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley

Both medicare and Medicade do not have to accept you. She has no insurece because she can not find a job and the state refuses to cover her through medicare/medicade. So now she is stuck with a $8000 med bill. Plus has had to pay for the antibiotics. Their are millions of us out their like that. What are we supposed to do.

What I have said, and what I will say again, is that they should extend Medicare and Medicaid coverage to include these people.
It would Still be cheaper to do this than overhaul the Whole health care system!!!!
People who Do Have Health Insurance that they Like should Not have to worry about the Government Making them go to this Nationalized health care/one payer system.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We need a health care system that is not as costly and is easy to acess the care you need. I am on medicare and I have yet to find a Dr. Why is it so hard for the government to tell Drs they must take ALL health care insurances? What is it so hard for the government to cover those insured by their policies? Why can't the government pay the full bills as opposed to a % leaving the patient with bills or simply refusing to pay the Drs or hospital.
I heard that medicare only and medicaid only pays 25% of what they are actually billed and then it takes them months to do so. Why can't they honor their own insurance? Is is ridculous.
Is that what the government health care plan will be like? Is it going to be like medicare/medicaid. Will it be just as hard if not harder to get a DR?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And WHY do they oppose it? Why do you believe that?

Well, for one, he plans to cut back or eliminate Medicare Advantage.
Second, to help pay for the bill, he will cut back on medicare reimbursements. This will result in fewer and fewer doctors accepting medicare, and basically leave seniors with insurance that they can't use, because they can't get a doctor to accept it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join