It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Star Disc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you are questioning that the alignment of the stars on the disc don't resemble the actual stars, that is pretty silly. Why not then also say that the moon is not a sliver as depicted on the disc but circular?

The important thing is that we have worldwide records of the "Seven Sisters". Almost every culture on earth has a historical record of them.

The high visibility of the star cluster Pleiades in the night sky has guaranteed it a special place in many cultures, both ancient and modern.

The heliacal rising of Pleiades often marks important calendar points for ancient peoples.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read the info in that link, it includes a photo of the Sky Disc as well as information about world cultures and their association with the seven sisters.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is the most interesting thread that iv'e read in a long time.

When I look at the star cluster on the star disk it appears to me that it is Pleides.

It's amazing how much hidden histories exist throughout the world.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of it was being intentionally hidden for whatever various purposes.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I'm on the exact same wavelength as the comments you have posted.

I often wonder is this the first time the Earth has been fully populated or even this advanced.

There is Evidence all over the world of advanced civilisations.

Previous Nuclear Wars

When the London Underground was built remains of Lions, Elephants etc were found.

Tropical plants found frozen in Siberia.

Remains of Mammoths are constantly being pulled up by Fishermen in the North Sea.

Even Cities under the water (off the coast of Africa and Japan to name just a couple)

Many cultures say we are on the 5th cycle of man so what would happen if next week 80% of the worlds population was wiped out and the Earth reshaped.

Mankind would have to revert back to the simple life and the few pockets of survivors would start again.

History would start again and then in 3000 years they would get to this point in history with a new language, new society, new writings and what would they think of this archeoligical find:

Would they think Man went to the moon in a past civilisation or think its some form of mythological symbolism to the "Eagle God" of the "Moon"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Man thinks, cause he rules the earth,
he can do with it as he please.
If things don't change soon,
He will.

For man has invented his doom,
the first step was touching the moon.

Bob Dylan

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Oh yes, it's real!
Probably not hard proof for debunkers but the information on the disc can now be 'decoded'.

I only wonder WHEN and HOW people will connect the (Pleiadean
) dots.

And IF they are ready to accept that what has been hidden for so long.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
This is the most interesting thread that iv'e read in a long time.

When I look at the star cluster on the star disk it appears to me that it is Pleides.

It's amazing how much hidden histories exist throughout the world.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of it was being intentionally hidden for whatever various purposes.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

Yes .....

But still, the youtube videos, in my humble opinion, are misleading interpretation of the disc.

I did some investigation about this star disc, maybe 2 years ago and I do not see it as a calendar.

I see it as a map, with coordenates ets... a navigation chart.

As i see it that is not a sun boat, you will understand why I say this. The disc is incomplete, on the same spot they found the disc something is still to be found. A tool that works with the disc. They do not explain the holes all arround the disc. Also trhe marks on the so called sun boat... angles... and the 82 degrees ..lol that you can find in many many objects like this ..

or this

That Sun boat is this...

Look at this astrolab ..

images.google.pt...://www.aip.org/history/cosmology/tools/images-tools/nakedeyes-astrolabe.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aip.org/his tory/cosmology/tools/tools-nakedeyes.htm&usg=__AWhiMgaSI18TVXBINHDE8BsUhLc=&h=213&w=160&sz=10&hl=pt-PT&start=66&um=1&tbnid=H63EqVgcMFuyQM:&tbnh=106&tb nw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Degyptian%2Bastrolab%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Dpt-PT%26sa%3DN%26start%3D54%26um%3D1

Do some search..

Good Post... OP

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ups sorry...

I forgot to write something important about my investigation ...

The Pleides are just a reference pojnt. The important star is 1 of the others. Only by reading the "map" you can find the right one.

Its like a treasure map.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Very interesting.

It always astonishes me to think of the knowledge our ancestors had, makes me wonder, where it all began...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

thank you for that post.
that was an entirely new view on the topic for me, thank you!

I will look into this idea.

ps. the writting on that astrolab is weird!
here's another photo of it closer up
www.brill.nl...
what language is that?

[edit on 20-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Very interesting find. I have to agree that there seems to be more to the disc rather than being a simple calender or religious article.

Besides the holes around did you notice the grooves in close-up shots. Mabe this was made to sandwich to another item and the holes to hold a lever. Gears and levers.
Coral castle and missing peices comes to mind.
coral castle

S&f
peace

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Excellent thread (star and flagged). I am very interested in these ancient objects. They show that the ancients were very smart and ask the pertinent question of how old civilization really is. Did a catastrophe from over 12,000 years ago wipe out most of a great civilization?

Thank you for the article, and I will also follow it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just to give in an idea. Look at this video.

In the begining you can identify the 7 stars. 5+2 in the midle.

The rest of the video will give you the big picture.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join