It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Photographer Kurt Sonnenfeld - Complete WTC Photos - Video Slideshow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The commenter Victoria is a prime example of what I have repeatedly stated: The average American does not want to even consider that its own government would harm its own people. Yet, nothing of these "patriots" note that that same "faithful" government send our men and women overseas to fight and die in meaningless wars such as Vietnam - which we lost, Iraq war - which we had the chance to complete during the Persian Gulf War but pulled out with some soldiers suffering from illness due to contamination, and Somalia - where the soldiers sent were going to a place well prepared for them, and don't forget Afghanistan where we send soldiers to search caves for WALDO - I mean, Osama. None of these people note that the U.S. had the chance to stop Nazi Germany early on, but neglected to do so, yet thought nothing to bomb an island called Japan, despite Japan's willingness to give up BEFORE the bomb was dropped. The fact that CIA/FBI release classified information to the public about their wrongdoings 10 or so years later because they know THAT generation won't care. The fact that the government has from time to time issued FORCED vaccinations. I don't care whether the vaccination is good or not, I would like a choice as to whether I want to take it or not.

More than any other country, the U.S. has more bases, more advanced military technology, etc. than any other country in the world. You REALLY think the U.S. could not have prevent 9/11, especially since it happened in the early 1990s?

Whether or not one believes 9/11 was an inside job, one must look at the resulting aftermath: The Patriot Act, which Congress did not even read before signing! This law has SO MUCH vagueness in it, even in its full title, that it is astounding that no one seems to care that it has taken a lot of your privacy away. Unjustifiable discrimination against Muslims which started because of media propaganda conditioning the masses to believe Islam is bad, etc. Racial profiling. The mere fact that the official 9/11 doc has a lot of FISHY things with it that do not add up. The fact the FBI was said to have the briefcase with the plans for the bombing but did not open it until after the fact. The fact that the hijackers were not Iraqis at all yet we invaded Iraq. Also, look at the surging power FEMA is getting after every "national emergency" What about the whole water boarding fiasco? And the media actually debating whether or not it was torture, only to confuse the masses. What about Lakdhar Boumediene? The man who was released by Bosnian police but detained by U.S. military and sent to G. Bay for seven years even though he had nothing to do with anything? No, "patriots" turn blind to these injustices.

Do we the people have control of the government or vice versa? That is the question. If the U.S. military has the right to detain foreigners without a warrant or a valid case against them and torture them, what makes you think YOU have those rights?

If you believe your gov. is true and innocent, you are fooling yourself. All governments have an agenda, and conspiracy or not, things like 9/11 pave the way for the U.S. government to tighten its grip on its citizens' liberties. Create chaos and the people will demand order or so as many of you know it: Order out of chaos.

I am not saying distrust the government, but be skeptical and educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
reply to post by TheOracle

What is the "poor them" thing going on in this comment? Do you not know that osama took responsibility for this dreadful day? Do you not remember seeing him on video taking credit? I don't understand where some of you people are coming from with this nonsense. What logical explanation in there for such a huge consperacy? I have looked through all the bull that you people call "evidence" and you are only seeing what you want to see. If you really believe that the US government did all this then you need to leave the country, why are you still living in a place that you think would do this to their own citizens? Somewhere reasoning was lost, get a grip people!!!!!

Well you think if they can plan such highly complex attack on 9/11 they cant find actors to take the blame for it?
www.the7thfire.com...
Planes vaporized, building collapsed but they found the hijackers passports intact?
A third building collapsed at free fall speed and it has not been even hit?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
of course nobody wants to admit they got done dry by the government. thats just obvious. the average american is brainwashed to think that america is the center of the universe and that the government loves you and only wants the best of ist people. and that america is so great that they should police the world and tell everybody how they should live think and work. it started off as a great idea but was hijacked by the rich and greedy

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In order to believe the official story of 9/11, one also must believe all real controlled demolition teams are incompetent... perhaps that the entire profession is a hoax.

These professional demolition engineers painstakingly plan and prepare their buildings to fall in a controlled fashion, yet they all collapse as if they'd been hit by random airplanes, then crumbled as if jet fuel fires wakened the structure..

Or maybe controlled demolition engineers have it all wrong, they take way too much time and money setting up a complex array of explosives, when all they really need is to set select jet fuel fires on a few floors and let "nature" and gravity do the rest...

If the laws of physics in NY are the same elsewhere, explosives are no longer needed by these engineers, just jet fuel, gravity and the laws of nature.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

I have been waiting for someone else to say it, but I couldn't agree more. Looking at them carefully you get the strong feeling that someone "cleaned" these of anything controversial whatsoever. I am curious also to know which ones he claims "disturbed" him.

You bring up very good points, where are the heroic pictures of the victims being recovered? I also looked for some sort of order to the photos as well and to me also it appears that groups of photos have been removed.

I have to wonder if the reason some of these photos are already in the public domain is b/c maybe this group of photos was what was given to media outlets, and is not being made available to the public.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thank you for takeing me to ground zero in a way that no one else has. I will never be the same again. I needed to be there in the rubble to feel it in the way I needed to feel it. Thank you again. Magantice

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
It is common knowledge that disinfo agents monitor ATS and try to derail certain theoretical positions and arguments.

What to look for...

when someone injects emotion like "grow up people!"

you may be witnessing a baiting tactic to suck you into an emotional flame war,
which is a common technique used by disinfo agents to steer a discussion off course.

Ignore the emotional outbursts and you can not fall for the bait.

Spot on switching yard,the place is crawling with them!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I live here. My ancestors lived here, one of them even signed the Declaration of Independence. I stood up and said the pledge of allegiance in Kintergarten with my hand on my heart every morning just like you did, we got paddled if we didn't, but that 'love it or leave it' stuff it is a nasty little mantra known as nationalism. A tool of the elite. Look around you sometime, it's all dirt.

I have always felt it is not only a waste of time to respond to those that refuse to understand what others are thinking but adds to the disinfo propaganda as it pulls attention away from the point.

I think a response to your quote is well deserved though, Thank You twitchy, I couldn't agree more.

Love the criminal activity or leave it is a worthless comment, the least we can do is see it for what it is. What ever happened to freedom and justice, was it replaced for denial and despair? There was some criminal activity involved in 9/11 and the responsible party was not Iraq.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Devino]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry if this link below has already been posted.

As you 9/11 truthers are aware, there are those truthers that believe that some kind of directed energy weapon assisted in the take down of the towers.
This link below shows pics of the surrounding area of ground zero along with Diane Sawyer's interview of a fireman and one volunteer. Also in this link are many pics of the surrounding parking lots and the twisted wreckage of the cars. The damage is bizarre and leads me to believe that directed energy weapons were used to assist in the take down of the twin towers.

www.drjudywood.com...

Now what do you suppose could have caused this kind of damage to the many cars pictured in this site?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So has anyone seen anything suspicious in these photos? I'm just starting to go through them. So far i don't any reason to withhold them until now.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I agree....Whats so controversial about these..???

Will somebody please point to something that may be worth talking about here....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All conspiracy theories aside....these photos are breathtaking..and nerve wrecking.

Doesn't matter if you believe the official story or if you believe it was an inside job, it's a damn shame over 2000 lives were exterminated that morning.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What is the "poor them" thing going on in this comment? Do you not know that osama took responsibility for this dreadful day? Do you not remember seeing him on video taking credit? I don't understand where some of you people are coming from with this nonsense. What logical explanation in there for such a huge consperacy? I have looked through all the bull that you people call "evidence" and you are only seeing what you want to see. If you really believe that the US government did all this then you need to leave the country, why are you still living in a place that you think would do this to their own citizens? Somewhere reasoning was lost, get a grip people!!!!!

I think YOU'RE the one who needs to "get a grip." Bin Laden NEVER took responsibility for 9/11. The FBI even says there's no hard evidence against him:

Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks
September 17, 2001 Posted: 11:21 AM EDT (1521 GMT)

DOHA, Qatar (CNN) -- Islamic militant leader Osama bin Laden, the man the United States considers the prime suspect in last week's terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, denied any role Sunday in the actions believed to have killed thousands.

In a statement issued to the Arabic satellite channel Al Jazeera, based in Qatar, bin Laden said, "The U.S. government has consistently blamed me for being behind every occasion its enemies attack it.

"I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons," bin Laden's statement said.

"I have been living in the Islamic emirate of Afghanistan and following its leaders' rules. The current leader does not allow me to exercise such operations," bin Laden said.

Asked Sunday if he believed bin Laden's denial, President Bush said, "No question he is the prime suspect. No question about that."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2008
#16 No Hard Evidence Connecting Bin Laden to 9/11

Source:
The Muckraker Report, June 6, 2006, and Ithaca Journal, June 29, 2006
Title: “FBI says, ‘No Hard Evidence Connecting Bin Laden to 9/11’”
Author: Ed Haas
www.teamliberty.net...

Osama bin Laden’s role in the events of September 11, 2001 is not mentioned on the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted” poster.

On June 5, 2006, author Ed Haas contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation headquarters to ask why, while claiming that bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 1998 bombings of US Embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, the poster does not indicate that he is wanted in connection with the events of 9/11.

Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI responded, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Osama bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11.” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” Asked to explain the process, Tomb responded, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice then decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11.”

Haas pauses to ask the question, “If the US government does not have enough hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11, how is it possible that it had enough evidence to invade Afghanistan to ‘smoke him out of his cave?’” Through corporate media, the Bush administration told the American people that bin Laden was “Public Enemy Number One,” responsible for the deaths of nearly 3,000 people on September 11, 2001. The federal government claims to have invaded Afghanistan to “root out” bin Laden and the Taliban, yet nearly six years later, the FBI said that it had no hard evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Our world changed forever on that day. Amazing pictures. Thanks for making this compilation.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Someone asked for some 'proof' in the pictures (discussion of Kurt Sonnenfeld aside and 'conspiracies') - there are many pictures that don't make sense as commentaries state. Try 20.37 - the firefighter standing on the beam. There's no rivets here, and it is not an end post which carried 4 internal vertical rivets. If you want to see it you will. The picture of the office covered in dust makes no sense if you have visited demolition sites. A lack of LUMPS of concrete etc etc.
I agree with commentators that these pictures serve more to bring us close to the unspeakable pain people feel. I cannot understand anyone not finding those pictures disturbing, imagine being stuck under there or having to find people in that danger and hellhole. The agony of those who died seems to be left unfelt in all discussion and these pictures bring it home.
I think it a privilege to see these.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mick_hunt1965

I also find these pictures very emotionally moving, every time I look I see something new that I find upsetting. This time it was the pictures of the Rescue Dogs and knowing that they were breathing in the hazardous dust.

It doesn't take long to find steel beams that have been cut, they are very easy to find. Some of these cuts, I would guess, were made by the cleanup crew but not all of them.

I have a question about picture 47 that shows orange smoke coming out of a pile of debris. To the left of the smoke is a small orange flag and a worker circled in yellow. Did they use colored smoke to indicate worker locations like how those orange flags are used?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/130d88026901.jpg[/atsimg]

I have also seen orange smoke in demolition videos where explosives were used such as in the deconstruction of Marmot dam in Oregon.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

you REALLy think it takes a disinfo agent or whatever to point out whats already been disproven scientifically
Whats been dis-proven scientifically?I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden never took credit for the attacks. The video was an obvious fake. In it a man with no more than a passing resemblance to bin Laden is shown clearly writing notes with his right hand. bin Laden is left-handed. The FBI isn't hunting him for 9-11 either. He is on the FBI's most wanted list, but for American deaths on foreign soil, NOT for any domestic acts of terrorism.

I'm not fan or a supporter of CIA asset Osama bin Laden, but making statements like "Do you not know that osama took responsibility for this dreadful day?" is promoting ignorance and perpetuating a factual error.

The fact that the US government made claims that bin Laden claimed responsibility for the attacks on the basis of such an obvious fraud, and the fact that to date no external group has taken credit for 9-11, leads me to look at the source of the lies--the Bush administration--as a possible suspect in answer to the question "whodunit?"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey Folks'

I just ran across this today on Facebook

US Attempts To Extradite 9/11 FEMA Videographer From Argentina

“I have promised to give my footage to the big investigators that are credible and widely known – investigators who will be able to detect anomalies that I or other people without scientific education might miss. With that in mind, I hope that there are many things they can discover that disprove the current official story of what happened,” Sonnenfeld told a Press TV correspondent.

linky

ATS owners... this could be the Big One you've been waiting for!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join