It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this machinery?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Could anyone identify the machinery pictured below?

Some of you will probably have seen it on another site, and I've a feeling it's a hoax, but I'd be interested to hear wht people think it may be before I say what it's alleged to be.

Thanks in advance

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d728209531.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Is it a device to separate liquids or between varios materials?

I love this game and you spark some mystery about it too!

However i would apreciate a higher resolution image to see the objects in the background better.

Curius GTG

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's a Flux capacitor?

Looks like it could handle 1.6 jiggawatts.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looks like a high pressure flow meter.

All stainless says it's food grade, caustic or bio work.

Looks like the foil tape on the walls in the background could be for preventing thermal leakage so it could be some type of extreme low or high temperature lab.

There are a lot of lifting eyes on equipment in there and the ones onthe back are held up vertically. Possible it is unsuitable for human habitation and work is done remotely in that chamber. Could be in a radiation enviroment.

I'm curious as to what this is.

[edit on 053131p://f10Wednesday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some sort of an experimental superconductor?

Is the picture correct with all the golden in it?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It looks like the cryogenic cooling chamber for a liquefied gas, such as nitrogen, prior to being sent to the pump diode to cool the amplifier for a thulium fiber laser system.

EDIT: And no, I didn't make that up.
There's even a patent for it. It is used in everything from Military to Telecommunications.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

A component to a scanning electron microscope

or a slushy machine from the 7-11 store down the block.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

My seven year old just looked at the pic and said, "Mom, is that what they put dead people in?" I didn't even tell her that we were supposed to be guessing what it is. She just chimed in, lol. And for the record, I don't even know what she's talking about because I'm positive she's never seen dead people in anything!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is it a captured ufo?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
After looking at the picture my guess would be a flattened out iron-lung to fit something like a flat alien or the Tofu character from resident evil 2.

After reading the posts though I would guess that the entire room isn't made of gold... it's a light with that color shining over stainless steel.... if I had to take a guess (a real guess) I would go with fraterormus' suggestion. I don't know much about it but hey, it sounds about right!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A time travel device? Please let's not do another Titor nightmare.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think it could be a new and improved congulator. I recall Col. Klink was very puzzled over this contraption as well. Although, it also has some simularities to a transmogrifier. No, I didn't make this up. Somebody else did.
Really, I wonder what that contraption is?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks very CGI with the "just too shiney" golden glow. hard to tell.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

my sentiments as well
something you find on deviantart.com

[edit on 18-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It looks very expensive. Stainless steel. Floor drain? Two rigid, probably high pressure lines going into the round manifold...looks medical, but the room doesn't appear sterile enough...lots of fluid use...large hoses on the top...low pressure and high pressure...some sort of weird centrifuge....doomsday device, yup, that's it....for tearing a hole in time-space.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Couldn't guess what it does but it looks like a larger version of the things with flanges on the top that are in the tank behind it. That's almost certainly an o-ring groove around the flange of the large one and what looks like heating/cooling lines coming through. It would be a mighty fancy heat exchanger but who knows in mighty fancy industry like pharma or high grade chemicals. It's a nice piece of work, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The type of lighting and metal kinda makes me think of an explosion proof room........or beer, like the color. MMM, brewery?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Liquid chilled paddle mixer for ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc... Hey, it could be! I'm bettin' it's gonna be something basically normal.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Its the unit for making liquidfied gas.

Super cold liquid hydrogen is pumped through the flat part and a compressed gas is pumped in to cool and liquidfie.

if you can't baffle them with brilliance.
feed them a line of BS.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Its probably the next iPhone generation, 'iPhone Gold'

Ahhh nevermind that, another night at the bar, why am I so lost?

Well, from what can be seen in the pic, everything has the same golden look, so i am betting this pic has been modified, do you happen to have the original picture so that we can check the file info?

I just can't find a reason why everything, 'every single thing' on that room is the same color or material, do you have any?

God, i hate the word, but i gotta say it, CGI? original image manipulated to look like this? completely CGI image?

How long do you expect to wait? do you realize that if you wait for too long people will start thinking that you posted this only to gain points and that this is a premeditated hoax? i mean, why retain the source or explanation and ask for people to post replies to your thread if not to gain points and starts, flags? do you see what i mean? at some point, someone will throw the first stone..

Kai

Oh yeah, the shiny part in the flat side, looks too yellow as if someone modified the image to gain that golden look, incidentally, i and think i made quite a few misspells and other similar horrific mistakes

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Kaifan]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join