It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Great compilation . the 1974 Berywn UFO incident in Wales may we worthy on the list, but where do you stop. Again, grat work!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks guys! this must have took for ever...nice to have one place to go for all of these great cases

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
One thing TML and myself noticed missing was a heavy write-up on the Kecksburg Incident, while we all probably know about it I feel it deserves a decent write-up here on ATS. I am thinking about doing it myself but if anyone wants to volunteer go right ahead.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great compilation!! Thanks for sharing. S + F .

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Looks like a great post.... i'll be sure to check it out soon..... everything in one place right from the start.... well nearly from the start

S+F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Excellent post. It'll definately provide me with some really good reading about the subject. Nice work!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think you two did an excellent job working together, keep up the good work OK? This is one to save to favorites for sure!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Great collection.

will be browsing this carefully when I get some free time.
Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hey Buddy

You and TML have done a job and a half!!

This will be invaluable to anyone wanting to do a refresher, or for those new to Ufology.

Once again, a damn fine effort my friend and kudos also to themythlives

It goes without saying mate... S&F'd.
Well, I guess I just did say it ;-)

[edit on 19-8-2009 by mckyle]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for their kind words
It was a thread that was definately well worth the effort.

Thank you EVERYONE!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Another important thing this thread shows is that it is VERY POSSIBLE and EASY for a "skeptic"(you) and a "believer"(me) to work together for a common good. I asked for your help with this and you quickly jumped on it, I must again thank you my friend, as stated in the OP, without the additional help this would have been MUCH MORE time consuming than it already was.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes Skeptics can help
Also Skeptics and Believers can co-exist with each other. It was definately a fun project and I THANK YOU for choosing me to help you with this fantastic thread. Believers and skeptics all search for the same common goal... the truth. And the only way to get their, is for the skeptic and the believer to work together.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow, excellent job. Thanks for organizing all of this info. I'm kind of new here, I'll bookmark this.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That is a very impressive compilation of threads.

One HOAX thread that never really materialized at the time was a thread devoted to the alleged discovery of the Kinross F-89 on the bottom of Lake Superior. Many people still believe this was an authentic discovery which was hushed up by the government - however all indications are that this was a big hoax. The story was first broken August 2006, in email to Francis Ridge, a NICAP UFO researcher. The email contained a quote from an Associated Press story which itself appears to be a complete fake/hoax.

News of the discovery spread like wildfire through the magic of the Internet. The story revolved around a "dive company" called the Great Lakes Dive Company which it turned out - did not exist. It does appear the name may have been chosen deliberately to be confused with another company "Great Lakes Diving Company" which was legitimate. The company alleged they were searching for other famous Lake Superior ship wrecks using sidescan sonar. Due to "bad weather" they halted their search and began searching the middle of the lake for the lost F-89 which disappeared in 1953. The "dive company" created a website which showed some grainy low-res images which were claimed to be authentic sidescan sonar images of the F-89. (Some sidescan sonar experts disputed their authenticity).

They provided no photographs of their dive boat, sidescan sonar equipment, or themselves on their website, which abruptly disappeared about a month after it fisrt appeared. The principle contact, who went by the name "Alex Jimenez" I seem to recall, was interviewed on Coast to Coast AM by Linda Moulton Howe (who has never conceded that the whole story was probably a hoax).

The Kinross Incident thread contains a few references to the story but to this day, no one has heard anything more of "Alex Jimenez" or his "discovery".

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just wanted to say how brilliant i think this thread is, jkrog08 you did a fantastic job!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Thank you SO MUCH, but TheMythLives also helped track down some of these cases.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I checked into the HOAX story of the F-89 discovery on the bottom of Lake Superior and discovered that there was a thread on this:

New Photos of the Mystery Object near the Kinross F-89 Scorpion

It was never officially flagged as a hoax, although I think there is very little doubt that this was all a hoax.

I don't know what criteria the mods use to define a thread as a hoax, but this one certainly is as well deserving as any.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thank you for this. I know this was a lot of work. I hope you got lots of applause. This will be very useful. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Many thanks to you as well. Great resource.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC

All i can say is this is probably the best thread I have ever seen

Its great to see the acknowledgment of other peoples work, as well as your own!!!!!

By the way, thanks for adding all my threads too

Keep up the good work, mods get this guy a FSME title!!!!!

Edit to add:

1. Kudos to themythlives for his fantastic partaking in this too
2. This thread should be a compulsory read for those new members, and those members that keep writing baseless threads with no argument

Again guys, well done

[edit on 19/8/2009 by OzWeatherman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join