It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
God is in evolution. People like you that post these messages are a part of nature, and possibly what you would term God. If you have not realized that there are radical things that occur because of your existence here; then I feel sorry for you, you just have not licked life yet.

SVE

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brygivrob
It is not God that is doing all the bad stuff. It is Satan.

There is goodness and wonder and beauty everywhere. There is also terror. We bring into each of our lives mostly what we think about. One can stick his head in the toilet and complain that God made the world stinky and ugly. But one can enjoy the beauties of life mostly, and pray for others, and serve others, to alleviate their pains.

But who is Satan really? God's agent. We all must be tested. We all must choose.

Who is Satan? Got the worst hiding of my life as a child when I said he is the man that freed us. Weren't we going to be mindless 'slaves' with god at the steering wheel? Was Adam and Eve just going to give god something to watch? What was our purpose going to be until the snake man freed us? The bible does not make any sense to me,not when I was a child and certainly not now. Who is Satan? If I follow the great book. Satan is a teacher

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Those who hate God almost always start out their inquiry, as you have. It goes like this, "How could a loving God...blah, blah, blah?" Perhaps you don't "hate" God. Don't know. Just wanted you to know this is what I have observed from those who truly "hate" God.

My response to this is to ask, "So what kind of relationship would you prefer with God?" Do you prefer a "puppet-master" type God? That reduces your choice to about zero. With choice comes responsibility. Get that? It's a trade-off thing! You want lots'a choices? You get lots'a responsibility! Do you understand this simple truth? God has NO responsibility for our screw-ups. You and I and six and a half billion others here on Earth, endowed with free will, create our own reality.

God gave us the free-will, but made it very clear, he that sows to the wind will reap a whirlwind. Don't like bad stuff? Take some responsibility. I could quote all kinds of scripture. That's too easy. Read it yourself. Bottom line is this, God gave you a world, if you can keep it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Another thing... arent we supposed to be reincarnated so we can come back and learn from our past mistakes? If so, that would mean we would come across these specific 'tests' during our lives wouldnt we? But if we have free will then doesnt that mean that its quite likely that we would never come into contact with these specific tests in the first place?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

snake man

from what i can tell, the text is just not revealing enough to answer this question, 1) because it's written in english which doesn't decipher the ancient hebrew very well, 2) it was translated into english during a time when both the jewish scholars and english scribes were of a certain mindset about which of the many hebrew word choices to use during its translation, 3) some people don't care enough about it to search out the original meanings and would prefer to just take it at face value in its current english incarnation, along with any negative associations they may have found to attribute to it, 4) it requires reading more than just the biblical text to fully appreciate the history of the time in which it was meant to depict, and 5) sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, as a result, the inclination to prefer the mundane answer above anything else, will always be the safe haven of those who wish only to hurl the stones without looking at what's beneath them

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Another thing... arent we supposed to be reincarnated so we can come back and learn from our past mistakes? If so, that would mean we would come across these specific 'tests' during our lives wouldnt we? But if we have free will then doesnt that mean that its quite likely that we would never come into contact with these specific tests in the first place?

I mean, I guess reincarnation is like god, completely unproveable. Except for the occasional omg story. Which tend to be false, but never really looked into.

I guess if I acted really bad in this life. I may be reincarnated as a Saudi Arabian woman. That would teach me a lesson for sure! I'd rather be a worm, they have a much simpler life. Or a gopher, just working hard everyday.

Exactly. Your point is good.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sickofitall2012

How bout you think, man. Capital punishment is by the hand of humans, not God, and with a twenty year appeal process, why should they fear it.
ok i'll repeat this once struck down is struck down..personal attack?you havn't got a clue ,even when i was just trying to hand you one.asking some to think a little about what i've said, before you post, is nothing personal. so quit wasting space.if you don't like the things i'm saying, i'd be happy if you would use that ignore button k?

network dude
and by the way, anybody who thinks they know the answers to your questions are lost. nobody knows why things are they way they are. They just are. Some have faith that things will work out, and some don't care. Arguing with anyone about why God does what he does, would be like asking me how anti gravity works. I might give you an answer, but it will be wrong.

but there are answers. i think this is why he is asking. 08 yes no?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

Sorry for the huge quote.

Yes, there are answers to this, many. But if we can weed out all the terrible ones, we can find some that actually have ground. And start giving them a look or two.

245 posts to this. and i'd say maybe 25% are answers, so there are definately answers out there, it's all about analyzing.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Argh, and if we can get reincarnated then doesnt that mess up the whole heaven/hell thing? I mean yea after we've done learning and whatnot we'd go to heaven... but if you went to hell after you died, couldnt you just get reincarnated instead of being forced to swan dive into a huge lake of fire?
And if you can do that then whats the point of there even being a hell if you're always going to have a chance to fix things.. unless its a three strikes and you're out type deal

link   
reply to post by undo

Star for you sir,that was a biggest part of the problem for me. Being a kid and being told its the word of god and you can never dispute that. Then you grow up and start searching for answers but just find a mountain of lies and deceit. Bottom line for myself is if it has a human name on it,take it with a truck of salt. If that name starts with King, even more so.

link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Those who hate God almost always start out their inquiry, as you have. It goes like this, "How could a loving God...blah, blah, blah?" Perhaps you don't "hate" God. Don't know. Just wanted you to know this is what I have observed from those who truly "hate" God.

My response to this is to ask, "So what kind of relationship would you prefer with God?" Do you prefer a "puppet-master" type God? That reduces your choice to about zero. With choice comes responsibility. Get that? It's a trade-off thing! You want lots'a choices? You get lots'a responsibility! Do you understand this simple truth? God has NO responsibility for our screw-ups. You and I and six and a half billion others here on Earth, endowed with free will, create our own reality.

God gave us the free-will, but made it very clear, he that sows to the wind will reap a whirlwind. Don't like bad stuff? Take some responsibility. I could quote all kinds of scripture. That's too easy. Read it yourself. Bottom line is this, God gave you a world, if you can keep it.

As some religions put it, that yes, yes he is responsible for them, either allowing bad things to happen such as torture, or creating a divine being to do them.

Very odd, for a god to create, test subject, just to have them live in horrible agony, and a terrible life.

I don't hate god, if he was real though.. it's a kind possibility that I would.

I don't see it, the judeo god of the bible, talks something about a millenia of happiness on earth, because satan is banished into hell.... although later on he sneaks out.

One umm... why let him out in the first place... hell why even create the mofo.

Why not just have the millenia of peace and prosperity, and #in rainbows and butterflies NOW!

Things just don't add up, you can multiply, subtract, divide, heck people are putting algorithims in it, and it's still not making any bit of sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yep, that's "your reality".
Have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Every bad thing - that ever was - has gone through a filter. Either repented and forgiven or unrepented and unforgiven. That, which remains unforgiven will eventually be punished. The person doing the bad thing and the Judge of that person are seperate. We will not be judging ourselves, thats God's work. Thankfully, God is more merciful than we can ever be. God also pursues every thought and action in people.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Circle]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

God at one point in the Bible attempted to intervene and root out evil (the flood) but if you keep reading right after the flood it says even so man was still continuously evil

Well there you go this omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent being is unable to get its' own way.

It is obviously imaginary then.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

surprisingly, if you look at the original words, it's not a lie per sey, it's just highly condensed, peppered with both mainstream (at the time) and tribal oral histories, has very surprising meanings, and as a result, tends to be ignored by both sides of the fence. once you loosen up the noose on your brain, you start to see what it's been trying to say for a long time. you just didn't notice cause you didn't read what it really said (by "really" i mean the original languages it was written in). this applies as much to the inerrant bible crowd (who assume the english translation is perfect) as it does to you or anyone else.

it isn't that what it says isn't relevant, that's for sure. it's just that some assumptions are made about it based on only half the information, because the other half of the information is buried in incorrect translation.

for example, genesis 6
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

today, an anthropologist would laugh at that verse, primarily because it's not correctly translated, and they aren't paying attention to the surrounding information: the mighty men were famous, powerful, rulers, etc. in fact, the words "mighty men" is actually "gibborim enoshe" which means strong, brave, mighty (enoshe, anash) NACHASH

and nachash is ...>
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by undo]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

My response to this is to ask, "So what kind of relationship would you prefer with God?" Do you prefer a "puppet-master" type God? That reduces your choice to about zero.

GOD "Don't have sex with another man "

MOOCOWMAN "Why ?"

GOD "Because it's a sin"

MOO "What's a sin?"

GOD"Something that I didn't create"

MOO "I thought you created everything ?"

GOD "I did but not what I didn't IE sin"

MOO "So who created sin?"

GOD "Don't test me or I'll kill you"

MOO "OK, so what if I have sex with another man ?"

GOD "I will get someone else to kill you by stoning you to death"

MOO "What if they find that repugnant?"

GOD "Then I'll have to do it myself when I kill everyone else who's sinned, kind of a job lot"

MOO "So why bother trying to get someone else to kill me in the first place, if you created them to find killing repugnant"

GOD " Listen up dude, if you do the things I don't want you to do that which I did not create, I will kill you. You can do anything that I haven't said you can't do and we'll get on fine"

MOO "Well seeing you put it that way, what choice do I have ?"

GOD "Plenty of choice, behave shut up and live or misbehave and die"

MOO "So do as I'M told ?"

GOD "Absolutely not just don't do what I've told you not to"

MOO "You realize of course, that you are a complete wanker ?"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I agree with you on this subject. I was raised in a Christian home and was Christian for some time until I had an "awakening" I guess you could say.

Its a source of great frustration and anger for me.

According to the Bible:

We are not to murder, yet the god of the Bible committed genocide on more than one occasion in the Old Testament.

We are not to allow our brother or sister to sin without reprimanding them or we will be guilty of their sin also. Yet the god of the Bible allows the most vile and disgusting people on the planet commit atrocities against their fellow man everyday, but the god of the Bible is not guilty for that.

We are being punished because two people ate a fruit they weren't supposed to around 6,000 years ago. Which would make the god of the Bible the most vengeful and spiteful being in the universe.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The only unpardonable sin is to reject God's love and His free offer of life in Heaven

As far as I can ascertain, the eating of blood is unpardonable, you may of course correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wah! Wah! Wah!

Life is so harrrrrrrd!

Can you turn on the tap and get fresh water?
Forty percent of world lacks clean water!

Can you open up your cupboard and feed your piehole to your hearts content?
The most recent estimate says that 854 million people worldwide are undernourished. This is 12.6 percent of the estimated world population of 6.6 billion. Most of the undernourished--820 million--are in developing countries.

Do you thank Yahweh for all the "blessings" in your life? Or.... do you just curse Yahweh when TSHTF????

How much of your life choices contribute to the "hell on earth" that you whine about? Truth is.... things will only get worse because of OUR choices. But.... cheer up. You got your pound of flesh out of Yahweh when you harassed, tortured, and crucified Yahshua. The life that you believe to be futile and pointless was so perfect... so right..... that Yahweh Himself lived as one of us.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
Every bad thing - that ever was - has gone through a filter. Either repented and forgiven or unrepented and unforgiven. That, which remains unforgiven will eventually be punished. The person doing the bad thing and the Judge of that person are seperate. We will not be judging ourselves, thats God's work. Thankfully, God is more merciful than we can ever be. God also pursues every thought and action in people.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Circle]

Then why bother punishing people in the first place if its not our place to pass judgement?

And lets just hope God doesnt pull a Noah's ark job on us. Or hope that you're Noah this time round!.. But Im sure that wont happen, what with God being so merciful an all...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ah that's the verse about the 'nephilim' ? Thank you for that link and I'm on my way to check it out. You clearly know a lot more than myself on this matter. Just out of interest how right/wrong do you think the translation of the book of the dead is?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join