It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000
God wants us to figure things out for our selves to help better our selves and others. Also I believe "God" is in another dimention.

I think he's on another Planet to be honest

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

You do realise this just another "Why does 'God' allow suffering argument?" right? And is hardly a very logical argument against existance as it is a emotionally based stance that asserts such a being must act in the capacity of a Superman. I recommend a book called "The Race for God" by Brian Herbert. It's a rather good scifi book.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Where is your God?!
Even though I personally believe in the Christian-Judeo version of God, I do not have any proof to support his existence. Using the Bible alone as evidence would only produce failure. I do not think anyone alive is qualified to answer this question. People can only give you their emotional interpretation of God, but they cannot provide anything substantial.

When it comes to our current knowledge of God (and alien UFOs), we are limited to philosophy based upon subjective interpretation. Keep in mind that this does not mean they do not exist, but they have not been proven to be real or imaginary.

If I had to explain where my God is, I would have to express it through philosophical means. Since God is located throughout time and space, one could make the argument that he is everywhere. I think the original poster's question might be "Why does God let bad things happen?" I believe its all about the premise of allowing freewill. Each person is exercising their freewill, and some people are causing pain and harm onto others. According to the basis of Christianity, God holds each individual responsible for their own actions.

My question in return would be:

"Where those killers, rapists, and tormentors of God? Or, were they of man?"

That would being me to a second question:

"Why does man do evil?"

Its all philosophical and psychological.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Pathos]

link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper
Just because I believe in God, that makes me a parasite? Just because you don't believe in a God (who's plan we may not fully understand until sometime in the future), that make you right???

My idea is just this. IF there is a God like the bible teaches, what harm can come to me if I live like it's so? What harm can come to me or you if it's not so??

Why do you have to trash that which you cannot rationalize or believe in?? If you don't want to believe...well, ok! I don't pretend to know all, and won't judge you for not knowing either. YOU KNOW...you don't really know!!! It's just what you are hoping is reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

haha. the theory consists of the idea that some human minds return to the form of slime, from which we all rose up. but instead of taking millions of years, it happens in mere minutes. i believe the christians call it accepting christ into your heart.

ouch!

i might have struck a nerve with a few people here.

im not just picking on christianity tho, im calling out all religions that use the concept that man is flawed as a crutch, and therefore depend on an outside force/deity to save them and help them thru this life.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well you could look at it in a whole different angle.

If god took revenge on ever single person who committed a wrongful act then no one would do these acts.

Problem with that is do you want to live an eternity with rapists and killers because they were too scared for their lives to do it here or would you rather have them weeded out?

In all reality they may succeed with their crime against another person but even during the ordeal they have the option of changing their actions and following a better path. Of course that's a once or twice thing every 100 years or so but they have every opportunity to change.

Where is my god? Trying to deal with billions of people, on top of that trying to deal with the evil that resides on more than just earth. He's a pretty busy guy and who knows how many other civilizations in the universe is doing the same thing causing even more work for him.

It's like having a fish tank. You start to clean your own house and turn around only to see one of you fish eat another one.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't get exactly what you meant, can you clarify? I don't see any people being directly struck down and every one else knowing it was God who did it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think "God" is probably wise enough to allow the kids under his care to undergo their stupid crap and gradually become over time into the great Beings they will one day become - without interfering. Because in interference there is stoppage of growth.

Besides, if God is also within us, then in all likelihood, it is God doing such stuff to its own self as well. Darned inexperienced deities these days.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just another stab a the religious. I thought the OP was truly on his way to asking good relevant questions without actually taking stabs at the religous.

I guess his last thread about religion, which wasn't confrontational, didn't gather the amount of stars and flags his confrontational threads of the same nature gathered. So he decided to revert to his old ways.

The arguement of "If God is real why do bad things happen?" is old and tired. Do a simple google search of that question and you can find all you want on the matter.

But you won't get any stars and flags.

link   
"Just because I believe in God, that makes me a parasite?"

Why do you guys always have to make it personal?

I didnt call humans parasites (even tho we are, but thats a whole different can of worms), i called religion a parasite.

And i said it attacks weak minds. So there, if you want to get mad at me for stating that anyone who adopts a religious belief into their minds has a weak mind, then fine. I am guilty.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

link   
reply to post by Republican08

God is inside me, as I believe in myself. God identifies himself as the person he is guiding. Therefore I can say God is me, because he and I are the same. i follow my own way, and if God is there or not, he is guiding me by being me.

What God can't prevent is the actions of humans who are fighting against the will of God. God cannot stop people who fight in the name of religion. They do not belong to God, not even to Satan, but something worse that has not yet been described in literature.

link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Reply to post by Republican08

You do realise this just another "Why does 'God' allow suffering argument?" right? And is hardly a very logical argument against existance as it is a emotionally based stance that asserts such a being must act in the capacity of a Superman. I recommend a book called "The Race for God" by Brian Herbert. It's a rather good scifi book.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually the debate is, "How can i believe in a God when there is so much Suffering"

I think the OP is trying to get some incite on to other's thought's, thus helping him to understand the way thing's are a little better. It was not intended, im sure, to start an argument and while it may not be logical for you, it is a valid question for him.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by wraith001]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper
You're kidding right??? Man is not flawed??? Man is God-God is Man????
Being nice...this is outside the scope of the best of man's intellect.
You did not hit a nerve, you didn't get a rise out of or make me mad, I just don't understand the logic of "if I can't understand it then it just ain't so"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

"God didn't do this.... We did."

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I would add this..... can god regrow missing limbs?

I didn't think so!

-rrr

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Where is your God?!

I don't know.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Great episode of a great show

Still, all of us are wrong, or maybe all of us are right.

There is not a select group of people who do know though.

Do you see the hypocrisy even in my own opinion? Thats all it is...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Dakota

Comprehension 101

i said.....

"im not just picking on christianity tho, im calling out all religions that use the concept that man is flawed as a crutch, and therefore depend on an outside force/deity to save them and help them thru this life."

I did not say that man is NOT flawed. I said that religions use this concept as a crutch, attempting to prove to humanity that man does indeed need a "savior". some deity to save man from himself. And i find it laughable. It pure and simple chalks up to some humans inability to take responsiblity for their own actions and realize that they have the intellect, the mind, and the strength to live decent, noble lives without the aid of a christ, savior, deity.

Man must save himself!!! Man must take back control of his own life, because no other thing can.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My God, son, is your mind all over the place or what?

Where were YOU, when all that rotten crap happened? Has not it been told since the beginning that YOU ARE YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER?

Sin is crouching at the door for everyone and people have to learn to control their impulses. You may have learned this but obviously many have not.

Don't like the fact that you are your brothers keeper? Then learn to ignore it.

Want to make a change? Pick a cause and go change the world.

Before you go pointing your finger at God, maybe you need to re-read the story of Cain and Abel.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Our time on earth is like a grain of sand in eternity. We are here to choose whom we will serve, God or Satan.

The OP names some horrible things that happen to people and woe be unto them who commit such atrocities on others. Satan is actually the prince of this earth, he was given the earth when he challenged God's authority and was cast from heaven. Some of the things the op names have happened long ago but look around you, these evil doings are prolific in our present age, and God IS coming to boot Satan and his minions into the bowels of the earth, to rot in hell for all eternity.

Those who accept God and His Gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ can avoid the eternal torment that is sure to be heaped upon Satan and those who do his bidding, and those who refuse to accept forgiveness of their sin from God. He gave us His Only Begotten Son. What more do you want? It's like someone asking for a cigarette, you hand it to them, then they ask for a light, and you dig around and find one and hand that to them too. By that point you feel like asking "want me to smoke it for you too?"

Not accepting God is foolish. He put you here, and He will return for the faithful.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Bombeni]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join