It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Cures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
for the acne seawater thing, can you just use sea salt and water and have it work the same?

i wanna try that out.

yes just use it daily once to twice a day as it could irritate or make the condition worse if its used more then what i stated (it is known that sea salt kills bacteria/dead skin ect )

[edit on 18-8-2009 by grimm703]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

that sounds simple enough. im gonna try that next time i have a headache. i think being outside in general just makes people feel better, instead of inside a stuffy house

Try drinking water first, if you haven't been. Headaches are a sign of dehydration. When you feel like eating something but your not really 'hungry' can also be a sign you need to drink more water.

Notice I said 'water' not 'rehydrate with various beverages that may or may not contain alcohol or caffeine'.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Don't forget plain old salt water (via a neti pot) for sinus infections. I'm a pharmacist, and when I used to work in a retail pharmacy, I would always recommend using a neti pot (a little teapot that you use to irrigage your sinuses with saline water) for sinus infections. It works great...it's been used for thousands of years... it's a lot cheaper than antibiotics.... you don't need a doctor's prescription....and it doesn't promote antibiotic resistance.

It doesn't hurt, either...I've used it myself.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
If you want Natural Cures, then I suggest you look for kevin trudeau natural cures. He has the BEST natural cures on the whole wide web.

A friend of mine bought his first book, but it had no cures in so she sent it back and got a refund.

I bought his revised edition that contained 50 remedies, and found it highly suspicious he recommended getting a colonic for 30 consecutive days for a number of conditions. Ridiculous.

Some of the remedies I agree with, but I would just check the book out from the library for free and then photo copy the pages that had actual remedies.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Think what you want about Kevin Trudea and "Natural Cures". While it is pretty obvious he is a charlatan of some sorts, the cures in his book are the same as you can find searching elsewhere. He just does the homework and makes you pay him for it. Ticks me off that people contunually attack him because he is trying to make money. We all have to make money to survive, unfortunately that is a fact of life. At least he is selling something that can actually benefit people instead of the quack doctors selling you drugs that you don't need.

Honey and Cinnamon will also stop diabetes. Honey or Aloe Vera on cuts/burns makes them heal in half the time. Apple Cider Vinegar before meals will stop indigestion and heartburn. Eating whole wheat bread when you have hunger pains will take them away and help you attain your natural weight. These all have worked for me.

There are natural cures for just about anything that can found with a simple google search. Buyer beware though. there is a bunch of charlatans out there who will give nothing beneficial for your money. It is also true that once certian diseases progress too far, they cannot be cured with natural means. Medical science is the best chance at that point.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
Don't forget plain old salt water (via a neti pot) for sinus infections. I'm a pharmacist, and when I used to work in a retail pharmacy, I would always recommend using a neti pot (a little teapot that you use to irrigage your sinuses with saline water) for sinus infections. It works great...it's been used for thousands of years... it's a lot cheaper than antibiotics.... you don't need a doctor's prescription....and it doesn't promote antibiotic resistance.

It doesn't hurt, either...I've used it myself.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nikiano]

yes neti pots! i worked at a holistic/yoga center and everyone SWORE by the neti pots. I never used them but id like to try it out

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
honey and cinnamon are good for diabetes? do you mean as in sweetening things with those instead of artificial sweeteners? my dad has diabetes and im always trying to find things that can help him

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
mine is eucommia tea for high blood pressure. not only does it lower my bp it makes me feel wonderful after drinking it... in a natural way... so i know my body must love the stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Ticks me off that people contunually attack him because he is trying to make money. At least he is selling something that can actually benefit people instead of the quack doctors selling you drugs that you don't need.

That's not the only thing that bothers me about his book. He presents you with all this information to get you angry or fearful, but no means to take action and make change that matters.

As a textbook writer, I have a problem with buying a book that is supposed to tell you about, say, the liver & gallbladder cleanse, but doesn't actually tell you HOW to do the cleanse. Nope! There's another book or website you need to buy to get that (especially when it's the author's website you're being referred to and have to pay a membership fee to get the information that you THOUGHT you were getting in the book).

I don't have a problem with people making money, but I have a problem with people milking others and using deceptive marketing. Should he get paid for doing the research and providing it to us in a book that is all in one place? Absolutely! But the information should actually be IN the book.

These home remedies / natural cures should not cost a small fortune to learn about when many of these remedies are in the grocery aisles. I think this is why many people cave and just get script from the M.D.

CURE FOR TENSION HEADACHE STEMMING FROM YOUR NECK:

Items needed:
1 hand towel (approximately 12" x 24" or 30cm x 60cm)
1 wash closh (approximately 12" x 12" or 30cm x 30cm)
Essential Oil of Lavendar

What to do:
Grab a hand towel
Fold in half twice
Roll up the towel
Run under water
Squeeze water from towel
Place in microwave approx. 1 minute (depending upon power of oven)
Drop several droplets of E/O Lavendar onto the outside of the towel
Roll up towel inside dry wash cloth

Sit in high back chair (or sofa) or lay down placing the roll under your neck. It should warm up and soften the muscle tissue from the bottom of your skull, neck and lower neck (aka: shoulders or upper traps)

When you feel the neck roll cool off, remove.

** Be careful that the towel is not too hot or you may burn yourself
** Make certain to squeeze out enough water so you don't soak your furniture.

P.S.
If there is a cure you'd like me to check on from the book U2U me and I will look for it. Save your hard earned $$. We're in a depression now.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

yes neti pots! i worked at a holistic/yoga center and everyone SWORE by the neti pots. I never used them but id like to try it out

The key with Netti pots is to use them before you need them instead of waiting until you feel sick. I used it daily to clear my sinuses for two weeks. Then I went to once or twice a week. If I feel something coming on or been exposed to someone who is sick, I use it every day for a week or until all symptoms subside.

This has prevented me from getting the usual annual bouts pneumonia and/or bronchitis with sinusitis & asthma for several years now.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i agree. i looked at that book and laughed because it just kept telling me to buy other crap in order to get these "recipes" for cures. a bunch of bull if you ask me

arent natural cures supposed to be free? why do we need to buy a bunch of books in order to get useful information?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
POISON IVY-rub with the inside of a banana peel.

MINOR BURNS-run under warm [not too hot] water or blow with warm
breath at least 3 times.cold only traps the"fire"in there to continue burning.

SINUS HAEDACHES [CONGESTION]-take 2 small strips of orange peel about 2 inces long and 1 cm wide[depending on nostril size],stick one in each nostril [orange side in white side out].your nose will immediately begin to pour so have tissues ready!

INFANT STRANGLED ON MILK or FORMULA-rub their softspot in a circular motion with yor fingers.

WHEN AN INFANT or TODDLER BUMPS THEIR HEAD HARD-immediately rub with vaseline and it wont knot,bruise or throb.[may also work on older kids and grownups,but my crowd are all too stubborn to admit they're hurt].

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
wow, im gonna try that orange peel idea next time i have congestion. stuffiness is the worst feeling in the world

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i can vouch for each one .i've personally tried them all.of course part of the success of these home remedies is that the"patient"BELIEVES" it will work.i forgot one really good one.

WARTS-take an irish potato ,slice it in half.throw one half in the trash .rub the other half on your warts and place it on a windowsill and LEAVE IT ALONE and forget it for a while.when the potato half is completely dried the warts will be gone.if the tater gets bothered simply start over.i usually usethe smallest potato i can find cause it takes less time to dry.people with 20+warts on their hands have used this remedy successfully.i promise.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
HOME MADE MOSQUITO REPELLENT-in a squirt bottle mix some vanilla, baby oil,liquid fabric softener[downy]and water.unsure of exact amounts because i made this in a hurry one day when i was broke and desperate.it worked great and smelled wonderful.dryer sheets tucket in your hat or collar or pockets[ left dangling] will ward off gnats.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

how in the heck do i get my a$$ in the microwave?

[edit on 8/19/2009 by wehere]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wehere
WARTS-take an irish potato ,slice it in half.throw one half in the trash .rub the other half on your warts and place it on a windowsill and LEAVE IT ALONE and forget it for a while.

What direction do we rub the soft-spot on a baby? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? Or does it not matter?

What happens if I don't throw away the other half of the potato I don't use? And I place it on the windowsill too? Do I get twice as many warts? Or do they just migrate to the other side of my body?

I've done the dryer sheet thing for mosquitoes too. Just tye it to your belt or use a safety pin on your shorts when you go camping. You look like a doofus, but you smell nice and don't itch.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Natural cure? Anything that resides in nature. To feed the organism of your body to keep it alive is to feed yourself with alive foods from nature. That would be fruit, greens and veggies known as the "raw food diet".

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Cinnamon has been shown, in studies, to improve Insulin sensitivity which is tremendous for the Insulin resistant type 2 diabetics. Type 1's don't benefit anymore than a healthy individual.

There are some medical benefits to eating honey. Improving Insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels is not one of them. Honey consists of about 50% fructose and 50% glucose. In essence, it's sucrose(table sugar).

Like most carbohydrates, the ingestion of honey -depending on quantity- spikes blood sugar and insulin levels, a process that contributes to the development of type 2 diabetes.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I know that after going to the beach, I have the best complexion.
salt water also has a lot of minerals and other things. sO i have always wondered myself it it was just the saltwater, or more.

You can buy ocean water packets for complexions for those further inland.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join