It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ city considers adult curfew after crime spate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

NJ city considers adult curfew after crime spate

www.nj.com

Curfews might not be just for kids anymore in one city in northern New Jersey.

Officials in Paterson are considering one for people of all ages in a bid to curb violence after a spate of deadly shootings.

Several experts say they believe it would be the nation's first curfew of its type to include adults. The state ACLU says it would open Paterson to legal action.

The curfew would last for two months and would bar people from loitering outside from midnight to 7 a.m. Violators would face up to a $2,000 fine and 90 days in jail.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is not far from where I live in NJ. People tend to avoid Paterson in these parts so I don't know how bad it really is these days. When I worked there about 15 years ago it didn't seem so bad although there were parts you simply did not go to.

I my opinion this is an illegal move by the city and it will never stand. All city residents should not be made to suffer because of the actions of a few thugs in certain areas. This will lead to harassment of the public by the cops and will cause the public to trust the law even less.

Its kind of like declaring marshall law only at the city level.

www.nj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Needs a bump. How would anyone on ATS feel if a curfew was imposed on you in the town or city you live?

I would be pretty angry if the police started hassling me for walking around after midnight in my own neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So they will take the rights away from everyone because of the few who are doing the crime? Do they really think that will keep the punks at bay? Its just like guns. Take them all away and the crime goes away? I say we have a "no police day" and let the citizens sort it out.

What a joke and a bunch of panzzies to let this happen. If I were there I would revolt....

new topics

top topics

join