It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

prove to me that zecharia sitchin wrote the sumerian cuneiform texts and we'll talk

i mean it's very clear. read ENKI AND NINMAH, a sumerian text translated by the UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD and written by real people from sumerian-akkadian timeframe. what were the humans made for according to the story of enki and ninmah? slavery my friend, slavery.
but we weren't made by enki, as sitchin suggests. in fact, the enki and ninmah text doesn't manage to get one healthy human being out of the lot. it was just a contest. they were experimenting with our forefathers. nice eh?

"blameth nat me." -- wife of bath

[edit on 19-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by romanmel

God has choices, as well. He chooses whom He will

Now that's ridiculous, how can something that is everything, not be something ?

Maybe just a bit to deep for your consideration...muddled thinking goes with denial of truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Maybe just a bit to deep for your consideration..

Try me.

I'm off to bed so will be up for some thinking tomorrow

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i mean it's very clear. read ENKI AND NINMAH,

I fully intend to, time allowing and look forward to further dicscourse on the subject.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The standards of this debate are appalling! There were more educated and intelligent postings around page 3 where I and many others left interesting and thoughtful postings.

But now this thread has turned into a joke..... does anybody realise that whilst you're discussing your fantasies NASA discovered the building blocks of life on a comet from the outer solar system, meaning that it's highly likely that life is common throughout our galaxy. This evidence based research tells you more than anyone's opinions on our existence.

At what point are people going to stop trying to make up their own form of reality, and go and read about real-life discoveries.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

when you can force everyone to have a clone of your brain.

i'm kinda partial to my own but that's just at the moment. get back to me later, if you are still in the mood to be generous with ye olde gray matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Maybe just a bit to deep for your consideration..

Try me.

I'm off to bed so will be up for some thinking tomorrow

Sleep tight! Don't forget to say your...'er never mind.
second line.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
pop quiz for anyone who is interested:

in revelation 9 it refers to someone known as APOLLYON.

anybody know who that is?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Abaddon
second line

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

k found it. well now isn't THAT interesting! and yes, i do have some small research on the subject but from a completely different direction, well not completely different.

it goes like this.
jesus is the son of god and also called the lamb of god. a lamb is a young ram.

Amen
a primeval deity worshiped esp. at Thebes, the personification of air or breath represented as either a ram or a goose

Now air (and breath) are both associated with Enlil (EL, JEHOVAH, etc). In fact, LIL means Air, Sky, Heaven. EN (LORD) of the AIR/SKY/HEAVEN.
At this point, i'm pretty much convinced that Anu (An) is just a generic word for the ELOHIYM as a group, not as a specific entity.

Here's a nice paper on it by Heiser
What is an Elohiym?
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

It doesn't surprise me at all that the egyptians had named him as one of their deities, as it's my belief that EL is worshipped all over the planet under various names.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

there's more.
he's apollo, as the god of plagues.
interesting no? i think so. the scary part about all this is how precisely they data matches up on some of what the mainstream public schools claim are nothing but myths.
for example, the norse LOKI (tricky god) sure bears a great deal of similarity to the sumerian ENKI (tricky god). and they both bare alot of similarity to the Serpent (Nachash). I'm thinking it's all the same guy!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Next thing you know, evangelists will be healing amputees!

Wow, imagine that!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thank you very much for that Undo
Wasn't Horus also known as the lamb of god? Also like to add that they think the Egyptian book of the dead was copied itself from different texts at that time. Man the deeper you dig the more confusing it all becomes.

Thanks again it's because of people like you that I like this place

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your right that such things are horrible. The world is a horrible place. People do have karma. That karma extends back through all their various incarnations. Karma is like a first in, first out line. Because the line is backed up, it may not be obvious that their is a payback when some people seem to get away with things and others seem to be abused for nothing. Karmic justice is very strict and could be view as ruthless. Especially when some one has no way to relate to why something is happening now, lifetimes after the original offense. It is a "just" balancing of debt. And the debt must be paid. No one gets away with anything for ever. People have no absolute freedom. Most of what passes for freedom in the society is marketing motivation to victimize and exploit. Best to take serious stock of these things and realize that there is no good, lasting future here. Happiness is followed by sadness, pleasure by pain, over and over again. Looking to one's true spiritual welfare become all the more real when you put the situation in the perspective as you've done. Good post!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wikipedia has a good writeup on Abaddon.
Seems to be a well balanced discussion of the subject.
By the way, if you are really intersted in end-time prophecy, don't ignore Daniel and Ezekial chaps. 38 & 39.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

no, i don't think horus was ever called the lamb of god. least ways, not in the texts i read on the subject (and i read alot about horus). horus was (ahem, warning, big theory incoming!) a son of nimrod. nimrod was osiris. he was also known as
ni-marad
narmer
enmerkar
asar
asarludu
namshub
etc
and for the finale, i believe there's evidence to suggest that he was an enki host (meaning enki possessed his body).
in the biblical texts on the subject, nimrod BECOMES a mighty one (code word for a nephilim). he wasn't born a nephilim so he was modified after he was born, and as a result of a decision he made. the name nimrod is really not a name, it's a title. it means "rebel."
he started the rebuilding of the temple of enki, which in biblical text is the tower of babel. you can read about the event also in enmerkar and the lord of arrata. in addition, you can see an excerpt about it in the enuma elish, it's called the namshub of enki:
Namshub of Enki
deoxy.org...

it's highly unlikely that the defiant prince, who caused so many problems, would be the father of the lamb of god.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Damn undo,I wish I could undo that information you just gave me

Going to have to go read up on a lot of things tomorrow night. It's the end of this day. Thank you once more for taking the time to answer my questions

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

woot. can i perhaps design you another avatar? yours is giving me a headache

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As a Deist I believe God does not interject into our lives.

There are no Prophets.

There are no Saviors.

There are no visions.

There are no secret messages and burning bushes.

The actions we see around us are the product of what we do ourselves. I don't allow any deity to be accused of providing all that is good, or evil, in this World. Disgusting things happen in this World because disgusting people do them, all on their own.. and there is no God to shield us from ourselves.

But to often we focus on the negative aspects of society and humanity in general.. while we may do things even the most vile demon couldn't dream up, we also are responsible for incredible kindness and good that even angles couldn't dream of.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

yeah, i started off my biblical studies with my mom. we went through all the prophetical texts, some of them several times. i read every book written on the subject by theologians of various stripe. and one day, while reviewing the book of revelation, i came upon the subject of the bottomless pit in chapter 9 and thought.... what the heck is that anyway? and that lead me all the way back to ancient sumer and a thing called the ABZU (which is the Abyss, which is the original greek word for bottomless pit).

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join