It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism and the $1 Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Symbolism and the $1 Bill

blogs.static.mentalfloss.com

Crack open your wallet, pull out everyone’s favorite portrait of George Washington, and be prepared to learn about some odd symbolism that probably seemed perfectly normal in the 18th century. Here are the explanations behind some of the more baffling parts of our nation’s smallest bills.
What’s that weird pyramid drawing on the reverse of the bill?The two circular drawings on the reverse of the bill are actually parts of the two-sided Great Seal of the United States. Although we don’t see the entire seal outside of our wallets too often, the notion of having a great seal is actually
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Got to love how they are trying to mainstream this on Yahoo news home page now. Haven't read it all yet ut I'm sure it has a lovely candy coated story to make it seem oh so nice. I wonder why after all these years they are trying to bring this out in the open for everyone to see? Any opinions?

I figured this would have been enough writting to submit this bt now but I guess I will add in a few meaningless lines of jargon to push this through.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepare4it777

Got to love how they are trying to mainstream this on Yahoo news home page now. Haven't read it all yet ut I'm sure it has a lovely candy coated story to make it seem oh so nice. I wonder why after all these years they are trying to bring this out in the open for everyone to see? Any opinions?

I figured this would have been enough writting to submit this bt now but I guess I will add in a few meaningless lines of jargon to push this through.

F&S

I was going to post this as well.

""The all-seeing Eye of Providence at the top of the pyramid symbolizes the divine help the early Americans needed in establishing the new country. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

That was just absolutely hilarious. That is a classic MSM article for it lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
From time to time, the MSM trots out little gems like this - a sort of "did you know?". It's meaningless. It will all be quietly forgotten until next time, when everyone will think it's new again.

I've seen this sort of thing several times over the years. It's always done in a nonthreatening, matter-of-fact way. In fact, there's nothing all that sinister about it. It's been this way for a long, long time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The oddest thing:

I'm having trouble searching the authors other blogs...

Or searching the site in general. Other then the Yahoo story.

Anyone else?

Interesting to see such a Professionally written blog from a nobody.... Almost has a note of history book to it. I just want to compare to his other blogs, but I'm having a problem...

But clicking on the Dollar story, is immediate.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
they're not even talking about the tiny owl on the upper left side corner of the george washington side

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha
they're not even talking about the tiny owl on the upper left side corner of the george washington side

Yuh you noticed how they left that bit of symbolism out also. lol

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
And they're not even mentioning Nicholas Roerich. That's the interesting part.

new topics

top topics

join