It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we have in common with ETs? [opinion question]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've been pondering this thought for a while now as it continues to pass through my mind.

I wonder if Aliens do some of the same things we do?

Examples: Sing, Dance, Act, Laugh/have sense humor, Eat, Sleep, Produce bodily waste...etc.

I hope this question hasn't already been asked, and I hope it doesn't end up in BTS. lol

Still, I find it an intriguing question as I try to remain mature about it...
Because it also makes me wonder, for example if they don't produce bodily waste, would they then think less of us?
I mean, wouldn't we be considered being the "smelly planet" (well that is if they share the same senses as we do).

We're over here farting, sweating, and doing other nasty things.

Yet, it's nice to know that some of them seem to love us still.

Anyway, please feel free to respond and share you're thoughts.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

We are the aliens entertainment because the human race can be so predictable

and unpredictable at the same time. The aliens think and we think but they at a

much higher level. I believe the aliens are more afraid of we humans then we

are of them. If we are truly a Prison Planet then why would the aliens want to

make open contact with the mass population we may shoot them. ^Y^

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This is very creative and interesting. You should explore your thoughts, ideas on this subject.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much smarter i think aliens are...I don't know why i don't see cumulative knowledge and intelligence being the same thing. Like they can fry your noggin' or whatever but that doesn't make them smart it's just one more ability, like a bird flies, and we can't, yet stupid people are called birdbrains.
also, in most every aspect of aliens you hear about the good side and the bad which means no matter how advanced you get, things never get any clearer. One side is STILL fooled and another is not,by whatever forces are turning them against each other.
...you know it's funny about the stinky planet thing. ya know how many people thing God's an alien? well in the old testament i remember reading how God was once supposed to "drop in" and check on the army, and he said something like "get all people who fart in their sleep outta the camp cause they're gross to me. They staaank!"
...in so many words.

so yeah maybe we do smell crappy that's why they never leave their spaceships.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well, it's not 2007 again. But it could be. Here in the US. GB has the sightings for now. Well, take care.-----------------------.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It most assuredly seems logical wouldn't you think? I mean perhaps in different ways than how we have developed musically and artistically, but yes I am sure that they enjoy music, art , poetry, the sciences and the physical pleasures of being alive through their senses.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie

This is very creative and interesting. You should explore your thoughts, ideas on this subject.

Thanks!

I remember when I went through this weird kind of psychotic episode thingy....
(I am aware that takes away much credibility from me right away lol, but I feel there's a very fine line between intelligence and insanity. Actually I've heard that there's apparently a link between mental illness and creativity.
...blah...anyway, just hear me out)

...as it started ending I began thinking of very philosophical questions.

I thought of the question "why something rather than nothing?"

And for some reason I was thinking...well they must be the same thing.
I know, that sounds crazy. But, it somehow makes sense to me. I came to this conclusion by thinking that there's a musicality to the universe.
There seems to be a steady beat to the universe. And also, it's cool to think that silence can be considered a note as well.

We seem to just be a note in the universe.

Idk, I probably need to better formulate my theory or my thoughts.

What I am saying here is...
If and when the Aliens come I'd just like to just get down and start grooving with them.
I bet they would too.

Just imagine this: someone getting abducted with Aliens and makes a music video with the Aliens.
Now, THAT would be the best proof of Alien life EVER. lol

We must share something of an artsy nature with Aliens.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is a pretty interesting question to pose, I hope it stimulates some intelligent consideration.

To understand what we would have in common with ETs we have to understand what actions are common to all entities in this universe: 1) Communication, 2) Being, 3) Considering, and 4) Deciding. The most germane to this topic, at least at the level that is most understandable to most people, is communication.

In the most general sense communication is sending something from one place to another insuring what is received is exactly what is intended. Thereby we can easily conclude Ets send things through space ensuring what is received is exactly what is intended.

Perhaps a more general answer than mere wild speculation but I hope all can recognize the truth and broad applicability of that statement.

Communication, on Earth and throughout the physical universe, is accomplished through technology. An accurate definition of technology is an application of knowledge resulting in a particular capability. Therefore, we can specifically identify the majority of ET technology as being an application of knowledge to obtain the capability to send something through space, ensuring what is received is what was intended.

I think if you examine our technologies on Earth you will find they have much the same fundamental purpose.

I could write much more technical exposition of this question but I have outlined the fundamental similarity. We should never forget that moving forward the evolution of our civilization.

Truthfully,
Shane

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie

The human population on this Earth are in a closed loop not remembering one life to the next because our soul memories have been erased. Do you realize the power and knowledge human beings on Earth would possess if they could remember their accumulated past lives like the Domain Aliens, who are not trapped like we humans on Earth and this part of the Milky Way? ^Y^

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Also, I must add that I think Art is so universal on our Earth.

I think it may be the answer to raising the "love frequency" or "peace" and perhaps saving ourselves.

Think about this. Michael Jackson brought so much good to this world simply by getting the world up on their feet dancing and putting amazing uplifting messages in his songs.

He's a legend. Why would this be? Not only because his talent was outter-worldly, but because his message was "love".
This was understood and resonated in all of us.

How else can we be awakened?
This seems to be the only way of bringing us all together.

Now, think of this...
I am asking you to just sit there with your eyes on this screen as you are and imagine if we were to do this with other beings.
If we were to help show Earth to not be afraid, understand, and to really see that Aliens do exist and love us through the medium of Film and Dance. This could go over more smoothly than the "let's just show up and hope they don't poop their pants when they come".

I am talking another 'Alien Interview' type video, but this time we see the beings clearly, dancing along side with some peeps, and everyone having a good time. It could be like an advertisement for humans to join the Brotherhood of the universe.

I am speaking hypothetically of course, but still an interesting thought non the less.

Aliens should advertise themselves with peaceful and fun messages to say "wake up: No nukes and find answers within if you want to join us in a higher dimension".

What do you think?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Are we talking the imaginary ones that are supposed to be here
or the real ones out there another part of the universe?.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
^ Which ever ones are wanting to come here. I am assuming they are real.

Or are you suggesting I am making this all up in my mind. Am I seeing what I want to see?

I am not saying I want them to come save us. Ultimately we have to save ourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
when i see one, ill tell ya.

until then, ill continue to assume there locked in constant orgies while machines do the dirty work like keeping the lube well stocked.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well considering many "credible" sources have indicated we have been reverse engineering alien technoogy since the Roswell crash in 1947 I would say we have a lot in common as far as technology.

Reverse-Engineering Roswell UFO Technology

Other than that I have heard theories of intelligent life within our galaxy is supposedly all very similar according to a coast to coast am podcast.

Hers a youtube video from the disclosure project in reference to 54 "supposed" alien species: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hmmm, as far as music...I would say it depends on whether or not they possess a sense of hearing. Humans evolved music (as far as I can tell) after we decided the sounds rocks and sticks make when you hit them together is awesome, so we went from there. Plus we lived in an open-air envionment that facilitated sound waves easily enough. So it would depend on the evironment they evolved in, methinks. And if their race was created, like robot-aliens or something, creative ideas like music probably would not have been part of the purpose for their existence. So...

Maybe. Maybe not.

It all hinges on the environment and reason (if any) of their creation, I say.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I still like my "groovin' down" with the Aliens idea.

Sounds like a good time does it not?

Someone should get "lowki" in on this thread. lol
She/He'd know I bet.

I like when he/she said in another thread that homo-sapiens were good at ingesting food and making solid matter.

That we are lowki. That we are.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Examples: Sing, Dance, Act, Laugh/have sense humor,

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Guess you missed the Air Force metal report huh?

Scientist Admits to Study of Roswell Crash Debris!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
^

ha ha Very cute. Thanks for that video.

Edit: no I didn't really read all of it. It has to do with memory metal.
I suppose that's creative.
jk

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, just thought that was common knowledge in the UFO community... guess not

top topics

<<   2 >>

join