It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by Republican08

The problem is they are not pushign the word of god...they are pushing the Bible.

The Bible IS the Word of God.

That you are teaching as the doctrines of men...

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Joh 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

If you see above, it was not just Judas who betrayed him up to death, but the ones that are "giving" him up to death.

Let me put this in context, being as how these words are "life". The verse before John 6:63

Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Do you understand where "the son of man" was before?
Do you understand that unless the "son of man" ascends to where he was BEFORE, that life is then done?
Do you understand why Jesus speaks in the third person when speaking about the "son of man"?

A parable of the kingdom of heaven, where "the son of man" comes from...Read closely Totakeke.

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Jesus again telling you the pre-requirement for admittance into heaven and this has nothing to do with his death, but rather his life....read close

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Become as little children. Here is what become is taken from. The original words take much more explaining then has been given to you, though this one should be self explanatory.

(Note it's root of Ghenna being "Hell", the place where "suffering" occures)

Become

G1096
γίνομαι
ginomai
ghin'-om-ahee
A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen” -erate), that is, (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literally, figuratively, intensively, etc.): - arise be assembled, be (come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, be done, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.

Here is the truth. Children are the least in the Kingdom of Heaven, but they are also the greatest because their life span is longer then yours.

Because Jesus is an action, a will, a strength that every man has the opportunity to do and greater, and NOT a single guy, but a living will, all mens blood is poured out. You do not know what you do. Some do good not knowing it, it is to these that the father is one with. He comes to those who are giving thanks for the life they have and makes peace with them.
They never even know this, because they are one.

If you would consider what peace is, if you would lay aside your understandings of what you don't know, and reflect on who you are right here and now, you would see the truth. You all see the truth because the truth sees all you.

How can you say you believe in a God of Truth, then turn from the only truth you know and can be accountable for....the life you have been given.

To give to the poor, selling all you have, these are things one chasing the son of man does. Some turn back, some plow strait through. Think of your life as a cross they have had to bear, then you will know what the cross you must bear is.

Believe in truth. Man is mortal, but the soul of man, can go on in children the son of man, generation to generation. A father to a son, and a mother to a daughter.

Know if you stop the life in you. If you put no blood forth, you are no longer brought to mind. God wipes the earth and always has a new playground.

It is the soul of you that longs to stay, having built you from the ground up.

If you would understand that the life you did nothing to receive, is free to you by seeing that you are a part of it, and not all of it and if you would see that as you were given freely by the same spirit of god which is in you, if you belong to him being of the same accord, you would so to give life freely. By this you know who is in his body and who is not.

When you are one with him, you are not compelled to search for him. He does not receive glory from men. He receives glory in action, their by making his body cohesive, the main glue...(no pun intended) is love, like that of a family....Agape.

Unless you produce children also known as "the sons of men", your name is finished upon the earth and your being blotted out of the scroll of life called the dna helix.

It says a child shall lead them and that is the truth. No children, no mankind....period.

Law will not pass away, till the last man and woman does....heaven and earth.

God, I know you will keep arguing, but as your eyes read...remember us.

Knock boots in love folks. Do the nasty, but make it special. True marriage is not paper, it is the joining of two souls to become one.

The son of man.

Peace

[edit on 26-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

couple geologists working for oxford, determined that the entire meditteranean basin was at one time a valley with populations. the atlantic ocean level raised, broke into the valley, filled it, and rushed over the opposite end into the black sea, filled it, and down into the euphrates river area etc. i'm guessing the nile river had a massive flood as well. it would've presented a waterfall into the mediterranean valley at one point, but in this scenario, the water came up to the top of the water fall and flowed into it instead.

by the time it's over with, it sounds like most of the civs by waterways, were inundated.

anyway, possible the Mediterranean valley is atlantis area?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm glad you brought that up.
9,000 years ago Atlantis was not the only civilization on Earth.
400 feet under water off the coast of Japan is another underwater
city. The Mediterranean Sea also has underwater cities.
There is junk all around the coast of Greece.
Truth be told: Earth has a hidden history.
Hint: There was life on Earth before Adam and Eve!
OMG! What??!!.............It's the truth.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

yeah, years ago i read a book by a christian scholar named finis dake, called God's Plan for Man. in it, he describes that we are currently living in the human dispensation but before we were here, the "angels" were here and is referred to as the angelic dispensation.

oddly enough, the word seraph is actually serpent in a couple places in the old testament but it's also singular for a race of angels called seraphim, so my theory is that some of the "angels" were seraph (serpents..not snakes, but upright bipedal beings that could talk). kinda fits in with the reptile history of the planet, especially the art of the old cultures and their ancient texts, including the bible.

he said that the angelic races here, became technologically advanced, went out and colonized the other planets and moons and eventually there was war. the war ended with the partial devastation of this planet, which caused an ice age, and then that's where we begin in Genesis 1..

seraphims
www.blueletterbible.org...

Result of search for "seraph":

8314 saraph saw-rawf' from 8313; burning, i.e. (figuratively) poisonous (serpent); specifically, a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

yeah, years ago i read a book by a christian scholar named finis dake, called God's Plan for Man. in it, he describes that we are currently living in the human dispensation but before we were here, the "angels" were here and is referred to as the angelic dispensation.

oddly enough, the word seraph is actually serpent in a couple places in the old testament but it's also singular for a race of angels called seraphim, so my theory is that some of the "angels" were seraph (serpents..not snakes, but upright bipedal beings that could talk). kinda fits in with the reptile history of the planet, especially the art of the old cultures and their ancient texts, including the bible.

he said that the angelic races here, became technologically advanced, went out and colonized the other planets and moons and eventually there was war. the war ended with the partial devastation of this planet, which caused an ice age, and then that's where we begin in Genesis 1..

seraphims
www.blueletterbible.org...

Result of search for "seraph":

8314 saraph saw-rawf' from 8313; burning, i.e. (figuratively) poisonous (serpent); specifically, a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by undo]

A few other words that you might recognize to explain what a Saraphim is all having their root in Seraphim.

Sarcophagus means "Burning Flesh".

You will recognize this from Egypt as well as it's "fiery serpent" which is Golden Serpent. This is said in the bible to be what breaks forth from anyone eating the "eggs" of death.

It is said because of the Limestone Vaults that the bodies were stored in. Lime stone, having Lye in it, would break down the flesh very quickly. Odd they would mummify their dead only to put them into a container that would speed the breakdown of the tissue don't you think?

Remember, Spiritually called Egypt, meaning "Said egypt" is where your savior is crucified. The three "Crosses" still sit there to this day as a testament and Ark of God.

The Firstborn died there.

And know I'm not being Sarcastic....another root of Seraphim.

Anyone who has seen a Ghost, has seen a Seraphim

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
can i nicely ask, who cares for the root of seraphim? What are you trying to get at? That is is all linked with other words and so on? I thought that would be obvious, its part of language.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

You have an all-knowing, all-loving, all powerful God. He make a man, then doesnt know that the man wants to bed a cow, so clones the opposite sex from his rib....wierd, why not just make her?

I said I'd answer this, so here's the answer.

Mark 10:7-8 KJV

7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Genesis 2:24 KJV

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

seraphim could be either serpents or 6 winged majestic beings who look like humans with a few notable exceptions. so i'm going with the idea that one race was reptilian and the other avian. and that together, they were related by ancestry, and collectively called "angels" in the biblical texts. so there's 2 angelic races. there are more.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
people always forget that the angels were created before we were. dake claims in his book i mentioned earlier, that they had a time of testing, to see how they would fit into God's government, which apparently spans the universe (that's alot of "angelic races" since any creation before us, capable of coming to our planet from elsewhere in the universe is ostensibly "angelic" or as people are more prone to say today "extra-terrestrial.") the dividing line appears to be HOW they manage to do this and if that means is exclusive.

The other differentiation is arguably, whether heaven can be defined as more than just sky and starry firmament. if heaven is also other dimensional, we add another layer of complexity to the story.

carl sagan's description of the 4th dimension seems to suggest that we could be standing in the middle of heaven and not even realize it because our homo sapian eyes are incapable of seeing it in much the same way that a person from a 2d world would have trouble viewing or understanding UP and DOWN.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Dude, when your not going off on your episodes of poetry, I enjoy reading what you have to say.

What do think of the possibility of the proto jews being none other than the evicted remnants of the monotheistic cult of Akhetaten ?

Do you have an opinion of the claim that the description of the Ark of the covenant , bares a very close resemblance to a capacitor in it's material build and strange function ?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

That still doesnt answer the question, surely an all loving god would just MAKE a woman, so that the man can "leave his mother and father and become one flesh with a woman...cleave her." or whatever it said.

WHY TAKE A RIB ?

Look, you are just quoting from a book written and edited by men. Philosophers. Why does you quoting from it prove it anymore? It is not the word of god.

If it is, please click HERE

I would rather view it as i see it from me, not read what someone else thinks and take their perception as my own. I will analyse, logically question then accept their for its merits and discredit it for its flaws. Then encorporate the hidden truths (from any religion) into my world view.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

That still doesnt answer the question, surely an all loving god would just MAKE a woman, so that the man can "leave his mother and father and become one flesh with a woman...cleave her." or whatever it said.

Like I said, it's because when they marry they become one flesh. Yes, God could have made Eve from dust, just like He did with Adam, but He didn't, and the verses I posted before explain why.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
So lately, i've been having some sympathy for theists, and 'almost' kind of seeing what they see, empathizing and what have you. Maybe feeling like there is possibly something out there.

Then today came along, and knocked me out of my terrible trance.

You have a presupposition already set. That being that your "empathizing" was, to you, a "terrible trance". In other words it was always there, "it" being your thought that "theists" (theism in general) is, at least for you, illogical.

I can say that right now a girl is being raped by a sick pervert. And probably be right. And probably could dare say that there are 10 girls being raped by a sick pervert right now, and still probably be right.

I can also say that right now, a father is beating his son, only to make him take a 'Ice Bath'. And be right again, talking about this very moment your reading this at any given time.

A 12 year old girl (I can even go for distinction) is being molested by her father. RIGHT NOW.

Somewhere in the World be it Arizona (the capital kidnapping of the world) or Guantanamo, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, the list goes on, and could be all at once. Somewhere is being beat to death mercislessly

I can equally state that somewhere a person is helping another person out of a burning building. A person is inventing something to save lives after their loved one died in a crash or violent crime. A person somewhere is giving a homless person a meal, perhaps a place to sleep or new clothes. If you argue "Where is God" when you list horrible atrocities and by them feel justified in your stance then perhaps likewise I am just as justified if I cite all the good that people do.

How often do you see good and exclaim, "Wow, look there is God!" ?? I would venture to say never yet you look at the negative in the world and blame it on God or on those who are Believers. Do you not find that a double standard?

Your own statement was..........

I for one, can't find him anywhere.

"IF" we wish to talk about the God found within Scripture then we (people) never "find God" but rather God calls us. No one ever wakes up and says......"Today looks like a great day to search for God!"

A girl walking home from school, could easily be raped by a few young men, than have her jaw broken, only to be found dead. Reason only, for wanting to be ganglike.

These atrocities, are near everyday, once a year, to always happening at this very moment.

And all you Religious people, wake up with this (snip)ing smile on your petty souls. Praying to God, thanking him for being a loving and kind god.

It was almost religious the thoughts I had started thinking of.

I see people everyday with the happiest smiles on, and ask them why are they so happy.

They almost always reply, "Today is a good day". or "Because I know God".

And I think, these morons, (sorry for the barbs, pretty upset ATM) just aren't looking around the world.

What i'd like to know is.

Where is your God, where is your god when that 12 year old girl is being raped only to die afterwords for fear she'll speak out against the offender. Although 6% of rapist never see a jail cell.

There is evil in the world, no doubt. So what are YOU doing about it? How many raped girls have you helped? How many times do you volunteer at the homeless shelters?

A girl walks home and she is harrassed by some guys but a person comes by and helps her out, that's evidence of God, correct? If you disagree then why is it that if the boys had beaten, robbed or raped the girl evidence that there is no God?

Lastly, the word "moron" describes a non-believer hence un-believers are actually the "morons".

Thank you for a thought invoking thread, I enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by Totakeke

WHY TAKE A RIB ?

Look, you are just quoting from a book written and edited by men. Philosophers. Why does you quoting from it prove it anymore? It is not the word of god.

If it is, please click HERE

I would rather view it as i see it from me, not read what someone else thinks and take their perception as my own. I will analyse, logically question then accept their for its merits and discredit it for its flaws. Then encorporate the hidden truths (from any religion) into my world view.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Toughiv]

First, is it said that a "rib" was taken literally? I believe the better description would be "scoop of flesh".

Secondly, the reason it was flesh from the side of man was so that the women would be a help mate. Not to walk in front or behind but rather at "the side" of man. This is why it states that a man and women shall become one (echad) flesh.

Thirdly, how is it you know for a fact the Scriptures are made up by mere men, philosophers? You are obviously privy to some type of information no one else is or have you just read other books that state the Scriptures are in fact, "not the word of god"? If yes then how is it you believe those words to be true, are they not mere men and philosophers? You have contradicted yourself by stating that you would rather view it as you see it and not read what someone else thinks and take their perception as your own, correct? Yet you hold to truths those that claim the Scriptures to be untrue? Have you disected and read all their books just as you have all the books of Scripture to come to the conclusion that it must be a fraud?

Lastly, please expound on "hidden truths"? How is it they are "hidden" if you know what they are? How is it that you alone have this insight?

Thank you

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Although I consider myself agnostic on the God issue, I think I am becoming more and more an Atheist as the days pass. It just seems harder and harder to believe that an omnipotent and omniscient God could allow the world to get to the state it is in at the moment.

There are just too many contradictions and inconsistencies. God gave us free will, even though he WOULD have known beforehand that this would lead to the death and suffering of many - mostly innocent - people? God does not intervene to stop evil men because he wants to reserve judgement for people in the afterlife? God wants us to be tested and challenged in this life so we can appreciate the rewards to come in the next life?

If God was truly benevolent, loving, omniscient, omnipotent and omni couldn't he just end all suffering and evil and give everyone eternal happiness, compassion and prosperity?

I am willing to accept that God does indeed exist but many of us have been mislead by religion and our idea of a deity. Also, I find it very strange that the worst of situations often bring out the best in people. (These two concepts prevent me from being an Atheist I suppose
).

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

Thanks for the foe.

I was a bit surprised, but also Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I'm not a 100% Atheist, in the same respect, someone can't be 100% religious.

Atheist-Agnostic. Just to make everyone semantically happy.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes i'm aware of his dimensions video, but I can't understand that when someone dies, a hidden part that is completely separated from the body and brain, move up one level or 6.

Word on the street yo, 2012 Dec 21, the Universe moves up a dimension, or something like that effect.

It's a neat topic, but is The third dimension the only one habitable, I couldn't imagine a flatlander actually being... well real.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Although I consider myself agnostic on the God issue, I think I am becoming more and more an Atheist as the days pass. It just seems harder and harder to believe that an omnipotent and omniscient God could allow the world to get to the state it is in at the moment.

Define "agnostic"? If you mean you can't "know" anything of God then how is it you "know" that? It's contradictory don't you think?

If you mean you're "skeptical" how skeptical are you then of skepticism?

Also who said that God has allowed the world to get in the shape it's in right now? Have you given any deep thought to the other side of this coin in that *IF* there is no God who do you then blame for the worls condition? Do you blame man and his own evil heart, wants and desires? Who else is there to blame?

There are just too many contradictions and inconsistencies. God gave us free will, even though he WOULD have known beforehand that this would lead to the death and suffering of many - mostly innocent - people? God does not intervene to stop evil men because he wants to reserve judgement for people in the afterlife? God wants us to be tested and challenged in this life so we can appreciate the rewards to come in the next life?

Being a skeptic and/or an agnostic is also a contradiction. May I ask where do the Scriptures state that God gave man "free will"?

Also, for being an agnostic you sure seem to know a lot about God!

If God was truly benevolent, loving, omniscient, omnipotent and omni couldn't he just end all suffering and evil and give everyone eternal happiness, compassion and prosperity?

I am willing to accept that God does indeed exist but many of us have been mislead by religion and our idea of a deity. Also, I find it very strange that the worst of situations often bring out the best in people. (These two concepts prevent me from being an Atheist I suppose
).

[edit on 27/8/2009 by Dark Ghost]

Yes God is able to do away with all evil. This though would include you and I and everyone else.

How do you know we have been "mislead by religion and our idea of a deity"? Have you given any thought that perhaps you've been mislead and now post misinformation about God on forums thus continuing the misinformation? How is it that you "know" these things to be so?

You are correct though in the thought that evil brings about a greater good. Interesting how that is, I agree.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by TangoVooDoo

Thanks for the foe.

I was a bit surprised, but also Welcome to ATS.

Thanks for the welcome

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join