It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
The reason why people are beating and molesting children is the same reason why people lie, steal, commit adultery, and kill: because of sin. Sin is breaking God's laws and has been going on since the beginning of creation. Under God's laws, sin is punishable by an eternity because God, a perfect and holy God, cannot tolerate sin. (God exists outside of time and while our sins on Earth seem finite, they're infinite to God.)

But the good news is that God provided a way out. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to Earth to die on the cross to pay the price for mankind's sins. All one has to do is believe this, that Christ came and died for us, and repent of their sin and they will have everlasting life.

Out of 3 different generations of a family line, Grandparents, Parents and Children, who is the head of the family?

A. Grandparents numbering 4 (wisest)
B. Parents numbering 2 (strongest)
C. Children numbering 1 (could be more but were only counting the Firstborn who is the Heir apparent) (Vitalist)

Out of these 7, who is the head of the family, the Don if you will....Kapeash?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That was the funniest video I've ever seen

Again, Moses means "Drawn out".....I find it absolutely exacting, a generation calling Moses, not even knowing the club they had joined M-I-C K-E-Y MO-US-E. And you thought priests were in churches.....

Yall got your ears on, Come back now, breaker breaker. Enki Moshie

"You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the whole wheel of cheese"
"Mad, how could I be mad, I'm actually impressed"
"Baxter, You're like a miniature buddah all covered with hair"....Anchorman

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

guy from aerosmith sings amazing grace. you don't want to miss this.

i'm well practiced at the language of music and metaphor!
i can rhyme too but you don't want me to go there.

anyway, if steven tyler can sing amazing grace, so can i. (doesn't mean anyone has to like it, however

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh the God question.. Anyone who likes a no-nonsense approach to this question could have a look over here:

zenbitchslap.com...

I find it thoroughly enjoyable to listen to this guy speak.. and insightful too!

www.viddler.com...

And here's Leonard Jacobson answering the question: Who or What is God?

Enjoy!

[edit on 22-8-2009 by payt69]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo....thank you!!

Dream on is one of the first songs that I remember truly moving me so Mr. Tyler will always get a little favoritism from me, but that lady....Hot damn.

I'd be honored to hear a rhyme, a limerick, or scat, no doubt in my soul you'd be sharp as a tack....

Thanks again for doing Gods business, the truth of the matter, has no truth without witness.

You got one, we make up two, and in our midst is you know who....

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

I'm a Christian that believes that Christ came to Earth to die for my sins.

1) Why do you believe this ?

2) What evidence do you have of the event ?

3) Do accept that jesus, yahwhe, eloi, el shaddai , adonay ar one and the same being ?

4) Is it your beliefs that the bibles are (a) Literal truth and free of error or contradiction or (b) Symbolic ?

5) Do you believe the Talpiot tomb containing the ossuary of one Jesus son of Joseph is the same jesus as you worship ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Again, Moses means "Drawn out".....

Freud says ‘the Biblical interpretation of the name “he that was drawn out of the water” is folk etymology. The active Hebrew form itself of the name “Mosche” can at best mean only ”the drawer out” and cannot be reconciled with this solution.’

I personally am more inclined to take the view of Osman in that Moses was derived from the title Mose'

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I believe this because, well, I just do. I just have faith that Jesus died for my sins.

I, personally, have none; I'm saved through faith.

3) Do accept that jesus, yahwhe, eloi, el shaddai , adonay ar one and the same being ?

I'm not familiar with most of Christ's names. This website, though, seems to list all of those people as the same Jesus. ldolphin.org...

4) Is it your beliefs that the bibles are (a) Literal truth and free of error or contradiction or (b) Symbolic ?
s?

The Bible is a literal truth and is free of error and contradiction.

5) Do you believe the Talpiot tomb containing the ossuary of one Jesus son of Joseph is the same jesus as you worship ?

I'm honestly not sure. I've never heard/read about the specifics of Jesus' tomb.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Can't prove it either way and any evidences we might bring up to support our conclusions are going to be backed up by other scholars and more scholars and yet more scholars, none of which were actually there....

Indeed, and this would seem to sum up the situation with the alleged witnesses of the crucifixion.

How does that song go, that the pastors sing when passing around the collection boxes on a Sunday -- ?

"Oh there's no business like no witness, there's no business I know --- "

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

where's my God?
i can hear Him in that song, can't you?

and here

and here
www.youtube.com...

and here too.
www.youtube.com...

think i need my ears examined?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

just for you.
turn up the volume

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I believe this because, well, I just do. I just have faith that Jesus died for my sins.

So you woke up one morning and decided to believe what someone had told you without checking the veracity of the claims ?

I, personally, have none; I'm saved through faith.

So, do you believe all stories that you read or hear without requiring any evidence of their reality ?

3) Do you accept that jesus, yahwhe, eloi, el shaddai , adonay ar one and the same being ?

I'm not familiar with most of Christ's names. This website, though, seems to list all of those people as the same Jesus. ldolphin.org...

Why not ? have you not read any of the bibles ? There's no need for a web site you could just pick up a hebrew bible translation and have a look.

s?

The Bible is a literal truth and is free of error and contradiction.

How exactly would you know this? You just stated you don't require evidence implying that you have not made any effort to find out whether there are any errors or contradictions in the bibles.

Please explain these -

16) Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain

So an evil spirit came from God, how is this possible if god is good ?

1 Samuel 16:14-23 14But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. 15And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. 16Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.

I'm honestly not sure. I've never heard/read about the specifics of Jesus' tomb.

How can you be unsure about something you've never been aware of ?

Even so, given that this is probably the tomb of your god are you not in the least a little curious ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Touche' / 2 lines of larf

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

i love that movie.

whee, made someone happy. didn't require money, sex or drugs. this is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not even going to bother with a rebuttal; you won't believe me. You know what Christ did for you and it's up to you to either accept it or reject it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
totake,

jesus told YOU
to test all spirits if they were from god
your god is one (leviticus, isaiah, and the gospels)
do you know that ?

so a spirit is from god, if it talks from "god is one", love

"one" is another name for everything ? right ? or not right ?
yes, one means everything, there is nothing outside god
that is your bible that you declared for true, i also think
the bible is true, but i also think you do not understand your own bible yet.

so test your own spirit , if your spirit, you, is from god
are you talking from one ?
or are you judging One ?
You say accept jesus or you will not go to heaven,
so you think he (mocoowman) will not go to heaven because he
doesn't accept jesus ?

god is one, so he (mocoowman) is one with god ? right ? or not ?
if not, is god then one ? everything ? or not ?

so you think god doesnt get saved ? god does not go to heaven ?
god is one, you say to god,
if you do not accept
jesus, you go to hell ?

think about it.

god said he does not accuse himself
One does not accuse One

[edit on 22-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

[edit on 22-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

so you think he (mocoowman) will not go to heaven because he doesn't accept jesus ?

Nice post I like your style may not agree with it but I like it,right now that is, maybe not so later.

How is it possible (in the paradigm of the gospels) for me not to go to heaven ? According to the character of jesus, heaven is already here,so there would seem to be no where to go but everything to be.
I may change my mind about that idea later, cool not having beliefs it allows me to change my mind when I choose.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm not even going to bother with a rebuttal; you won't believe me.

That's a ridiculous excuse for not answering the questions I asked, think about it for a while. You believe the contents of some books without ever having to read them, you may choose to cherry pick parts of them but it's not necessary as you have made it clear you require no evidence for your belief.

You know what Christ did for you

No I do not, like you I wasn't there at the time he is alleged to have hung out, you may choose to believe a story that you heard but unlike you I require evidence.

You fail to provide evidence of the veracity of your claim so one can only assume you suffer from delusion.

My friend I'll try this analogy - The person that told you that you're drop dead gorgeous is the same dude that told you the earth is flat.

Face your fears, he may not have been wrong or a liar about both, you have nothing to lose except being wrong and we can all be wrong, if you can wrap your swede around that.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i love that movie.

whee, made someone happy. didn't require money, sex or drugs. this is a good thing.

I was already happy you just let me taste a different flavor, see how we can all get along when we find commonality ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

I'm a Christian that believes that Christ came to Earth to die for my sins.

1. Because we are alive.

2. See above

3. The last in line is the highest above, but not in the sky, over inside your head, a halo effect of seeing through red. Without red, you wouldn't see blue, no true and no false, no action in due. Like bullys like fights, like black light brightens whites, matters what mothers our time, and giving mind, mind you, time's not before or behind you, God is all that time did incline.

4. It's literally a contradiction, but only of terms, when you see from all sides there is only one word. Interpretation is what makes all unique, as is the head, so are the feet.

5. Worship, means "press into" so Levi the cowboy which is shepard, makes a cut and a fit, but at the end of the day Levi's go by the way, jesus transends jorden being baptised because it's important, before he rests into the tomb, and given 9 holies, is days flooded one fifty is 40 weeks tempting to abort by the shifty, and all of these times are the same, still with me?

New founded peaceful, said jerusalem by people, comes down passing stirrups and in so turning the strangers away, to be called by a name of which you're not ashamed and only you know how to say. Others could guess, but a guess is at best a gamble many are tempting to play.
They don't see the hand that's forming a man, nor comprehend even their day. This has been done to be many from one, it's lonely with no one to play.....these bad and these good make interesting woods is what Geppeto did say, then crafting a boy, strung him like a toy, in a toy shop, hung from a cross, raised from a virgin not knowing man yet, he called it a marionette. When he had his strings, who has been pinned anki, oh clipped he had to admit "I've got no strings on me", but lied a little and a little got bigger, lies always grow in skin just like a jigger, ask truth of who nose a branch that still grows will give it a way free of charge. Freely received, so to give, there is no life outside of this, live...

The sale of salvation, at any price is occasion, for a counterfeiter of the same cut as you, though the quality at first, is not easy to see, it becomes apparent forking over money for something you had already received free.

Let Maynard tell you....

Threw you the obvious
And you flew with it on your back
A name in your recollection
Down among a million same

Difficult not to feel a little bit
Disappointed and passed over
When I look right through,
See you naked but oblivious

And you don't see me

But I threw you the obvious
Just to see if there's more behind the
Eyes of a fallen angel,
Eyes of a tragedy

Here I am expecting just a little bit
Too much from the wounded
But I see, see through it all
See through, see you

'Cause I threw you the obvious
To see what occurs behind the
Eyes of a fallen angel,
Eyes of a tragedy

Oh well, oh well
Apparently nothing,
Apparently nothing at all

You don't, you don't
You don't see me

You don't, you don't
You don't see me

You don't, you don't
You don't see me

You don't, you don't
You don't see me

You don't see me

You don't, you don't
You don't see me at all.......

Three Libras from a perfect circle

In short....

the dark side exists, it's the balance kid
that is left to you, God knows good and evil too
he creates the dark, and forms the light
he rapes and kills and he does what's right

The majority make up the rules, neither is loving or cruel
we just are what we are, a freak show...who wants to get freaky?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join