It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the News Stupid!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what publishing system do you want for this site?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I'm thinking along the lines of a Cable News station, a website, some viral marketing, and a Print format distributed Nationally for free.

We can feature advertisers and even turn a profit, I don't mind, but we won't be corporate slaves, and we won't allow Propaganda or lies in any programming or ads!

I have the Domain "Modern Sense" reserved, as well as "GetReadyAlready" and I would love to do some Thomas Payne style writing! We even published one local newsletter under that name with the Constitution as the backdrop and a couple of quirky articles meant to be funny, and raise awareness at the same time!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Is anybody on here rich enough to start a "Real" fact based news channel?

I will volunteer all the time I can! We can have the most boring anchors, all they have to do is speak the facts. We can have the most boring statistics, because we won't have to skew, edit, or scale them.

We will need a really large security budget though!

Dan Rather has been trying to use his reputation and clout to do that exact same thing to get News and Guts Media off the ground as an Independent News Source that reports the news rather than comments on it, and tells it as it is without bias, influence from sponsors, or with concern to ratings.

It's been one heck of an uphill battle, and far more difficult than he had imagined. I can only imagine how nigh impossible it would be for someone who isn't Dan Rather to accomplish, no matter how much money you had.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
STILL the best thread on the boards.
I think it's funny to have some folks comment on how billy-boy and sean are commentators and not news reporters, but....

O'reilly constantly calls himself a "Journalist", always. I don't know about that half-elf Hannity, never made it farther than 10 minutes into one of his side-shows.

Faux-news, sort of like "the onion", only not funny.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Wow! I hadn't heard of that. Is there any way we can help him? Partnership with ATS!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join