It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by romanmel

I don't know, if you detest me, or what lol, from the reply on my comment box?

Nonetheless, you speak alot of responsibility have you seen this.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I don't detest you. I don;t know why you care. You have made your choices. So, what's your point? Reject God and move on with your life. Why devote so much of your time debunking what you don'i believe in. Unlike many, I don't feel compelled to "save" you. You have chose to reject God and God obviously decided you are not one of His choosen. So that is that. Move on and have a nice day!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by romanmel]

what?

I'm not really spending time as much as debunking, although that too. But just looking for any reason, rationality or understanding of the subject.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Genuine answers for genuine people. This is where we see that there are 2 sides here, both opposite in their stance, but both genuine in their stance.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Is heaven one Giant Zoloft?

hehehe

the concepts of pain and pleasure are tied to the centers of the brain responsible for such sensations. in the absence of those centers and considering the words of the text, i'm assuming rather than pain or pleasure, it's just pure, unadultered, non-hormonal love. although we may associate pain or pleasure with love, the chances of a non-physical body having the same kind of "responses" seems unlikely. love, on the other hand, can be experienced in the presence or absence of reciprocation, without sensations relating to satisfaction of physical demands. it's a very big word considering it's only four letters long.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Oh, i forgot to tell you.
Truth be told, there is a devil.
Satan, Lucifer etc. He has a lot of names.
There are also demons.
They are full of hate.
They are no match for the Warrior Angels from heaven.
The demons run off when the angels arrive.
They do battle for us on the spiritual plane.
There is another book called Embraced by the Light by
Betty Eadie.
She died in a hospital , went to heaven took a look around
and was asked to return to Earth to write her book.
Of course, she said no. I'm home in heaven.
They convinced her to return.
Satan was angry that she returned and sent 5 demons
to attack her.
They were short. They looked like animals but they had human faces.
A dome of light protected her.
The devil wants us. He has many but we hold the keys into and out of
his realm.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A man knocked on the door to heaven. God said "Who's there?"
"It's me, I have been practicing my religion for 20 years."
God says, sorry, can't come in.

The same man comes back, knocks on the door. "Who's there?" God says.
"It's me, I have been practicing my religion for 40 years."
God says, sorry, can't come in.

Finally the man comes back a one last time. Knocks on the door.
"Who's there?" says God.
"It is thou."
God opens the door, gives the man a big hug.
"There was never enough room for the two of us in here".

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You must understand how hard it is to believe her story.

It runs parallel to alien abductees, Love one another, all is love, hippy type of stuff.

The stories from her followers, I read one, about sinking mud, the first one. And well it's not very convincing.

Because if Angels came down to save this man.

Why him?

I haven't seen a Arizona man being rescued by a light from Mexican Cartels (who captured the wrong guy, but hey maybe they can get money if they torture him long enough, money he doesn't have) whose having his fingers and toes cut off?

Where is his angels then?

All seems to fishy fishy.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
we all realize that everywhere there is some type of evil happening to someone.
but saying that Christians have smiles all the time because we know god is unfair.
we cannot control perverts or rapists. the best we can do is just try to live life, and pray for those who are in need. God however, has his own plans.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

hang in there.
More help is on the way.
Try to look for the big picture.
Maybe I'm the wrong messenger for you.
Maybe I have helped others who have read this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debsturrs
we all realize that everywhere there is some type of evil happening to someone.
but saying that Christians have smiles all the time because we know god is unfair.
we cannot control perverts or rapists. the best we can do is just try to live life, and pray for those who are in need. God however, has his own plans.

Why pray?

Why not action?

I do the little I do, give blood, donate to organizations from my humble salary.

And tons of other things.

If I see someone in need.

Saying dying on the floor, I'd call a hospital on the way i'm driving them to the hospital.

Not surround them and pray.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

hang in there.
More help is on the way.
Try to look for the big picture.
Maybe I'm the wrong messenger for you.
Maybe I have helped others who have read this thread.

By the way, it's Off Topic, but love the format of your posts. Very gentle on the eyes.

Maybe? But in the end, who really knows?

I see one persons miracle, undeserving at that.

I met a woman, she told me she had ran out of money, and she couldn't afford cigarettes, but a christian woman bought her cigarettes when she found out the woman had none.

She said it was a gift from god.

I had to stop and think, that is giving someone a lung cancer and body ruining substance.... really a gift?

That's a fun one to look at.

The person appreciates it, but it's like pulling the plug out a little further, and calling it a gift.

I do smoke. So I can see the perspectives too.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rken2
oozyism

What makes you think you have free will. With all the programing you have recieved since birth most of your thoughts and reactions to things are automatic responses. Only after you have removed the programing do you even start to have free will. So the game is rigged from the start. No freewill to choose therefore you fail. End of test. eternal damnation for you. Or would you like to try again. Same results I can assure you if you think this is a test. peace

If there was no programming then would there be a test? If you don't expect obstacles in a test then why bother having the test. Your point is that the test is a test therefore you are damned to fail. Is that a logical explanation to make? Read your paragraph again and tell me otherwise.

note: I never said eternal damnation, re-read my previous post. I said I don't believe in eternal damnation, I said that it was a general thought amongst religious scholars.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am not a believer, but I have some ideas. Bad things like this happen, because we as people do bad things to each other. God or any higher power has nothing to do with it. Our job as species is to use the most of what we have been given and to overcome ourselves and our flaws and evolve. It is the same thing that we should strive to do as individuals during our lifetime. For us to evolve both as species and a person, we must learn to consciously break the cycle of the human flaw. That flaw is that there is the mirage of duality, ourselves being separate from everyone else. If I feel for you and you feel for me, then we are in fact not separate, but connected, just as we are all connected as human beings. If you want something to believe, believe that we as a species and an individual are placed here to do the same thing, experience and evolve. That is the real duality of our existence, and that duality is connected.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I met a woman, she told me she had ran out of money, and she couldn't afford cigarettes, but a Christian woman bought her cigarettes when she found out the woman had none.

And if she hadn’t given her cigarettes people would have blamed the Christian woman for giving gifts with strings attached.

Very good example ---> in my opinion you‘ve hit it right on the head.

You do what you want - then you blame it on God for not intervening.

You decide to smoke - knowing it will kill you - then you raise your hand in anger to God when you beg him on repentant knees to cure you of cancer and He doesn’t do it.

That’s man in a nut shell.

We follow our own path, then moan to high heaven’s when God doesn't come and save us.

It just continually strikes me odd when people can’t see the responsibility that goes along with free will.

Too many people want both - to have freedom of will but a God that doubles as a cleaning lady who comes in and wipes up all the messes.

For me it’s simple.

I choose to believe God created the heaven’s and the Earth, life, me etc.

Now, the day I can do all that? I’ll be the first one in line to criticize God’s bigger picture.

In the mean time I have great peace knowing no matter what, a greater good will come from everything that happens.

peace

[edit on 20-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by rken2
oozyism

What makes you think you have free will. With all the programing you have recieved since birth most of your thoughts and reactions to things are automatic responses. Only after you have removed the programing do you even start to have free will. So the game is rigged from the start. No freewill to choose therefore you fail. End of test. eternal damnation for you. Or would you like to try again. Same results I can assure you if you think this is a test. peace

If there was no programming then would there be a test? If you don't expect obstacles in a test then why bother having the test. Your point is that the test is a test therefore you are damned to fail. Is that a logical explanation to make? Read your paragraph again and tell me otherwise.

note: I never said eternal damnation, re-read my previous post. I said I don't believe in eternal damnation, I said that it was a general thought amongst religious scholars.

Can I jump in oozyism?

What makes you think this is a test?

Why do we need a test?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
sorry double post.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

While I agree. Isn't this just spamming?

Unless you can propose an idea, all you are really doing is starting a position with which a support of an absent idea is supported.

Which will fail.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Can I jump in oozyism?

What makes you think this is a test?

Why do we need a test?

Yes you can.
What makes me think this is a test?

no new arguments regarding god. this life is a test if it wasn't we wouldn't have free will. Just like in an exam, ofcurse people fail, and you can say it is sad but it doesn't change the situation. You are in a test for a reason, to fail or pass. you are in this world for a reason to fail or pass. Choose wisely.

Why do we need a test?

Have you imagined the world as being a hologram? Well scientists tell us that it is very close to a hologram so might as well think of it that way. Once you have that in your mind you can say that we are in a hologram being tested for what ever purpose. This hologram could be the production of future humans or GOD I can't come to a perfect conclusion, that needs too much research which is beyond me. The idea of eternal hell, I don't believe that. I believe hell is here, this is hell, this is where we are tested to get out of this hell and live eternally outside this hologram.

The idea of eternal hell, I don't believe that. I believe hell is here, this is hell, this is where we are tested to get out of this hell and live eternally outside this hologram.

let's continue from here...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So life is a test.

And we have no idea why we're being tested, but just go ahead, and well live.

Almost like the test, is purposeless no?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

life is a test, we don't know why we are being tested so yes it is purposeless on our behalf but not on behalf of the creator.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join