It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So lately, i've been having some sympathy for theists, and 'almost' kind of seeing what they see, empathizing and what have you. Maybe feeling like there is possibly something out there.

Then today came along, and knocked me out of my terrible trance.

A Katy ISD Officer was kidnapped and is still missing.

Now I went through Elementary, Junior high in Katy, Texas. And High School in Dallas.

Then I started thinking, well what's happening to her right now, (not knowing at the time albeit that her boyfriend a fellow officer, had kidnapped her,) my imagination reigned over with thoughts of a illegal immigrant cartel member torturing a cop to death.

Then it got me thinking that turned into a somewhat of a rolling snowball of thoughts.

I can say that right now a girl is being raped by a sick pervert. And probably be right. And probably could dare say that there are 10 girls being raped by a sick pervert right now, and still probably be right.

I can also say that right now, a father is beating his son, only to make him take a 'Ice Bath'. And be right again, talking about this very moment your reading this at any given time.

A 12 year old girl (I can even go for distinction) is being molested by her father. RIGHT NOW.

Somewhere in the World be it Arizona (the capital kidnapping of the world) or Guantanamo, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, the list goes on, and could be all at once. Somewhere is being beat to death mercislessly

Those without weak stomachs, look at the picture above, and think to yourself, this is one of the very very few that we have seen, and probably accounts for only 1 percent of people being tortured. Put yourselves in the mans shoes, and honestly look at the picture, and feel it, and tell me that you were (Snip)ing about your meal at mcdonalds.

Feel the pain.

Right now, a car bomb, probably is being set up. An Assasination attempt on anyone is being conjured up.

A girl walking home from school, could easily be raped by a few young men, than have her jaw broken, only to be found dead. Reason only, for wanting to be ganglike.

These atrocities, are near everyday, once a year, to always happening at this very moment.

And all you Religious people, wake up with this (snip)ing smile on your petty souls. Praying to God, thanking him for being a loving and kind god.

It was almost religious the thoughts I had started thinking of.

I see people everyday with the happiest smiles on, and ask them why are they so happy.

They almost always reply, "Today is a good day". or "Because I know God".

And I think, these morons, (sorry for the barbs, pretty upset ATM) just aren't looking around the world.

What i'd like to know is.

Where is your God, where is your god when that 12 year old girl is being raped only to die afterwords for fear she'll speak out against the offender. Although 6% of rapist never see a jail cell.

www.rainn.org...

Or for the Karma likers. Where is your Karma, Or your Rhonda Byrnes fanciers.

Did the girl deserve to be raped through I don't know a bad karma she had.

Did she have to many thoughts about being raped, so that the Universe made it happen.

Where is your god when this happens!

I for one, can't find him anywhere.

Just think about it, right now someone is being raped. Someone is being stabbed to death, someone may even be blowing themselves up in a coffee shop. Someone is commiting suicide.

And I can't even begin to think, that their is a personal god, a karma, or a Universe bringing this about.

Oh, and for those who are even thinking of it, if you want a real backlash, go and say it, "God works in mysterious ways''. Because that god is a sadistic (snip) (snip) (more snipping).

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I struggle with this same thing. That's really part of why I am here. I want to do the right thing and believe the right thing, but it's so hard. I have found myself on more than one occasion asking the same question. I come here for help understanding.

I've been told so many times that the reason things go wrong on this rock is mainly because we have free will, or that the devils is in charge down here, or that many people are just evil. I wish I knew what to believe. What allows a tsunami to kill a hundred thousand people? Or a cruel dictator to kill millions?

I don't have any answers. I know that I have to let go of it sometimes because I can't change it, or fix it, or understand it, or even stand to think about it. I like to believe that there is a reason for everything, but I can't wrap my head around it.

There is a lot of suffering and death and killing and torturing and stealing and beating in this world. I don't know why. But maybe we can both get the answer if we hang around long enough.

Thanks for the post. It was real.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

RIGHT NOW, (and always has been) The world is an evil place. If I were to get all biblical, I would quote many passages that state that this world is indeed evil, and technically speaking through God we are to separate ourselves from it. We see death and suffering as we can only see it. It's a HORRIBLE thing, but it exsists. God doesn't cause this, we as human beings do. God can interviene by sharing his love and his influence on us. I'm not saying God won't protect us. There are way too many grey areas in life. Death is horrible for us, but what is it to God? If we live on after we have experienced this mess, then is it such a bad thing? Maybe for some it is, but who am I to question the God of the universe? He cannot make choices for us, otherwise this whole thing would be useless. We have a pourpose here, and if we didn't have free-will then none of this would exsist.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thanks for responding, nicely.

Some people are fightingatheist, Muteatheist, Deafatheist.

I like to think I'm a questioning atheist, asking the questions that are mainly dogmatic.

I do figure, well we just gotta stick around.

Also witnessed a car accident on the highway, first thought was, dear god, someone's life has gotten much much worse.

Now there insurance comes up, what if they were struggling to pay their bills and now they just can't, what do they cut back on, food?

Now their clear record of driving is dulled, and has become bad.

Anger springs about in both of them. As all of us in car crashes go, I remember telling this little cheerleader off to freaking hell when she slammed into my rear bumper nearly breaking it off.

Now they have to come up with money to pay to have it fixed, if it isn't totalled, if it is totalled, now they may have no car, now their screwed, they can't get to work.

Finally, in about a couple of months, are they going to be homeless begging for change, whilst everyone else tells them to get a fkn job.

If you've ever been homeless, try getting a job.

Try dressing your best for the interview, whilst Big corporations guys, are the ones your now competing with. Your chances are slim to none, and I was once homeless. Sleeping in my car. Luckily, I had enough drive, and determination and motivation, But I doubt others have the strength to pull themselves out of that hell, whilst everyone else kicks sand in their face.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I understand the whole "there's a crapload of suffering out there and God is doing nothing" argument often put forth but don't most theists use a cop-out and just say things like:

"Suffering is caused by men, God gave us free will." (even though an All-Powerful God could never truly give something free will)

or

"Its because of sin" (apparently somewhere out there people are sinning and that apparently means innocent people must die, but then again in the eyes of most believers there are no innocent people)

or

"After Adam and Eve we became separated from God's love." (more nonsense)

My point is they have their excuses and they will likely stick to them no matter how horrific things get...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Thanks for responding, nicely.

Some people are fightingatheist, Muteatheist, Deafatheist.

I like to think I'm a questioning atheist, asking the questions that are mainly dogmatic.

Ya know, I never really considered myself an Atheist. I don't like to get into THAT whole debate. I have a hard enough time proving that I'M alive....let alone proving or disproving the existence of anyone, or anything else.
I have questioned, so may times, the 'faith' that I was brought up to have. So many things don't make sense to me, and there is so much fear, too much of a desire to please a God that I don't really even know.
I have always been afraid of going to Hell, so I tried to fit in to a lot of different religions. I wanted to find one that would allow me to do whatever I wanted and still be 'saved' after this life. They all had their own rules, and strange customs, and of course, the belief that THEIRS was the only TRUE way to get to heaven. They can't ALL be right, huh?
It seems like the last five years or so, I've given up on trying to do what this group wants, or that group, and just focus on trying to understand a power that is greater than me that keeps some sort of balance in the universe. I don't know if it's math, or gravity, or some cross between Charleston Heston and Santa Clause. All I know is that I don't understand.
I hang around here and try to read what other write with an open mind so that maybe I can get a little further down the road to understanding what it's all about, but sometimes I doubt that it's even possible for me to understand.
Probably too much information, but I appreciate you providing the opportunity to express it. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

"Suffering is caused by men, God gave us free will." (even though an All-Powerful God could never truly give something free will)

Why not? I think an all-powerful God can do whatever he wants. Who are we to say that he can't or hasn't *limited* himself in the sense that he does not allow himself to make choices for us? If we *didn't* have free-will then all "religions" are pointless. I think if we were to quote general scriptures of all "religious" documents, I'm willing to bet we would find very solid evidence that we are intended to have "free-will" by Gods pourpose.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So, God made a perfect world, put two innocent people in it and wanted to allow them to show love and be able to distinguish good from bad. Things were ok, but then the two people reproduced. That was their choice.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hi,

I am spiritual. I think all the ***organized religions*** we see now are absolute slave control; from their inception. Control of the masses by the Elite through externel invisible means.

You could sumize my belief to what we see all around each, and everyone of us in nature.

There are laws, and those are what I believe can create a just world. The problem with today's World are the ***organized religions*** skewing the natural order as laid out before our very eyes.

The Founding Father's in their initial creation of the written Bill Of Rights did in fact model it after the rights as seen in Nature created by the divine cosmos...

Really take the Bill Of Rights, and apply them to nature, and different animals.

They fit!

Where is my god??? ALL around. Where are the masses god??? Sitting in numerous 'thrones' in this physical plain; laughing at all the sheeple

S&F
Just my two pesos

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I think a lot of them are afraid of saying "i don't know". "I don't know why there's suffering and God", they could say. However, some people think that since you don't know, you're crazy. This doesn't make sense to me. How can somebody be presumptuous enough to know the mind of God? We don't even know the mind of other people, or even our own minds very well. The roots of our habits and motivations are often already a blur within a cloud of memories, or are from the subconscious and aren't even available at all.

That being said, teh book preaches that man has strayed from God after what happened in eden. It references it throughout, so it's not really a copout it's just relaying what is written there.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Ya know, I never really considered myself an Atheist. I don't like to get into THAT whole debate. I have a hard enough time proving that I'M alive....let alone proving or disproving the existence of anyone, or anything else.

You may be so bold to consider yourself, Atheist-Agnostic.
You don't believe in any gods, but You still cannot say fully that there are none.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
So, God made a perfect world, put two innocent people in it and wanted to allow them to show love and be able to distinguish good from bad. Things were ok, but then the two people reproduced. That was their choice.

Incest?

I can't even fathom how this could be possible, but then again you could easily say "Anything can be done by god.".

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A heartrending post OP.

I would say we are all our own god. We are each responsible for our individual acts.

My heart breaks for he victims, but we are all victims as well as victimizers at times...some of us worse than others

[edit on 18-8-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
For me, God is not a tangible term.
God Simply IS.
Existing as energy, the energy which comprises everything in the universe.
Through this energy, everything is connected.
Distance has no relevance.
We are as much part of this universe by existing here as we are if we existed 100 billion light years from here.
Every mind, Human or otherwise, part of a greater consciousness.
A consciousness, which exists beyond the 11 conceivable dimensions, in which no longer exist the duality of our universe.
Existing as a singularity of thought and consciousness. A point we can never obtain and are not meant to obtain.

So to me God simply Is and therefore is everywhere.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
A heartrending post OP.

I would say we are all our own god. We are each responsible for our individual acts.

My heart breaks for the victims, but we are all victims as well as victimizers at times...some of us worse than others

[edit on 18-8-2009 by liveandlearn]

If we are all our own gods, I believe we shan't consider ourselves gods much longer, but mere devils. Spiritual speaking.

If we are our own gods, it's sickening, to believe that a god molests and rapes children, kill thousands with no remorse but a mere smirk and laugh.

These are not godworthy people.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
For me, God is not a tangible term.
God Simply IS.
Existing as energy, the energy which comprises everything in the universe.
Through this energy, everything is connected.
Distance has no relevance.
We are as much part of this universe by existing here as we are if we existed 100 billion light years from here.
Every mind, Human or otherwise, part of a greater consciousness.
A consciousness, which exists beyond the 11 conceivable dimensions, in which no longer exist the duality of our universe.
Existing as a singularity of though and consciousness. a point we can never obtain and are not meant to obtain.

So to me God simply Is and therefore is everywhere.

Someone who knows a bit about quantum theories. Yeah it shows. lol.

Why would you say if god was everything, we 'weren't' meant to know/obtain. Seems odd that a thing of everything an unpersonal god, would be 'seemingly' making choices.

Pantheism though I believe that is.

Just seems odd for a god to be such a sadistic, and merciless person. But that's making it personal, maybe he finds it to be of great pleasure, to subject beings to extreme life long torture, and then some say toss them into an neverending fire of pain and eternal hell.

I can't get my head around this, and I don't think anyone else can too, without 'copping' out to, He works in mysterious ways.

link   

Oh, and for those who are even thinking of it, if you want a real backlash, go and say it, "God works in mysterious ways''. Because that god is a sadistic (snip) (snip) (more snipping).

Yes the world is an awful shape. It is heart wrenching. Jesus Christ is on his way and will be here soon. "Thank God" The world in it's current state cannot go on. In Mathew 24:21-22 Jesus states that world will be in great tribulation and if if the days are not cut short no flesh (human) will survive. I think we are reaching the tribulation period. The Bible also tells us not to worry about these things that it must come to pass. OK I am human and I worry, it is our nature. But God has not gone anywhere, he is not sick or blind, he is watching and he will intervene. The thing is our world is ruled by Satan right now. You can see it everywhere. It is apparent on TV, in the news and in the things you described. One of Satans many ploys is to turn us away from God by saying look at all these terrible things how can God do this, Where is your God?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Melissa101]

link   

Well said. I cannot understand this mentallity myself. *shrug* I just remembered why I have you as a friend. :p Tho you don't believe in anything, you do practice good common sense. You also don't make it a point to mindlessly bash people who do believe in God.
S&f.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

We are each responsible for our individual acts.

May I refer to this portion of my post.

Supposedly we are all one but I refuse to count myself as part of a whole who would do this. I don't understand it.

We are our own god responsible for our own action.

But as a whole...yes, we could all become devils with the likes of this

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

If we are all our own gods, I believe we shan't consider ourselves gods much longer, but mere devils. Spiritual speaking.

If we are our own gods, it's sickening, to believe that a god molests and rapes children, kill thousands with no remorse but a mere smirk and laugh.

These are not godworthy people.

This is what could happen if God agrees: (Warning, Rated R trailer)

Hollywood.
Selling fear, wrapped up by subtle questions like that.
Your question, OP reminded me of what this trailer made me think of, and spiraled as well...haha.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Demoncreeper]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join