It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Forces doesn't follow the Canadian Constitution - Vaccination info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Health Services Briefing - CF Vaccination Program

...The guide uses the most current evidence-based research available and consults with experts in the field of immunizations. Our program incorporates the Health Canada recommendations, which are exactly the same as those used for all Canadians.
Our program is based on the current "Canada Immunization Guide" and statements published by Health Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization.

When can CF members be ordered to accept vaccinations?

There are two scenarios where CF members can be ordered to accept vaccinations:
•when the disease is frequently life-threatening or has serious long-term consequences, or
•when the mission would be jeopardized if personnel were not immunized.

Ultimately, it is the chain of command that decides whether a vaccine will be mandatory or not.

www.forces.gc.ca...

which are exactly the same as those used for all Canadians. hmm lets see.

Immunization in Canada

Unlike some countries, immunization is not mandatory in Canada; it cannot be made mandatory because of the Canadian Constitution.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

So the Canadian Military doesn't follow the Canadian Constitution? Immunization Canada states its not mandatory to take a Vaccination, but it clearly states on the DND site it can be made Mandatory. Last time I knew we were still in this Country called Canada.

Is their a way for me to fight this if mandatory vaccination every happens in the CF?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Blundo]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's a matter of having the soldiers sign release forms. Noboby knows their rights anymore and the government is counting on that.

Furthermore the military makes a great testing ground for such a vaccine since it can be done hush hush and placed as classified.

I'm not surprised to see them start out here, and perhaps in old age homes where people turn a blind eye.

We'll have to see, the Military has alot of pull in Canada and are pretty much left to their own vices.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You can refuse the vaccination and hope you get lucky at the court martial. I only know of one case of this nature - Srgt Mike Kipling refused the anthrax vaccine and won on a charter vioaltion. The ruling was overturned on procedural issues but the DND never pursued a second court martial.

I suppose an argument might be made that by not retrying him, they have opened the door for refusals. I don't know if it would get you anywhere, but it's better than having no argument at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
When it does happen, I don't think ill be the only one to refuse it because with so much controversy about the swine flu vaccination the court rooms will be full in notime.

Their is so much info by doctors saying it bad and you should not take it.

I can see it being in the hundreds if not thousands, unlike the one case on the antrax vaccination issue by the Sgt, which never had as much controversy as this vaccination.

top topics

join