It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
just seeing if this works... got my first high tech phone! thanks science lol!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh badass!

I just bought the phone today, and found out I can get internet on it, touch screen.

Sorry to the OP (me) for disrupting the thread, but wow this is so cool!

I can't believe it, i'm so techonology illiterate! but wow, I posted a post off my cell phone!

Michael Is in SHOCK!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Big deal........... I just posted this off my Etch-O-Sketch

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

A schoolgirl who acted as a “honey trap” to lure a besotted boy to his death at the hands of a masked gang was jailed for a minimum of ten years Friday, The Times of London reported.

Samantha Joseph, who was 15 at the time, led Shakilus Townsend, 16, to a group of six youths, including her boyfriend, who ambushed him, beat him with baseball bats and stabbed him six times. He bled to death crying for his mother and telling residents, who tried to stem his bleeding after the gang fled, that he did not want to die.

Amid shouts of “scum”, “shame” and “honey trap” from the public gallery in the court, Joseph, now 17, looked momentarily nervous as she was led to the cells.

The six gang members were sentenced to a total of 77 years. The gang and its leader had all denied murder but were given life sentences after being convicted following a ten-week trial.

Joseph's boyfriend, the gang's leader, had discovered that Joseph had been seeing Shakilus behind his back for about a month. He demanded she trick Shakilus into going to a quiet cul-de-sac in July last year. The boy, who had told his mother that he wanted to marry Joseph, followed her to the street where he was murdered by the gang as she looked on laughing.

www.foxnews.com...

Wow... all I can say... wow.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

That's messed up...
I just lost a little more faith in humanity.
That seems to be happening a lot lately...

Edit to add: That 'girl' should get far more than 10 years, in my book.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by TruthParadox]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

That's messed up...
I just lost a little more faith in humanity.
That seems to be happening a lot lately...

It does, I read it, and the clincher in it "As she laughed watching", thinking this girl was 17 maybe 16 since she only got convicted a year after, and just thought about, and I can see why people wish there was a heaven and a hell, because then they can get their punishment, and that boy who cried as he was dying from baseball bat injuries, and several stab wounds "I don't want to die, Mom!"

And all she did was laugh, and the other 'gang' members, who i'm curious of their ages, all thought it was pretty darn cool.

God, I wish I could meet these people, If it was me, and I was the judge, i'd of jumped out of the chair, and beat the # out of all of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This is why our psychical vehicles can deteriorate.

So we can be set free when horrible things happen to it...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Whenever someone asks 'Where is your God?!' I feel compelled to ask where have you asked Him to be? That seems odd but when society as a whole pushes Him away, denies His existence, mocks him, and turns away from His teachings, He will withdraw.

We can't say 'Get out of our world God!' and then blame Him when He does.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
What i'd like to know is.

Where is your God, where is your god when that 12 year old girl is being raped only to die afterwords for fear she'll speak out against the offender. Although 6% of rapist never see a jail cell.

Oh, and for those who are even thinking of it, if you want a real backlash, go and say it, "God works in mysterious ways''. Because that god is a sadistic (snip) (snip) (more snipping).

EXIT: your juvenile interpretation of God as a "person" outside of yourself, who's behavior is in some way manipulable by our acting 'good' or 'bad'.... in the way a 3-yr old attempts to manipulate the behavior of it's parents, by being 'good' or 'bad' then it will get what it wants from it's parents reward.. somehow child-minded believers attempt to pray to their god thinking that by praying.. they will somehow manipulate the behavior and decision making process of an external omnipotent being.

ENTER: The Amnesiatic Godhead, ... ALL experiencing ITSELF.. and swaying toward an existence of total comfort... during which.. REMEMBERING who he/she what it is/was/will be.
moving us / it.. FROM your/our/my egoistic level of willing to receive.. to inevitably becoming solely focused on the will to bestow to others.
watching god grow.. watching god become himself watching ourselves evolve into the higher realms of existence and more perfect union with the ever presence of what will be /was /is.

i think it's the ridiculous assumption that the Creator didn't MAKE that horrible thing happen to the 12 yr old.
if you doubt that we're not in one continuous field of existence and matter/energy then think again. it's all one thing... changing.
that kidnapper is part of it.
that girl is part of it.
it's god doing that to himself ... an effect of some equalizing force being exacted.

but wait.. naaaah he's really just an imaginary parent that we can manipulate by praying....
a surrogate answer to stress
the promise of goodness existing th way YOU like your goodness.
what's good for one is hell for another.
you love your cheap clothes but you don't wanna know about who suffered to make them.

it's all relative.. there's no good or bad.
the area of god that makes up the kidnapper was experiencing some sort of pleasure doing what he did.

it's sick from the majority of our perspectives.. true.. but to his perspective (still part of the ALL) .. it was good.
not justifying it.. just saying that it happened because god willed it so.
not for some mysterious airy fairy intangeable way.. but because that needed to be experienced by someone and some lesson needed to be learned from it.

and he.. being part of the all.. is god's will interacting with itself.

i love how atheists like to throw in this "well god's supposed to be super duper good (from our perspective) and since he lets bad (from our perspective) things happen... then that negates his existence absolutely.

ah the limited mind...complete with limited interpretation... victimized by beliefs and preconceptions....
...how i doth love to kick it in the teeth.

-

[edit on 10-9-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are right. Even at times i find myself thinking where is THIS God people speak of, in times of need or pain. But then i realized something. If you help people out everyday, they'll just keep asking and asking none stop and you'll obviously would help(if you are god). But if you don't help the people out eventually, they will do it them selfs and will no longer praise u. However, if you still want the people to believe in you still, you'll help out once in a while to make sure people have faith in you. In short, You can't depend on God for everything. Sometimes things have to been done by yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

But then you'll be no different from the gang members. Sure that person will suffer at the gang members hands. However, in the end they will Burn for it.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by cormag]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
god exists in the seen and unseen world.since eden
man has firmly rejected god and any advice he might have.
its a go your own way world. you want it that way.evil people
do evil things and if they are ever caught ,the law seems to
fall short of their infamy.smart people use discernment,
and avoid such situations.life/reality is tough and it doesn't
get any easier if you don't keep your eye onthe ball.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

agreed

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Whenever someone asks 'Where is your God?!' I feel compelled to ask where have you asked Him to be? That seems odd but when society as a whole pushes Him away, denies His existence, mocks him, and turns away from His teachings, He will withdraw.

We can't say 'Get out of our world God!' and then blame Him when He does.

I haven't read this thread in a long time because of the very long-winded posts by "God-haters" or "logical scientific thinkers that say wtf to God if he exsists cuz if he does than he's lazy or a bad person" etc and those who just want to flat-out bash "xtians" or whatever. Frankly it just makes me sick.
Why even try to discuss the topic with those who really believe nothing beyond us exsists...and they truly believe that *if* and that is a BIG *if* to them..God does exist, his whole goal for human exsistance is a "joke" yep a BAD joke to fool us all into submission, to be slaves. (I CHALLENGE anyone to check my profile and read "the origin of religion") LOL. WHAT an outlook. AHEM. I think most people denying God, not only that....God's *intentions* here REALLY believe God is a horrible entity. So in essence... quite a huge number of people here think God is *Satan*. So if God is Satan, like all these crazies think he is, then perhaps you should tremble hard knowing there is *no* hope for you because you mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme... no wait you NEVER did mean anything, not now and certainly NEVER in the grand scheme.. There are others here however, that think QUITE the contrary. If you can't accept that fact, then STOP with your obvious angry insults. Republican08 has NEVER been this way to any believer which is why i highly respect him. To the others with countless nonsense posts to try and..."evilize" christianity, or "religions" (I don't like that word, so lets say "beliefs") in general, get a new hobby.

Thank you Ashley. Star for your post. Unfortunately, many here would rather stop thinking/rationalizing the real reason for human downfalls..but rather use their anger and emotions they have about anything "Godly" and most likely pin the blame on "God" for anything and everything they get the chance to. "poor guy, too many christians tried to "bash" them into "submission" in their childhood, hence GOD causes all of humanities downfalls. They were SOOO oppressed by xtianzzz!!" It's insanely obvious that many people would rather blame him, than blame their own actions and complete lack of anything moral from the human species and the actions of this cesspool heap we live in, yep, it's GOD'S fault. Forget human responsibility. The creator of ALL things Good is to blame. Forget the actions of man, they don't mean jack. In fact, "Satan" is a myth, and so is evil and so is having the knowledge of right and wrong embedded into our conciousness at a very early age. None of that means anything, we're all pointing the finger at this Good God who created life itself. Personally, if ANY one of us were in the position to be a "Good God" ??? LOL this planet would have been destroyed WELL before Jesus and the known gospels. People think they are so smart, yet they have no idea of the amount of compassion and love and most of all PATIENCE that is instilled in our God whether you believe he exsists or not. "Even the demons know God exsist and they tremble at the thought". The issue of God exsisting or not, isn't the issue.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Wookiep]

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
"To God goes the glory" not "To God goes the spoils of man"

If there were no "evil" acts committed such as rape and murder, what would happen to free will? What would happen to salvation? Why would God undermine Himself?

For people that call themselves "logical thinkers" I don't really see your "LOGIC". Think about what you type before you type it.

Respectfully,

A2D

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Everything is the One Creator. It is not seperate.

People are looking for answers from a seperate omnipotent being, when it is within them all along.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by Wookiep

Everything is the One Creator. It is not seperate.

People are looking for answers from a seperate omnipotent being, when it is within them all along.

I respect your place wherever you are in your spiritual journey...I will say however, I've always felt this type of system is really *self-centered* and more so, quite naive. If you think, even for a minute that we are all *God* then this thread has more value than even I will/have allowed it to have. You and I are God???? If WE are *God* then we ARE doomed, period. There is no ifs ands or buts about it. A pretty gloom outlook from my perspective, but to each his own.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
"To God goes the glory" not "To God goes the spoils of man"

If there were no "evil" acts committed such as rape and murder, what would happen to free will? What would happen to salvation? Why would God undermine Himself?

For people that call themselves "logical thinkers" I don't really see your "LOGIC". Think about what you type before you type it.

Respectfully,

A2D

Well, you forget GOD, not to be confused with jesus because of some writing interpretations,offered man no salvation. Only jesus offered salvation and his father allowed it. Plus it should be noted that GOD IS NEVER WRONG!! hard to believe right?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The way God works is to effect His influence on the world through men...
...so the real question is...
...what are you doing to change the injustices you have observed?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormag

Well, you forget GOD, not to be confused with jesus because of some writing interpretations,offered man no salvation. Only jesus offered salvation and his father allowed it. Plus it should be noted that GOD IS NEVER WRONG!! hard to believe right?

What do you mean not to be confused with Jesus? Jesus was given that task by his Father. How can you say that no salvation was offered?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here's my best answer.

God is everywhere
He is right here
He's over there
He blessed the women with long hair

He knows the hour
He has the power
He is a flower
He sets the season to bring the showers

I'm never bored