It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings of unconditional love were fabricated into him being the only path to 'God'.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
?

What do you mean not to be confused with Jesus? Jesus was given that task by his Father. How can you say that no salvation was offered?

Was there salvation for man in the time of Adam and Eve and Noah? If so please by all means show me your proof. Last time i checked, god left a Angel with a fire sword to make sure they don't return to Eden.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings of unconditional love were fabricated into him being the only path to 'God'.

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings of unconditional love were to show the way to God. There is only one way and if you think you're going to get there any other way you are sadly mistaken my friend. How do you suppose you could stand in the Father's presence?

Was there salvation for man in the time of Adam and Eve and Noah? If so please by all means show me your proof. Last time i checked, god left a Angel with a fire sword to make sure they don't return to Eden.

So let me get this straight, you think God damned Noah, and everyone else before the time of Jesus, to hell? There is clearly a redeeming factor, even before Jesus' time.

And he (Abraham) believed in the Lord, and He (God) accounted it to him for righteousness. Gen 15.6

(David wrote...) Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me; For I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You! Ps 86.1-2

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation... Isa 61.10a

By faith, Abel... By faith, Enoch... By faith, Noah... By faith, Abraham... By faith, Sarah... By faith, Isaac... By faith, Jacob... By faith, Joseph... By faith, Moses... By faith, Rahab...And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets.....extracts from Heb 11.4-32

These (OT saints) all died in faith, not having received the promises (of a Savior-Messiah), but having seen them afar off... were Assured of them, and embraced them Heb 11.13a

In other words, Hebrews 11 right there states that the Old Testament saints had faith in Jesus before he was ever born.

So was there salvation in those times? Most definitely.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
you forgot to add that most of those people getting raped and tortured to death are also going to burn in hellfire for eternity. Praise the lord, for he is a kind and just lord.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

And then since I have provided the scriptures that show there was indeed salvation before Jesus was incarnated, you randomly jump to some statement about hell in which you know nothing about. Go figure.

I forgot to add...I forgive you.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

And then since I have provided the scriptures that show there was indeed salvation before Jesus was incarnated, you randomly jump to some statement about hell in which you know nothing about. Go figure.

I forgot to add...I forgive you.

I hope one day you can forgive yourself. For giving your life away instead of living it. If you ever wake up one day, look me up.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I live my life with my heart and not with my mind. That is why I give and don't take. The mind is greedy and egotistical, the heart is compassionate and loving.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I live my life with my heart and not with my mind. That is why I give and don't take. The mind is greedy and egotistical, the heart is compassionate and loving.

I wish I could understand, but those of us without Jesus, we are just heartless robots.. so tragic that I can't love and experience love, kindness or generosity. It's one or the other right? Jesus & living with the heart, or Atheist & living in blackness of the mind? I live with my heart and I am responsible for it, not an imaginary deity, not a book ME. You could do it too bud, without needing a group to belong to. Believe in yourself because if there was a god that is what he would want. It is not possible for an all powerful being to want worshipers, it is only possible for an all powerful being to want individuals. It is likely too late for you but I have managed to deprogram many young ones. I reduced a bible study class on Fridays at my child's school (via positive activism) by over 70% so there is still hope.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Jesus of Nazerath's teachings of unconditional love were to show the way to God. There is only one way and if you think you're going to get there any other way you are sadly mistaken my friend. How do you suppose you could stand in the Father's presence?

So let me get this straight, you think God damned Noah, and everyone else before the time of Jesus, to hell? There is clearly a redeeming factor, even before Jesus' time.

And he (Abraham) believed in the Lord, and He (God) accounted it to him for righteousness. Gen 15.6

(David wrote...) Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me; For I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You! Ps 86.1-2

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation... Isa 61.10a

By faith, Abel... By faith, Enoch... By faith, Noah... By faith, Abraham... By faith, Sarah... By faith, Isaac... By faith, Jacob... By faith, Joseph... By faith, Moses... By faith, Rahab...And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets.....extracts from Heb 11.4-32

These (OT saints) all died in faith, not having received the promises (of a Savior-Messiah), but having seen them afar off... were Assured of them, and embraced them Heb 11.13a

In other words, Hebrews 11 right there states that the Old Testament saints had faith in Jesus before he was ever born.

So was there salvation in those times? Most definitely.

i never said god damned Noah. just Humans in general.

If it were not for one righteous man Noah, God would have destroyed everything.

"This race of men whom I have created, I will wipe them off the face of the earth--man and beast, reptiles and birds. I am sorry that I ever made them." (Gen.6: 7)

So now your quoting parts from other books in the old testament that clearly shows God has a FAVORITE race of people? Books written throughout time by the Hebrews themselves! For all we know, they Hebrews probably got a little to envious of themselves throughout time while writing those books. personally i think after Genesis, the rest written by these other Hebrews are nothing but showboating.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
you forgot to add that most of those people getting raped and tortured to death are also going to burn in hellfire for eternity. Praise the lord, for he is a kind and just lord.

Yes this is true. But if you failed to realize, they too can go to heaven if they just repent for there sins.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

I wish I could understand, but those of us without Jesus, we are just heartless robots.. so tragic that I can't love and experience love, kindness or generosity. It's one or the other right? Jesus & living with the heart, or Atheist & living in blackness of the mind? I live with my heart and I am responsible for it, not an imaginary deity, not a book ME. You could do it too bud, without needing a group to belong to. Believe in yourself because if there was a god that is what he would want. It is not possible for an all powerful being to want worshipers, it is only possible for an all powerful being to want individuals. It is likely too late for you but I have managed to deprogram many young ones. I reduced a bible study class on Fridays at my child's school (via positive activism) by over 70% so there is still hope.

I'm only saying you do not know the full extent of love and compassion if you deny your Father. Sure you can have love and compassion for your fellow human and I do respect you for that. However, living within your mind allows one to be objective to other people and/or their thought processes. That's not "turning the other cheek" or "loving thy neighbor". Objectivisim leads to criticism leads to judgment leads to violation of God's law.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormag

i never said god damned Noah. just Humans in general.

Are you sure!? Noah was a man in the time of Adam and Eve and Noah was he not?

If it were not for one righteous man Noah, God would have destroyed everything.

"This race of men whom I have created, I will wipe them off the face of the earth--man and beast, reptiles and birds. I am sorry that I ever made them." (Gen.6: 7)

Ah but "as the story goes" Noah received SALVATION.

So now your quoting parts from other books in the old testament that clearly shows God has a FAVORITE race of people? Books written throughout time by the Hebrews themselves! For all we know, they Hebrews probably got a little to envious of themselves throughout time while writing those books. personally i think after Genesis, the rest written by these other Hebrews are nothing but showboating.

Calling God a racist would negate what Jesus did on that cross. He died for EVERYONE. WHOSOEVER believeth, not "any jew that believes".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

i wasn't trying to say god was racist. you miss understood what i was trying to say. What i meant was it's hard to believe anything after genesis from the old testament. The whole thing revolves mostly around the hebrews like there the center of the universe.

Oh and Noah didn't receive salvation. God was gonna start everything all over. But Noah convinced him to leave the planet the way it is and spare him and those on the ark. God then gave him and everything else on board the green light to be fruitful and multiply after the oceans and seas receded. I don't remember god saying you get to got to heaven or anything like that. If you have proof please share it.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by cormag]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OP I cannot answer all of the questions you might pose. I would not try to say that I ever could. For me I struggle daily to try and live the life that I feel God wants me to live. There are many days I fail and fail rather hard. Some days I fail only a little. I understand it though that God sees all sin the same no matter if we see some as worse or not. I still feel worse after some sin than I do others.

That being said I also understand that with string faith God can intervene in a situation. I also believe and understand that even though many of us (including myself) say and want to have strong enough faith many times we fail in that same faith. We are told we could move mountains if we believe and ask. I was once asked by another Christian if I really took that literally. I told them that yes I do, but sadly I really don’t have that kind of faith. My human side says yeah I can move mountains with bulldozers for sure but a little at a time. My spiritual side knows that a simple prayer could do it but the human side gets in the way of that.

As for terrible things that can happen in a life, well I have had many. I have lived through abuse, the loss of friends, loved ones, family members, and my first born was still born. Most recently I lost the closest thing to a saint I have ever known. My grandmother died this month only days before my birthday. But I can say that if she is not in heaven as we speak then all of us are truly screwed. Out of all the pain I have seen and lived through I can say my son and grandmother are the most difficult as time as eased the other pains. But God has eased those pains, actually he eased them all but the most recent ones he eased quicker because I now believe and am Christian.
I am nothing special at least in my eyes. I have been told by some out of the blue that they see a plan for me but none tell me what it is. I am told I am getting closer as I seem to be understanding the direction better just not the job yet. I also noticed a change in that I seem to have a deeper feeling and understanding of the pain others can feel. As I said I struggle a lot with my walk. Some days are really hard for me. I often tell myself what a bad example of a Christian I am. I am thankful God is forgiving; if not for that I would be in a world of hurt.

God never said though that he would take our lives and make them fluffy kitties and cake walks though. The struggles we have in life are mainly brought on because we give the enemy (satan) a step into our lives. We might go out that day with a weakened spot in our “armor” which allows bad things to happen. Also sometimes our sin brings bad things into our lives. As with anything each choice we make has consequences. Sin can bring some rather bad consequences into our lives. We are also supposed to learn from the struggles we have, they are to help us understand something (I cannot say what it is because everyone is different). Also sometimes like unruly children we do not listen the first time, nor the second time, or even the third time, so we get the lesson over and over. Sometimes we never learn it seems.

Again I will not ever say I have all the answers but I will say I am trying to learn. I also will say that I have a great Father in God no matter what any other says. There will always be those who doubt or even hate. Some just refuse to understand the truth. This is how I see it there are many who will disagree. Some days this bothers me more than others, most of the time I just feel sorrow for them and pray that they may one day understand. Some times that sorrow is very strong and it hurts to see the pain others have (even if they do not see it), it is that pain that brings a lot of hate.

This is all I can say at this time. Sorry the post is so long. I am not sure how it grew so much.

Raist

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormag

i wasn't trying to say god was racist. you miss understood what i was trying to say. What i meant was it's hard to believe anything after genesis from the old testament. The whole thing revolves mostly around the hebrews like there the center of the universe.

Oh and Noah didn't receive salvation. God was gonna start everything all over. But Noah convinced him to leave the planet the way it is and spare him and those on the ark. God then gave him and everything else on board the green light to be fruitful and multiply after the oceans and seas receded. I don't remember god saying you get to got to heaven or anything like that. If you have proof please share it.

You are implying that somehow God is racist because the books seem to revolve around Hebrews. Let me ask you, did God assemble these books and bind them together as one?

First, let us define salvation as depicted in the Bible:

“To give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins.” Luke 1:77
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1: 13-14)

"8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9

Grace is God’s kindness and love towards those who do not deserve it at all! Faith Is the hand of the heart that receives God’s gift of salvation (Romans 6:23; John 1:12),

We see here, Grace & Faith are what is needed for salvation. Mind you, he says "gift of God" not "gift of Jesus". Also, I already covered the fact that Noah had faith. Obvioiusly the grace of God was with Him, lest he would have perished as well.

7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith. Hebrews 11:7

I ask you this...what does "heir of the reighteousness that comes by faith" mean?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
it sickens me that you chose to blame God for the actions of man. Rather than choosing to do something like maybe become a cop or something you blame God? Once man bit the fruit they gained knowledge on right and wrong and have free will. This is no ones fault but ours as a race.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

All i can say mate, is whatever created us, doesn't interfere with us. I hear about miracles all the time about how "God" saved people from cancer, and accidents, and other crazy things. I say coincidence. The ratio to the innocent people dying, to the innocent people saved is probably a million to 1. No one is saved by anything, they just have pure luck. Children die everyday from horrible inncodents. They clearly don't deserve to die.. So why would a grown man be saved from God when hes dying of cancer? It doesn't make sense. Either no one is watching over us, or whoever is watching over us doesn't care enough to interfere. OR maybe whoever is watching over us enjoys saving some people and not others, which is completely unethical. We're alone in this world my friend.. you're title also reminds me of a song..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
“Oh, give thanks to Yahweh! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!” (Psalm 105:1)

“And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of Yahweh shall be saved.” (Joel 2:32a)

“And in that day you will say: "Praise Yahweh, call upon His name; Declare His deeds among the peoples, Make mention that His name is exalted.” (Isaiah 12:4)

“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

“Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.” (Revelation 14:1)

"We are not saying that all who are unaware of this truth are lost, but as truth seekers we must be obedient to the truth that is revealed to us. As we can see from the above scriptures (and there are hundreds more!), it really is important. We must believe what His word says, in spite of this tradition. If it didn’t matter, Yahweh would not have put His name there in the first place. This may seem confusing at first, but they were there originally and we are not about to change them.

But is it all that important that we use the true names? Scripture says yes:"

www.eliyah.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38   >>

join