It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road tax, tracked by GPS in car, considered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

In my state, any type of moving violation results in a monetary penalty, as well as "points" put on you driving record.
Accumalate 12 points in a rolling twelve month period, and your license is suspended.

Which is way too mild. Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to each of us than all other criminals put together!! Anyone caught doing 20+ over the limit should lose their license for a year and a DUI should mean permanent loss.

Time to stop coddling these killers and maimers.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Anyone caught doing 20+ over the limit should lose their license for a year and a DUI should mean permanent loss.

20+ over you do lose your license.
DUI - doesn't matter, most of them drive w/o one anyway.
That is, they do in Vegas.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah

20+ over you do lose your license.
DUI - doesn't matter, most of them drive w/o one anyway.

Yeah i know lots of people keep on driving even after DL suspension, but i bet they don't drive as much and when they do drive, they are extra careful. So taking away their license doesn't work exactly as intended but it still does a lot of good.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I hate to break the bad news to you, but most of the people in Vegas don't get a DUI and slapped with a fine for driving with a revoked license because they rarely drive and more cautious about it. It's because they have a blatant disregard for the laws in place for the safety of the public and they do whatever they want and eventually get caught.

You and I may be more careful after receiving a moving violation, however, these people continue to drink and drive on a regular basis.

My point is, you can have all the laws required, but people will still skirt around them or ignore them altogether if that is what they choose. There are plenty of people driving cars that have no insurance because they didn't get it registered (doesn't pass smog, don't want to pay the fee, etc.) and are STILL driving their vehicles all over town.

I lived in Vegas for over a YEAR with expired WISCONSIN plates and never got caught. Not once. Not even after I purposely pulled infront of a squad car to get their attention about a drunk, homeless guy sleeping in the drive thru of a Taco Bell. Never got pulled over, ticketed or fined. When I finally registerd my vehicle, it was because I bought a new vehicle and the van was gone.

Putting GPS into vehicles ensures they know where we are at all times. It isn't necessary. We pay road usage taxes every time we fill our tanks with gas. I'm also beginning to wonder how much of stories like these are just a smoke screen so we aren't paying attention to what really matters. What's REALLY going on. Distractions are such a pain in the ass.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah

I hate to break the bad news to you, but most of the people in Vegas don't get a DUI and slapped with a fine for driving with a revoked license because they rarely drive and more cautious about it. It's because they have a blatant disregard for the laws in place for the safety of the public and they do whatever they want and eventually get caught.

I

I'm sure some are like that and i'd like to see prison time for anyone caught driving with a suspended DL.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join