It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Cures

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That's a great way to catch probably the best natural disease prevention nutrient: Vitamin D, from the Sun's rays.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wehere

you know where MacDonald s french fries are located to get heated yep right there just sit on it (uncomfortable but works)

[edit on 19-8-2009 by grimm703]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I told my friend about the aloe vera juice for acid reflux and this is what she wrote back:

My chiropractor suggested I take: one aloe pill, one fish oil pill, and one Formula 303 pill daily.

Since then, I've had ZERO acid reflux...haven't touched the medication.

My back inflamation has gone down almost entirely, and my digestive system is finally back to normal. Who would have figured a chiro could get me on herbal stuff and off prescription meds?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's a remedy for poison ivy...Banana peels!!! You can rub the peels on the rash, the potassium helps dry it out, and you can scratch the itch without fear of breaking open any blisters. Quite a relief!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Visit www.anniesremedy.com... for comprehensive lists of ailments and natural remedies.

I swear by skullcap. It grows prolifically, and treats a wide variety of ailments. It's anti-biotic, anti-viral and anti-fungal. It's got terrific analgesic properties. In low doses it's effective against anxiety, and in higher doses, can be quite sedative.

Mullein is another mainstay of my medicine cabinet. It's got a myriad of uses as well. With mullein around the house, my kids never suffered an ear ache for more than 10 minutes. Treats flesh wounds more effectively than Neo-Sporin, kills coughs in a single dose, and you can even die your hair with it.

Dandelion is the single most unappreciated botanical gift we have on this planet. Once a month, every month, my wife turns to a tea brewed from Dandelion and the pair above. The skullcap alleviates the physical discomfort as well as relaxes the emotions. The mullein serves as a digestive aid (she always gets heartburn along with cramps), and the dandelion's diuretic properties nip water retention in the bud.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
I told my friend about the aloe vera juice for acid reflux and this is what she wrote back:

My chiropractor suggested I take: one aloe pill, one fish oil pill, and one Formula 303 pill daily.

Since then, I've had ZERO acid reflux...haven't touched the medication.

My back inflamation has gone down almost entirely, and my digestive system is finally back to normal. Who would have figured a chiro could get me on herbal stuff and off prescription meds?

It's pretty amazing how omega-3's(fish oil), even in small amounts, are so anti-inflammatory.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wehere

WARTS-take an irish potato ,slice it in half.throw one half in the trash .rub the other half on your warts and place it on a windowsill and LEAVE IT ALONE and forget it for a while.when the potato half is completely dried the warts will be gone.if the tater gets bothered simply start over.i usually usethe smallest potato i can find cause it takes less time to dry.people with 20+warts on their hands have used this remedy successfully.i promise.

Normally, I would laugh, but since my grandmother did this to me when I was little (although with an onion, instead of a potato), I am a believer! Trust me, I was the wartiest thing that ever lived!!! LOL! I had probably 20 warts on one knee alone and who knows how many on my hands, arms, feet, etc. It was BAD!!! She did the onion trick and within a month, I swear on my life, they were ALL completely GONE. And they never came back. She has done this to numerous people and it always worked.

Just wanted to edit to throw in that there was no scarring whatsoever. They just went away and you would never know they had ever been there.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
WARTS-take an irish potato . . . .

Just wanted to edit to throw in that there was no scarring whatsoever. They just went away and you would never know they had ever been there.

A friend of mine had 'genital warts' and has tried everything under the sun.
Before I tell him to try this (cuz he laughs at every home-remedy I offer), can someone verify that this has worked for someone you know?

Don't need to know your details, just whether or not it's worked for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

By soft spot, do you mean the Fontinelle on head?

Really good thread op

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Aloe is fantasic for minor burns; especially sunburn.
All you do is snap of a piece of plant, and smear the sap over the effected areas. It does smell a little- but is an ancient and proven remedy.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Yes. That's what I'm referring to as that is what Wehere called it.

Do we rub clockwise or counter-clockwise on this area?
Or does it not matter?

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

As far as Diabetes goes:
A lot more people than before are getting Diabetes thanks to the USA overdosing everyone with high fructose corn syrup. Check the labels on sweetened products for real sugar, not HFCS. Avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible, with the exception of Stevia and Xylitol - actually, Saccharin is less harmful than Splenda (sucralose) and Aspartame (phenylalanine). Here's a little info:

integratedsupplements.typepad.com...

(When you have time, google "dangers of artificial sweeteners" and "dangers of high fructose corn syrup". There's a lot of info out there.)

For an all purpose "wonder pill" I'm going to have to go with olive leaf extract. This stuff is amazing, it helps get rid of (or avoid) bacteria, colds, flu, a lot of viral infections and other ailments. My daughter had a UTI the other night and I gave her a few ounces of the liquid olive leaf extract and the next morning it was gone. I get my supply here:

www.olivus.com...

(I'm in no way affiliated with this company, but I can say from personal experience after using this for several months - this stuff works for me.)

What else? I use virgin coconut oil for baking and also for dry scalp and hair, I massage it in at bedtime and then wash my hair in the morning. It makes a fantastic skin moisturizer, too. This oil as well as the coconut fruit itself has medicinal properties. Coconut oil is very healthy, it's up there with olive oil for a good fat to consume.

www.mnwelldir.org... (great article)

www.coconutoil.com...

And don't forget your vitamin D!

www.algaecal.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

it does not matter which direction that i know of. wheni did it on my kids it wasjust instinct and . i would just sit em up and rub,they werent always facing the same directionso it im pretty sure it doesnt matter but it definately works.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Tea has a substance in it called tannins. Tannin has a natural astringent effect that is both anti-inflammatory, and has anti-microbial effects. The stronger the tannin amount, the greater the effect.

But like most "herbal remedies" its not a cure-all. And applying tea to a wound like a recluse bite is not recommended. The body produces a inflammatory response to limit the poison from spreading to other tissues of the body. By stopping the anti-inflammatory response the poison has a easier time spreading to other parts of the body.

Also Vinegar tx's does have negative side effects like enamel erosion, and mouth\throat damage from acetic acid. And can minimize nutrient intake. Hence the "weight loss" effects. A rule of thumb is either to dilute vinegar with water or drink water after using vinegar.

H2O2 will damage healthy cells of the body, and drinking H2O2 is not only toxic to the human body, But also interferes with the body healing itself as well.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginseng, Licorice, ete is good to lower your blood suger levels. But a word of warning, This will not cure diabetes, and if your suger is low, these type of foods\herbs are not recommended. I am hypoglycemic, and I can not eat foods wth cinnamon in it, or I will send myself into a hypoglycemic crisis.

For aging, One of the best things you can do is eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids. Studies show that Cultures that eat mainly fish over other types of meat. Live longer, and are smarter. And it is rumored that Humans evolved "Large brains" after developing a Seafood diet.

Dark chocolate not only energizes you but also has a large supply of anti-oxidants that slow the aging process.

Blueberries also will significantly slow the aging process.

And it seemed the people who bragged about noni juice curing all thier ills, were always farting. So I guess a fart a day keeps the doctor away.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Rhubarb stalk for shingles so i have been reliably told
and diluted paraffin for ringworm an old farming cure

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nettles for any sort of allergy. My son spends a lot of time in the forest (doing his army conscription for a year) and he has no access to antihistamines. It's just as well because they don't work well anyway and they cause nosebleeds. Not a good thing. I told him to just run his hands and forearms through nettles whenever he sees them and to grab a few nice leaves to make into an infusion later on. He's done this with complete success all summer. His hands get minute blisters for an hour or so but it's not painful and he breathes freely for 24 hours. No nosebleeds and no side effects.

I'm not sure why, but I have absolutely no reaction to nettles. They are a little scratchy but only momentarily. About an hour later, I'll get a sort of strange feeling under my skin that I just love. I have no idea what it is but it's never a problem to walk through a field of nettles. It's a simply amazing plant.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My mom and I have always been into naturopathic medicine.

Some favorites:
Catnip
Peppermint
Omega 3 Oils
Vitamin E Oils (topically)
Chamomile
Rosehips
Cramp Bark
Parsley
Raspberry Leaf

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Cinnamon has been shown, in studies, to improve Insulin sensitivity which is tremendous for the Insulin resistant type 2 diabetics. Type 1's don't benefit anymore than a healthy individual.

There are some medical benefits to eating honey. Improving Insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels is not one of them. Honey consists of about 50% fructose and 50% glucose. In essence, it's sucrose(table sugar).

Like most carbohydrates, the ingestion of honey -depending on quantity- spikes blood sugar and insulin levels, a process that contributes to the development of type 2 diabetes.

-Dev

I believe it has to do with it being "raw" honey. As in not processed. I am still researching the combination. I know that the cinnamon to honey ratio is obscene. Basically as much cinnamon as you can get wet with the honey. Much more cinnamon than honey. Raw honey contains "enzymes such as invertase, diastase, catalase and inulase, which are aids to digestion and assimilation. It has all the B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, D, E, amino acids (great protein builders), proteins, plant pigments, aromatic compounds, healthful acids: acetic, citric, formic, malic, succinic." (see below link - pulled from Mircola website)

I have also been reading up that cancer can be treated with raw honey... something about honey-bee products "affect human cancer cells, researchers suggest they may cause cell suicide, which helps the immune system fight the development of tumors." Mercola

Again, still researching it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

thats great news

my daughter is 3 months and suffered with cronic acid reflux from week 1. nothing from the shelf worked until i got her onto homeopathics. she is reflux free now and a happy, pain free (sleeping) baby.

i am also going to immunise her using homeopathy

love this thread and thanks for starting. i have been using natural cures now for most of my adult years and i will never give my hard earned cash to the money hungry pharm companies again.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
almost forgot...
this is going to sound alittle strange and not a post i'd write every day (and alittle gross) though true.

my baby nephew was suffering from constipation and his grandmother suggested to insert parsley stork (take leaves off) in his rear end.

my sister inlaw decided to give it a go and after not evan a minute he had filled 2 nappies....bless

note: leave a bit of the stork out for easy removal and only leave for a few minutes then remove.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join