It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
I'm 100% confident that that I have 100%proof that there is not 100% proof of the reality of yahweh jesus being a deity.

100% confidence isn't 100% proof of anything. Even as a believer in God, I have no issues with admitting that. Something you can't and will never be able to do.

You can't stand admitting you might be wrong. That idea alone freaks you out.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I don't usually bother arguing about stupid stuff like this anyway because I don't feel the need to force my beliefs on others. I find something better to do with my time instead of wasting my life away arguing something I can't prove. Seriously, think about how much time in a single day you sit on here and do this or when you do it offline face to face with someone. You could be doing something that is actually useful.

Actually one more thing to comment on:

The exodus does indeed depict a group of people leaving enmasse but again I have to point out that there is simply no evidence whatsoever for this exodus

You have no idea how wrong you are

[edit on 21-8-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's not like there are footnotes that say "oh wait a second...not a literal rule or story here, just some underlying message".

No - people come to these conclusions themselves.
Which is why a millennium ago we all took the entire thing literally.
As we have progressed, though, it becomes shockingly clear alot of that nonsense didn't - and couldn't have - happened.
So all of a sudden we have to make excuses as to why claims that are made are not validated..."AHH that must be it - it's not a literal message this time".

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You just can't think about it. Bad things are always happening. Rape, murder, and assault is always happening. Thinking about it won't help, even trying to prevent it does next to nothing. You can't stop it from happening

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Yo my man makinho21, i'm jumping to your street.

I know you think I am a thumper, but I'm really just a bambi so take what I say lightly and literally.

The God of the bible is an action, not a being, but an action that is being.

"I am that I am", the action, not the plan. Action is the plan, the mud on our hands, what monkeys toss man to show them how they feel. There is no other way to get an eye for an eye except to gouge that sucker out, the price pirates pay. Reflecting won't do it it's only for gaze. Primped puffed and pritty, sundays best will be just as s#itty, monkies talk about god see below.

The building of the building, blood read out so chilling why ignore it is blue in our print. What's more important, imp or tent, can't trust in God without a mint. The house or those housed, the field or the cows, inside or out, the rain or the clouds? To form is an action, religions won't allow.

You see, people want to see God, but no man has ever seen God, only words likeness, not him/her/it...none of those apply. Those are nouns, but the God of the bible has never been a person place or thing, children know this that's why their giggling.

God is verbose, full of words and sound which is really slowed down light, and material is really slowed down sound. Everything starts with breath, the whirlwind, in and out, then breath passes over reeds and whistles. The reeds draw out the tone. Suf Moshe Aum...only broken things whistle, so those not broken, go the way of the slippery stone.

IN MY NAME....We've all taken it in vein.

It's the vain for the needle, the dung pushing beetle, making it an image to be worshiped as A man...(singular) can I get an A men Ra Whore us?
Who is the host of this party anyway? Can we get some more Whore dervs....please? oh yeah and a mountian of olives....love olives oil, I'll split that mountian for a boy or a gurl.

gugugugugug Where's me spinach?

Wow...it's late and I'm delirious.

Peace friend

[edit on 22-8-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

so yeah, there's evidence of an exodus of a group of people named the hyskos, who took over, were unpopular, were beaten and eventually driven from the land. whatdya wanna bet that's the israelites? the interesting thing is, this supposedly happened during the life of moses.

There would appear to be some question and debate over the ethnicity Hyskos kings but nevertheless, the distruction of Akhetaten did take place in the reign of the Pharaoh Ay (the Divine father of egypt) 1322 -1319.

There is plenty of room here for Hyskos influence to continue at Tell El Armana, we have to bear in mind at all times that the bibles in no way mention the name of their alleged pharaoh.

However the the Hebrew scribes did indicate that this particular pharaoh did not know Joseph, and as we know the hyskos attire was quite well known leading to the question of was did the Pharaoh in question have Hyskos affiliation or blood ?

We cannot truly allude to anything occuring during the life of Moses as outside of the bibles there is no evidence of this character existing.

However, the egyptian title "Mose" cannot be ignored and there were a few candidates whos' Pharaohnic name included this title.

seems also interesting that the pharaoh at the time was ahmose the first.

We seem to be hanging around the same yard here, as an atheist it matter not to me where the fragmentary evidence leads.

the israelites were not monotheists, i've already pointed out this interesting piece of information as well. a monotheist believes no other gods exist except their god. this is not true of the early hebrews. they knew other gods existed, they just didn't believe the other gods were as powerful as their god. their god was THE god, the head cheese, the big kahuna. the lord of the command.

I am not trying to argue this point, but merely observe the similarity between these "Proto Israelites" and the Monotheistic cult of Ahetaten which came to power slap bang in the middle as it where of a Polytheistic empire.

Bearing in mind the conflict between the Pharaoh Akhenaten the inventor of Monotheism and the traditionalists that would be reeling over the usurping of the old gods one cannot ignore the similarities.

Any exodus from Armana would no doubt include many Asiatics and this would surely cover any Hyskos influence you suggest.

The remnant cult of the Aten fits neatly into the exodus story, a group of people of wealth and influence insistent on worshiping the new "One true god" being evicted from the capital heading to Cannan.

During difficult times, no doubt some would choose to revert to polytheism "the old ways" rejecting the new god. One of their old gods just happening to be Hathor that is depicted as bovine surely explaining the incident with Aaron and the golden calf.

This to me is an intriguing and exiting avenue of investigation in relation to the sudden appearance of Yahweh and the proto jews.

To my mind there are far to many similarities and coincidences between the exodus of Akenaten, and that of the mythical Moses.

For me our starting point must always be the fact there were "Never" 2 million Hebrew slaves "possessors of gold and treasure" in egypt!

The bibles alleged that 600000 of these Israelite were fighting men, 6000000 armed slaves !

Clearly the bible scribes are lying or are hiding their true origin and affiliations, their later Captivity in Babylon, enemy of Egypt would be a very good reason to hide your Egyptian/Atenian affiliations.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That was the funniest video I've ever seen

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Actually one more thing to comment on:

The exodus does indeed depict a group of people leaving enmasse but again I have to point out that there is simply no evidence whatsoever for this exodus

You have no idea how wrong you are

Please provide the evidence

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

hey moocow i'm a christian and i want your bod.
deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thousands of years ago, before science, man got curious about thunder storms and volcanic eruptions e.c.t and because they couldn't explain these happenings they invented God as an explanation. Of course now we know better............

The only 'god' is nature but you know what I think? I think if believing in God brings you comfort then go ahead and fill your boots.....just don't try to push your beliefs onto anyone else.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
Thousands of years ago, before science, man got curious about thunder storms and volcanic eruptions e.c.t and because they couldn't explain these happenings they invented God as an explanation. Of course now we know better............

The only 'god' is nature but you know what I think? I think if believing in God brings you comfort then go ahead and fill your boots.....just don't try to push your beliefs onto anyone else.

Actually we don't know better, now we believe the universe is a hologram WTF. You think that is better lol

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

hey moocow i'm a christian and i want your bod.
deny ignorance.

Duh ? Are you a gay xtian that want's my bod without ever setting eyes on me ? I'm flattered but haven't decided to experiment with homosexuality yet, though I'll keep you posted should I decide to.

Yes indeed, I agree that one should deny ignorance which obviously includes the ignorance of believing the tales of bronze age mythological gods without ever requiring evidence of their historicity.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The reason why people are beating and molesting children is the same reason why people lie, steal, commit adultery, and kill: because of sin. Sin is breaking God's laws and has been going on since the beginning of creation. Under God's laws, sin is punishable by an eternity because God, a perfect and holy God, cannot tolerate sin. (God exists outside of time and while our sins on Earth seem finite, they're infinite to God.)

But the good news is that God provided a way out. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to Earth to die on the cross to pay the price for mankind's sins. All one has to do is believe this, that Christ came and died for us, and repent of their sin and they will have everlasting life.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

But the good news is that God provided a way out. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to Earth to die on the cross to pay the price for mankind's sins. All one has to do is believe this, that Christ came and died for us, and repent of their sin and they will have everlasting life.

Well hi dude, clearly then as was discussed earlier on this thread Hitler could well be sitting on the right hand of god as we speak if what you claim is true.

I forgot to ask before, what type of xtian you are , ar you a true xtian or one of the other types ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Well if you prefer to see it that way, not much I can do to convince you otherwise. In the meantime, good scholarship is just as important when researching biblical texts as in any other scholarly endeavor. You must ask yourself why this particular subject doesn't attract the level of scholarship necessary to give it a legitimate review, while simultaneously attracting criticism based on half the information. To me, it seems like an easy solution for those who have no intention of actually giving it the kind of scholarship they would give to a 2 paragraph news article.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Well hi dude, clearly then as was discussed earlier on this thread Hitler could well be sitting on the right hand of god as we speak if what you claim is true.

Hello.
I don't know if Hitler is in Heaven right now. The only way that could happen is if he accepted Christ and repented. That he took his own life doesn't seem like the Holy Spirit dwelt within him. But I don't know, only God can judge people's hearts.

I forgot to ask before, what type of xtian you are , ar you a true xtian or one of the other types ?

I'm a Christian that believes that Christ came to Earth to die for my sins.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

As regards the "appearance" and nationality of the pharaohs. I did a study once of the various statuary of the pharaohs, after reading a document from an egyptologist about the tradition of intermarriage between royals of other nations with egyptian royals for political purposes. What I found was that the pharaohs have been of nearly every race, including africans, semites, orientals, europeans and indians. Political marriage was no stranger to Egypt and to leave out only israelis from that practice seems more than a little unlikely, particularly considering the earliest dynasty appears to have been established in a city of mesopotamians in Abydos, Egypt.

I'm done with this topic. Been nice talkin' to ya and with ya, and now i'm off to do something else, cause it truly is useless arguing about something of that nature. Can't prove it either way and any evidences we might bring up to support our conclusions are going to be backed up by other scholars and more scholars and yet more scholars, none of which were actually there....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER.

THE Main Topic is: Where is your god When:

Children are raped, molested.

Tortured, and Killed.

When all and all Is bad at it's worst, where is your god for them.

JUST THOUGHT IT NEEDED IT.

400 posts in c'mon a reminder is needed.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is so much pain and suffering in the world and people always say "how can God sit by and let this happen." It isn't God, it is us, humans, doing vile and detestable things to one another. This is a Free-Will argument. Every man, woman, or child has ability to discern what will cause pain to their fellow member of mankind. People do bad things to others and this is our play ground. I think of God as being an administrator and he ensures that the lights are on everyday, the water flows, there is air to breath, ect., ect. We all have a choice to make in the things we do and they are free of God's influence in most cases. I think it is a cop out to blame Satan for the ills of the world and it negates from the true gift to humanity and that is a free-thinking mind.

The only one to blame is mankind itself for the ills of the world not a Supreme Deity or an illusive trickster. Now if a comet strikes the earth or Yellow Stone pops off then maybe we can ask where God is? However, when a rapist commits a heinous act against a defenseless person or a murder takes a life we can look no further than our fellow man for that and ask where is the compassion of mankind? In other words, with our freedom their is consequences some good and some bad, but the world is ours for the time being and we have free reign.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Seriously...this needs to be answered.

(click to open player in new window)

Reality Bites, but it can suck and nibble too...

Peace....

"Use the force"....Jamiriqui

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join