It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Oregon Offering College Credits to Those Who Push Obama's Agenda....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting. Push Obama's agenda and get college credit for it, as well as getting paid.

A state school using taxpayer money and federal aid to push Obama's agenda? Seems rather illegal. Then again, Oregon has become a cesspool of liberalism rivaling my home state of Massachusetts.....

(Weekly Standard) -I received an email at my University of Oregon account today informing me that there are “intern opportunities with Organizing for America,” formerly Obama for America. According to the email, OFA is launching what it calls the “National Organizing Internship” for college students around the country. From the email:

Organizing Interns work side by side with OFA staff and community leaders to help build support for President Obama's agenda. They will learn core organizing principles that are crucial for any campaign.

President Obama describes his time as a community organizer by saying: "It was the best education I ever had, because I learned in those neighborhoods that when ordinary people come together, they can achieve extraordinary things."

This is your chance to get that same education.

If you're passionate about making sure every American has quality health care, reviving our economy, and building a clean energy future, don't miss this great opportunity. No previous experience is needed in order to apply.

Yes, you, too, can learn how to walk door-to-door and hand people flyers!You will also learn core phone-banking principles and how the OFA staff prefers their coffee. And yes, students are eligible to receive college credit for pushing the president’s agenda, provided they set it up with their school. Become a cog in the great hope machine today! Just don’t call it astroturfing!

www.weaselzippers.net...

Also posted here:

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

I saw an interesting documentary on a similar subject called Indoctrinate U. It's about how certain viewpoints are being suppressed on college campuses across the country. Interesting documentary, I recommend watching it. It's available for free on the website, if I'm not mistaken.

Giving course credit to push political agendas, and using tax payer money to do so is just plain wrong. S&F.

TA

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
you dont have to conform. you just have to convince them that you have. profiting from lies is the american way and im glad obama has given the youth a chance to get there feet bloodied.

XP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I like the Oregon Ducks. Do not care for the school, but I love their football team.

Are we really surprised at this? I would be surprised of it was Texas A&M or even Univeristy of Texas or OU (my other favorite teams) . . . but it is Oregon. Typical.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
/slaps forehead

1.) It's not like they are giving College Credit for Trolling Forums Promoting Intelligent Design

2.) This is an Internship. You can get College Credit for an Internship with Rush Limbaugh or with the K.K.K. if you prefer that.

3.) This is not just University of Oregon, but you can get college Credit for an Internship with Organizing for America (or Rush Limbaugh or the K.K.K.) at *ANY* Accredited University and many Community Colleges with 4 year Undergraduate programs anywhere in the United States.

4.) Organizing for America is not directly affiliated in any way with the Office of the President or Barrack Obama himself. Organizing for America is not authorized by any member of the Executive Branch or Executive committee. It was a private foundation setup by the Democratic National Congress. It's akin to saying the The Heritage Foundation was Bush's personal Gestapo.

5.) What on earth makes you think that Oregon is Liberal? Of Registered Voters, if you take the gratuitous 3% Margin for Error, Democrats and Republicans are split right down the center in Oregon. However, unlike Republicans from other States who only see Red and Blue, both sides work together in Oregon as Oregonians, not as zombie-automatons putting their Party and it's rhetoric above Common Sense, Decency, and Unity. Oregonians are the most likely in the Union to vote against Party lines...because we vote with our Conscience, not blindly follow what our Party tells us to do. Oregonians don't take too kindly with anyone telling us what to do, whether it be a Party Convention, a private Foundation, the Federal Government, or even the President himself.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by fraterormus]

new topics

top topics

join