It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"5 Ways You're Treated Like A Criminal EveryDay"; Stand UP!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just have to comment on the US Airport security.

I agree that this is just a way to make the masses FEEL like they are more secure.

In the last couple of years we have traveled to Russia, Egypt, Greece, The Netherlands......most of EU etc

We had none of the Search and Rescue feeling in ANY of these countries! AND the security was Much Better =

Example:

We flew out of Orlando (to Amsterdan) with a change in Atlanta. Checked and checked. Shoes off, bags searched, poked and prodded....

Stayed with family in Holland for a few days before traveling to Italy. Changed planes in Austria.....

Austria Airport still has areas for smokers BTW LOL - side note for those that care.

Austria security - go through the scanner(s) and check Passport lines - no shoes off - no undressing...

They found a small pair of scissors (those little ones that look like a bird for sewing) that had slipped under the liner of my purse!

NOWHERE else found them.

Yea - 'our' security is wonderful

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Hmmm. this is a tough one....

All of the invasions of our privacy that you noted are products of other people’s bad behavior.

Does that mean we have to like it? NO

But, some of those things you pointed out like bag checks and receipt checks actually work to keep prices down. When someone steals from a store the price of the good that was stolen is distributed over the prices of all other items.

So, blame the criminals as much as you blame the managers of the store.

Maybe we should work on social reform and actually try and reduce crime. Education is the foundation of society.

So, next time you are mad that you may have been profiled for whatever reason try and use a little logic to understand why they do that.

One great example is the new way that grocery stores installed the anti theft devises in the chopping cart wheels. They reacted to the problem of people steeling shopping carts. That is the same as your examples about bag and receipt checks, it just isn't noticed because you don’t try and take a cart out of the parking lot.

So, grow up a little and realize that a lot of things we don’t like is the result of bad behavior not evil store owners.

Some “security” measures are reasonable, not all. The TSA thing is a joke... I say profile away and leave grandma alone. And yes, I would get profiled at the airport and often do when I travel

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And one more thing to add regarding copyrighted information.

Artists have always made money by preforming onstage at concerts, shows and events. Since the beginning of entertainment it has been done this way. Now that technology gives us the ability to enjoy media anywhere we want an entire industry was built up off this capability. An artist, an actual artist, or performer still makes most of their money performing in public places, and so they should! Entertainers are that because they enjoy entertaining, it should not be a career entered solely to seek monetary wealth.

More and more less talented people are getting into the industry and relying on digital editing and special effects to produce the same quality product that was released before the technological age. And because of this, less and less live events are being held. The corporations behind the entertainment industry are committing what can only be described as a fraud to the people consuming. Nearly anyone can be dressed up with enhanced vocals and release an album in this day and age. Chris Angel uses camera tricks and paid actors to perform his stunts. Camera tricks! You may as well be watching old episodes of Bewitched. And anyone, I do emphasize anyone could put together a show equal to that of Angel and become a master of illusion with and HD Camera and an apple computer with final cut pro.

As far as the Movie industry goes, I think someone needs to investigate why these companies are releasing major budget movies that are absolute crap. The latest Will Ferrel movie, Land of The Lost cost 100 million to make. 100 million! and it didn't even come close at the box office.
I have two theories behind this.

1.One: is that the Movie companies are making the majority of their profit off DVD sales and that is why they have the government strong arming the people of copyright.
2.Two: is that there may be some well thought out scam involved in paying people in the company while evading taxes. Or purposely taking losses to earn some benefit from taxes or government. Think about it. 100 mill for Land of the Lost? Who here has seen district 9. 30 million it took to make. LOTL = 100, D-9 = 30
Let that sink in a little, because the special effects in LOTL were crap. D-9 was one of the best movies to come in theatres in a long time. And to emphasize my point about good quality entertainment, D-9 is one of the first movies I went to that I didn't feel ripped off. In fact, I would go again to see it and gladly pay admission.
Most movies now feel like a waste of money.

As an investor, I dont see why any individual would invest into projects that have ridiculous budgets which can realistically only make 30-50 profit margin. D-9 is on its way to blow through it's budget cost and make a extremely profitable return.

Why aren't production companies looking to smaller projects with better quality scripts are more interesting plots? Blair Witch cost 35k to make and returned 140 million. Night of the Living Dead cost 114k and returned 12 mil. Those are damned good numbers as an investor.

Now look at the over budget projects that have come out:
Stealth cost:138 mil Gross:76 mil
Windtalkers 115mil 77mil
A sound of Thunder 80 mil 6 mil

Something seems off to those numbers and the fact that the projects were given the greenlight to work on and finish the projects, I know people can't predict to a science what a movie is going to do but some of the bombs out there are really poorly put together.

Furthermore the director of district 9 was hired to do a adaptation of Halo and the studio claimed he went over budget. I don't have a reference link but I do remember reading that the studio blackballed Blomkamp in using more costly production techniques and ultimately quashed the project claiming it went over budget. Over budget?

link for movie numbers: www.the-numbers.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by irongunner

There has been crime and theft since the beginning of time. What about organizing a society that has enough viable jobs for its people. What about better planning and for the consumption of resources. Security measures may be in place to reduce crime but we do not address the root causes of crime. So I wouldn't blame the criminals because most of them never wanted to be that in their early life.

A good example is a story a Toronto newspaper did a year back. They showed during the 70's and 80's the amount of people that were employed by auto plants in Michigan. Slowly as jobs disappeared jails began taking there place. Within a thirty year period I believe it was something to the tune of 30-60, 000 people went from bring employed in the auto industry to being put behind bars. I do not have a reference but if someone could find that article or find the numbers behind the amount of people incarcerated today and the workforce 20 years ago it is definitely worth the research time.

As the auto plants shut down jails began popping up in their place.

We have an effect on who becomes a 'criminal'. We are an over populated species with poor planning and we do not utilize the resources we have for a sustainable existence at the current population. There will be endless amounts of 'crime' if our current habits continue because poverty is going to start squeezing the people at the bottom of society.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by fraterormus

Those are all good ones, but tip of the iceberg IMHO. Hopefully the SS America fares better than the RMS Titanic!

Absolutely, I agree with You a hundred percent. The problem is People don't seem to realize this.

Many of these can easily be seen for what they are.... Your right though, tip of the ice berg.

Absolutely, THE ABSOLUTE most IMPORTANT RIGHT we have all forgotten is PROPERTY RIGHTS.

Read ANY common law on property rights and what does it say, "The right to own property also encompasse the right to USE that property and to dispose of that property." Thats a brief description.

A car is property, a fishing pole is property, a gun is property and so on. The government, STATE OR FEDERAL... CAN NOT restrict the use of your property in ANY way through LICENSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A license is restrictive and gives one a benefit over another who has no license. It allows one to do what another can not do lawfully. It grants permission to do a thing that without license would be illegal. Where is Equal Protection under the Law. Equal Rights?

Read that AGAIN!!! Does that make sense to you? That means you DO NOT NEED a hunting license or fishing license or marriage license or drivers license. This has been the BIGGEST fraud on the American People.

Like so many have stated before.....WAKE THE H*LL UP ALREADY!!

Through deceit and constructive fraud the governments have taken away your rights, made you into a corporation which THEY CONTROL.

Please for heavens sake or someones sake, anybody's GD sake, understand that in it's simplest terms. If WE THE PEOPLE would just stop caving to the governments of our states, call our representatives and let them know they have committed federal felonies in passing these "laws" which are unconstitutional, not only against the U.S. Constitution but every state constitution as well. I have sent in numerous letters to the Attorney General, Governor, State Dept. and DMV, it's not funny. The reply I got was from the DMV only, and I returned another letter citing so many court cases it wasn't funny. There are literally tens of thousands out there that have beaten the License laws.

And cops are "trained" to be arseholes. They study "Criminal Justice"? I have heard of Common Law, Constitutional Law, Corporate Law, Equity Law but never have I heard of such a thing as "Criminal Justice"? I assure you that DOES NOT include the Constitutions or Common law at all. I think it educates them on how everyone is a criminal and how to bring us to justice?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have found a great way to get back at the "bag check" people in these super stores. Make them do their job. I have held up a store front door and seen the line grow as I opened each bag and shoved the receipt into the checkers hands with a smile. If they feel it is their "right" to post someone there to rummage through my recent purchase, then I feel it is my right to piss off everyone of their customers that I can by making them do that job. Its a little bit of topsy turvy back onto them. Something so blatantly obnoxious will rile up enough of their customer base that they will have to change their practice.

As to something that I hate in this new world of police state mentality? Going to concerts. The last one that I went to took over an hour to get in through the line that already purchased tickets. Why? Wanding. A line for males and a line for females. Divided and scorned for having the nerve to attend the venue. Padded down, then wanded. Every single individual with intent to enter...GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!

As to the flying commercial? Only when there is no other option available.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have to comment on a recent stop at a small Canadian airport.

I borded a small plane with a bunch of other oilfield workers way up north. The little airport is too small for screeners to be present. So the plane flies to another small airport that does have screening and then after you exit the plan get your bags go throught the screening process you get to re-check your bags and reboard the same plane. Anything you leave on the plane gets tossed, including drinks purchased in the first airport or clothing. All because no plane may fly into a major airport unless all passengers and luggage are screened first. So it adds about 1 hour to a flight for this out of the way detour and screening process.

Anyways one of my cases (checked luggage) is a pelican case with the foam inside. They spassed when they realized that there was electronic inside the case. I had to be searched, the case was taken apart because I had a projector and a dvd player in there with 2 small speakers. I had been teaching a class. So even though the exact same case had gone through the "higher security" of a major airport this small one starts acting like I'm going to blow up a plane or soemthing. It delayed the flight an extra 45 minutes as they made me set up all the gear and prove it worked, they wanted to take apart the projector but I pointed out they would be personally responsible for fixing it. They also swabbed my clothes and the case with special wipes looking to see if there was any explosive residue.

I know someone else who I work with who got an internal inspection at the same airport. It seems that the hydrocarbon residue we all pick up from the oilfield equipment at the plants sometimes gives a false positive on the wipe clothes. So at least I didn't have that little experience to enjoy.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It's just too bad that in our current society we aren't allowed on some big world wide electronic communication facility of some kind.

You know, where you can exchange ideas with other people, where you can post you innermost fantasies and paranoias and not have anyone tell you otherwise. Where like minded individuals could get together and yell bitch moan scream and complain about our elected officials our criminal "police" officers and the NWO who control every aspect of our lives ....

SIGH

yea, that'd be great.
If only we had something like that..... then I could cope.

Then maybe I'd be able to put up with a disinterested baggage nazi looking through my poersonal belongings bringing me psychosymatic abused trauma for the rest of my life.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
High all,

Gawd, Gawd, I've been reading the comments, and I am surprised. The list of 5 stayed as they were in the article, but I am amazed at how many People have had the unfortunate experience with any of them.

Number 5 as I've said throughout should have been written differently; something along the line no dividing in order to conquer. It seems as though the NWO seeks out all People that can be separated from the herd; then they give them the 9th degree.

Many of You like threekings have had excellent posts. I think it was ROCKPUNK that brought the below to mind, but I'm not sure...any ways.

I wanted to mention something that has bothered me before at the TSA SHOE'S OFF command.....................

What about FOOT ROT, ATHELETES FOOT, or any other communicable foot disease/virus???

I didn't really think about mentioning it until I read so many People having issues with it.

When I go through the TSA screeners I'll wear 2 pair of socks just for the FOOT ROT issue.

I recommend it.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What about FOOT ROT, ATHELETES FOOT...

Powdered aspirin works wonders on atheletes feet and any other fungus like planters warts. Put it in your socks and watch them go nuts..COCAINE COCAINE!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What irritates me the most about the city I live in is how you can be arrested if you don't have any ID on you and are stopped. I mean if you are walking down the street and a cop just decides to stop you. If you don't have "suitable" ID you are taken to JAIL and cannot even bail yourself out until someone brings your ID downtown. If not then you have a lovely night of sleeping on the floor with all the unsavory types you would expect.

When did it get to the place that you have to prove who you are to walk to the corner store? It is all done in the guise of public safety.

I really do hate having to leave my bags at the door of stores and let those people know that if anything comes up missing they are responsible. Most of the time they don't even watch the rack where everyone piles their stuff up and I have known several people whose stuff was stolen off the rack to prevent theft.

We will wake up alright, when we are all locked in armed camps.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
What irritates me the most about the city I live in is how you can be arrested if you don't have any ID on you and are stopped. I mean if you are walking down the street and a cop just decides to stop you. If you don't have "suitable" ID you are taken to JAIL and cannot even bail yourself out until someone brings your ID downtown. If not then you have a lovely night of sleeping on the floor with all the unsavory types you would expect.

When did it get to the place that you have to prove who you are to walk to the corner store? It is all done in the guise of public safety.

I really do hate having to leave my bags at the door of stores and let those people know that if anything comes up missing they are responsible. Most of the time they don't even watch the rack where everyone piles their stuff up and I have known several people whose stuff was stolen off the rack to prevent theft.

We will wake up alright, when we are all locked in armed camps.

There is a book called "You and the Police";

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250714705&sr=8-1

I suggest you read it. You DO NOT have to have an ID, you merely give the officer your name and that is all he needs. He must have probable cause or reasonable articulate suspicion that you have done something wrong. Otherwise it is called unlawful detainment.

Also look up Color of Law.

www.fbi.gov...

I suggest you get the officers name and badge number and document the day it happened, what transpired and how it all went down. File a complaint and go from there. You may even be able to sue the officer and city for unlawful detainment. Not carrying an ID is not a crime.

This is what makes me so frustrated. People do not read the law or understand their rights and their legal recourse. Shut the damn Television OFF and research what your rights are. Find a local group of patriots and learn from them. Do your own research on what they have to say so you know they are not full of it.

18 USC 241 and 242 are the statutes that protect your rights and make it a federal crime for officers who overstep their bounds of authority. Cornell Law University has all the legal code, federal and state. Read it.

www.law.cornell.edu...

WE ALL must stop these shenanigens from happening. I offer my opinion and experience as do others here. We do so in the hopes that most of you will take the time and learn. Educate yourself first then do what you can to educate others. Come together and act as one.

I was also hoping for a response to the previous post about licenses, suprised to see no one flew off the handle and went ballistic on me. I left out one very important thing and was hoping someone would react or comment with their knowledge........A state may not restrict your rights to hunt and fish, i.e. gather food, by licensing, they CAN REGULATE the season, what you gather, how much you gather. So you can only hunt when they say it's okay, you can only fish when they say it's okay. You may only "take" certain species and a certain number and size of fish, certain birds or mammals. This is to keep the food source healthy and strong. But that is all they can do, if you step over the line, yes they can take your equipment and rightfully so. You have violated others rights to gather food. I hope this makes sense to all of you.

Spread the word and use common sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
When I was young, and hard at work in the Electrical Construction business; I would take an evening walk later in the day; usually when it was cooler. I'd walk about 8 to 10 pm. The police always saw me.

I usually was wearing work clothes as the neighborhood was quiet without traffic, and I had no one to impress. Any ways all the police KNEW me; one night I was 'detained', and treated like ma absolute criminal for over an hour because I didn't have ID.

The cop acknowledgd he profiled me because I wasn't wearing an expensive "walking out fit with matching tennies"..

So, I sat on a curb with cuffs on in front of neighbors coming out of their homes.

He let me go, but I never took evening walks again.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i agree totally every time i take my mother shopping at walmart she hollers at me about letting the old lady door grreeter check my reciept i have tried explaining to her they don't have the right i am a former store security guard and in my state u can't even stop a perp once they leave curb but yhou can't stop inside store either. walmart implemented reciept checks after they saw how few people complain about it at sams club.

Receipt checking is a joke at Sams Club. I have walked out the door with my husband, three kids, and two carts full of stuff. What do the checkers do? Glance at the carts, glance at the receipt, and let you leave. They don't even check to make sure you don't have any thing in your cart you are not suppose to have.

The only reason I think they may have a a receipt checker is because they don't bag anything. They are just checking you actually paid. Someone could try to get smart, and walk out the store without paying for it, and act like they did.

Why would they do that at other stores especially Walmart where they have electronic sensors is beyond me. Never had a Walmart employee ask for my receipt even when taking three carts out at once. Yes, I do a couple of weeks worth of shopping at once.

I don't know exactly how the receipt check went at Walmart with the other poster. If it involved checking all the bags against the receipt, I guess they don't want to be bothered with such a large amount of bags to check. Could you imagine how long that would take?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm only going to comment on #2. That blame should fall on the thieves, not the stores. Place the blame where it belongs. People who steal, basically suck. Everyone should scorn them instead of blaming the victims.

That only happens in a few large cities where shoplifting is out of control.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Sundancer

I have long hair, small waist, and large breasts and I;ve been pulled aside so that a female TSA employee can check for who knows what in my hair and then lift and squeeze my breasts, which I'd at least like to be paid for lol.

You didn't happen to notice all the other male guards leaning over drooling while she did that eh? Just wait till they do the full body X-Ray scans they are trying to get into airports.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to pass threw again. Uh huh .. ok .. pause there.. now back up.. forward again.. a little slower.. could you jog in place for me?"

But only to the thin cute ones, or the ones who look like they have a good body. Possibly a body type that pleases the guard watching the scanner at the time. They will only probably put one of the other not so good body types through just to make it look like they are not singling out the good looking people in the crowd. If everyone has to go through, they will make the ones they prefer to look at stay there longer.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Those are all good ones, but tip of the iceberg IMHO.

Hopefully the SS America fares better than the RMS Titanic!

That's the thing about Facism is that it sneaks up on you. They don't take all your rights at once, because Freedom can't be taken away, so instead they trick you into surrendering them one by one. Before long, you've handed over your Freedom before you realized what happened.

Here's a link to an instructive story.

It's an oldie but a goodie. Think about it.

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, sorry, checking the receipt on private property is the right of the owner I would say. Not shopping there again is your right. Here's a more practical ones.

1. A drivers license - if you are not a commercial driver you really don't have to have one. It's a shake down scam.

2. Vehicle registration - if you are not using the vehicle for commercial purposes you really don't have to have one. It's a shake down scam.
3. Traffic tickets - no valid court - no lawful reason to interfere with your freedom of movement. The ticket is a contract they want you to sign to obligate you to their fake court. It's a scam. The take away your license if you don't sign is a shake down scam.

4. Being prevented from voting in local elections if your not a property owner.

5. Property taxes - no such obligation

6. Arrest without warrant - you can only be arrested if there is a warrant for your arrest issued by a grand jury. They can not arrest you or take you into custody and steal your car which has occurred. COPS, westerns and all the police movies and TV condition you to think talking to and being open with a cop is the right thing to do. They also promote the idea that the officer can detain and arrest at will. Never talk to the policy enforcers. They are skeptical of people mostly because they are guilty of conscience because in their hearts they know something is wrong about what they are doing and what they are told to do.

7. Grand Juries are only invoked by the district attorney. Any dozen or so people can get together and form a grand jury with subpoena power and any criminal charges the grand jury determines must be acted upon by the district attorney. That includes charging judges, district attorneys, policy enforcers. Corruption any where can be addressed by a peoples grand jury.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I cannot thank you enough for this information, I only wish I had this when I was living in the inner city. It is just ridiculous the way the Rochester, NY police have stolen our rights under the guise of protecting our citizens. If you are a black man in this city and you don't have your ID when asked off you go! The very next time this happens to anyone I know, now I know what to do. Truly thank you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Well, sorry, checking the receipt on private property is the right of the owner I would say. Not shopping there again is your right. Here's a more practical ones.

No doubt, but the NWO doesn't just operate though govt. It is also through the private sector; I believe that's all the box stores are doing is towing the line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join