It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone to show "Secret History of America"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Oliver Stone to show "Secret History of America"

news.yahoo.com

Film director Oliver Stone has a secret -- 10, at least -- and he is about to tell some them in a new documentary for U.S. cable television.

Stone, whose films such as "Nixon" have focused on controversial people and events, is now shooting the 10-part nonfiction series about unknown moments in U.S. history for the Showtime cable network called "Oliver Stone's Secret History of America," set to debut in 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Topics for this new documentary will range from the reasons behind the Cold War with the Soviet Union, U.S. President Harry Truman's decision to drop the atomic bomb on Japan, and changes in America's global role since the fall of Communism

Thought I would put this out there. I'm not really sure his version of American history will play out. Stone is certianly an outspoken figure, and a great producer, reguardless of his politics. Should be interesting!

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-8-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nowadays, when a person (don't care who they are) comes out of the woodwork with sudden info for the world/ country, I'm immediately suspicious.

Oliver Stone is no exception, anything but.

But nice find, sir. I'll keep my eye out.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Unless he intends to address the robber barons of Jekyll Island, the infiltration of the government by private commercial concerns, and the media's complicity in the general ignorance about the event; I'm not interested in shelling out money for more Hollywood 'infotainment.'

Bitter? Yeah.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The guy is fried. Don't expect anything more than a bunch of propaganda for the purpose of distracting the public from the real problems. He did the same thing with the Bush movie, playing softball with a hardball issue. At this point of his career, Stone is nothing more than a mouthpiece who cannot really be taken very seriously.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If it's even half as 'truthful' as his JFK film, I will not bother my time with it. And these "unknown" moments and secrets in U.S. history were told to Oliver Stone by a magical pixie? Or by conjecture loving marketing types?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think you all are right. However it should be interesting nevertheless

-E-

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is a WMD (Writing of Mass Distraction) just like the rest. Olly doesnt know any more or less about our history than anyone else with the ability to file for documents under the FoIA.

Classify this in the same category as Al Gore's global warming sham movie and you will see that he is just taking advantage of a situation in time to make a few bucks off the dimly lit minds amongst us.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Good post, WP. What would good ole' Honest Abe Lincoln or even Harry Truman himself have to say about all the crazy conspiracy theories gaining popularity nowadays? I have a feeling if I ever want to know, the closest I can come is to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I have a feeling if I ever want to know, the closest I can come is to you.

Maybe Oliver Stone could give me a role as a young mischievously conspiring Lincoln, or Truman. Although I would probably be too short for the former. Thanks for the laugh anyway.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Well the article states that Oliver Stone will make a TV series on events that happened but didn't get reported on at the time the happened.

Not events that are unknown up to this date. So I'm sure it won't be anything that we already don't know.

Possible events are: Gulf of Tonkin incident, operation paperclip, Iran Contra affair, USA involvement in south and central America (dictatorshiips,death squads, arm sales), involvement in ex-USSR countries.....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Most of these stories don’t need the Freedom of Information Act because the data is already out there. You just need to dig a bit to come up with America’s dirty little secrets.

Check out Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the United States” to see what I mean.

These won't be new stories for many of us, but they will shock many in the mainstream.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07
These won't be new stories for many of us, but they will shock many in the mainstream.

You mean that the mainstream media will TELL US we should be shocked.

As usual, the media zombies must be indoctrinated to know what is and isn't 'worthy' of their attention.

I'm sure it will be interesting, Stone is a great technician when it comes to making films... but then, if he wasn't, he couldn't even get a chance to try to milk these topics for profit.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sounds like a sham to me. Stoney will talk about some bad things in america but not the real bad things. Like historian Howard Zinn who criticizes america but still supports the official nonsense on 911 about 19 stone-age arabs who hate our freedom.

top topics

join