It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by calihan_12

I'm not even going to question your story as it doesn't matter. In fact, I'll accept it 100%.

It actually makes me ponder even more.
You see, if the system is powerful enough to suppress these cures as it stands now, just imagine how powerful the system would become if you tried to cut it at its throat?

More than likely that was simply the pharmaceutical industry that isolated the man in your story.
In the suggestion, you now have the textile industry, the chemical industry, the pharmaceutical industry all combined under the umbrella of the Government itself.

Cast all of those aside and you have nearly nothing.
Nothing to build on.
Not for a long, long time.

I'm beginning to see your view point, and I couldn't disagree more strongly.

Looks to me like You're operating in a big business paradigm and can't see beyond it.

Take the thorn out of your foot and you'll run much faster.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Great thread.... S&F from me

I knew Hemp had saome great advantages but i never thought it had as many as you mentioned..... I knew about material usage and Medicinal Usage!

I tell you why Hemp will not be used for all what you say, it's because there's no Money in it as some others have mentioned because anyone could grow it and do all what you say but if you are caught growing it you would get done illegal possession of drugs even if this was not your purpose for growing it......

One way the World could implent this is by refusing to work anymore until we get a license to sow, grow and use it for the purposes you mentioned....

Schools don't teach about Hemp usage do they?

Just think.... if we had made full use of Hemp from back in the day..... Evironmental problems may not be here today ...

WE CAN CHANGE IT IF WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND PROTEST..... WE CAN GET RID OF GOVERNMENTS AND WE CAN GET RID OF GREEDY CORPS.... THEY ARE KEEPING THIS FROM THE PUBLIC EYE..........

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I agree with what you are saying but i think if we try to rely on any 1 plant source as the answer to all our problems the demand would be so great that the whole thing becomes unworkable. I remember watching a documentary that said that ethanol from sugar cane was a great idea as long as it was used in conjunction with other alternative solutions. Ultimately it might not be possible to run the world on bio fuel alone. At least not for very long.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

*You can make paper from hemp, and it is acid free. Think of what good this could do for the environment. You would no longer have to cut down billions of trees. Not to mention hemp is far superior to wood and hemp paper is three times stronger and more durable than paper made from wood.

It is actually 33% less acids to recycle also.

Also because when someone says hemp people think pot and dont realize that it is a completely different plant, it is weeds cousins.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by CrashGecko]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Actually a few weeks ago I went to the grocery store in the organic ssection and bought myself 'hempmilk" it's not bad actually and good for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
but see? thats just what i mean. its NOT even a drug, at all, in any way, and yet we cant talk about it.

On a site like this where people should feel free to speak and not be judged about the stories, conspiracies, and information they share, I sure feel the moderators of this site should not be such hypocrites.

we can talk about anything else in the world, from aliens to government conspiracies to god knows what else, and yet we cant even so much as mention anything pertaining to "drugs"? thats the reason this country is so messed up in the first place. People claim to open minded but they shut down anything they disagree with or are afraid to talk about.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by calihan_12]

No no no, you can talk about drugs as long as they are the Governments drugs, they have no problem shoving "prescription" meds down peoples throats but OH MY GOD a a strong multi use plant that could solve alot of problems, no we must ban that plant before it ruins our businesses...errrr.. i mean youths. Yes, that's right The youth of american is in DANGER!! Ban this plant or risk losing your children!!

Obviously an exaggeration in the above paragraph, but nonetheless it's representitive of what the real deal is reguarding hemp and in a way marijuana too, just makes no sense, it's a control thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yes, hemp would save the planet and I'm just the person to talk about it!

First off, let me lay out some basic points on why hemp is illegal today.

"Hemp, or cannabis, or marijuana was outlawed in 1937 because it threatened the nation-less corporate interests of - William Randolph Hearst ­ and - DuPont. They had to get rid of the competition. - Hearst's yellow journalism newspaper chain wrote scathing stories about "marijuana" - a word he made up - because he knew no one would believe them about hemp, which George Washington himself grew hemp.

The decorticator, a state of the art hemp harvester, led Popular Mechanics to call hemp the New Billion Dollar Crop. - - Because of printing and bindery lead time required for publication, this February 1938 article was actually prepared in the spring of 1937, when cannabis hemp was still legal to grow and was an incredibly fast-growing industry. - - Newsprint could now be produced far more cheaply than any other method, and one acre of hemp could produce as much newsprint as four acres of forest trees. - Hearst owned vast timber acreage and competition from the hemp industry might have driven his paper manufacturing out of business. He stood to lose millions of dollars.

DuPont stood to lose on two fronts. DuPont owned the patent for converting wood pulp into newsprint and supplied Hearst with the necessary chemicals. Secondly, in the 1930s DuPont was gearing up to introduce nylon and other man-made fibers, along with synthetic petrochemical oils, which they hoped would replace hemp seed oil used in paints and other products. The decorticator meant that hemp fibers could be manufactured as fine as any man-made fibers. DuPont would lose untold millions of invested dollars, plus an estimated 80 percent of all future business, unless hemp was outlawed.

DuPont's financial backer was Mellon Bank, owned and chaired by Andrew Mellon. - - Andrew Mellon at the time was also Secretary of Treasury Department, which was in charge of drug taxes - -, i.e., prohibition - -. Harry Anslinger, commissioners of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, which answered to the Treasury Department, was married to Andrew Mellon's niece. Thus they had the power and the means. - Anslinger's lies about hemp were repeated endlessly in Hearst's newspapers. Stories about marijuana, the killer weed from Mexico, instilled fear and completely misled the public that the weed was, in fact, just good old hemp.

Cannabis hemp was not prohibited because it was dangerous. Indeed, for thousands of years it was the world's largest agricultural crop used in thousands of products and enterprises, producing the majority of fiber, fabric, lighting oil, paper, incense, medicine and food. - No, cannabis hemp was prohibited to protect the Hearst and DuPont corporations from devastating competition, as well as appealing to the overt racism stirred up by Hearst's yellow journalism."

Complete quote taken from:
www.venusproject.com...

Cannabis was made illegal not because of its psychoactive properties, but in reallity to get rid of hispanic population in the southern states. The great depression caused many out of work persons to struggle for even the smallest bit of work, there was just to many, the majority being hispanic in what was racial tensions.

Few facts:
-The original testament of the bible was written on hemp paper.
-Hemp is the strongest plant fiber in the WORLD.
-50% of all pesticides is used on cotton, hemp does not need pesticides.
-Henry ford built a car out of hemp plastics and ran it on hemp ethyl, he believed the world could run off of plant fuel(s).

There are THOUSANDS of facts on hemp, it would literally RESHAPE agriculture in todays society.

If your interested in the 25,000+ uses of the miracle crop please check out some sites on the OP's subject.

www.hempcar.org... Hemp car history

www.hempcar.org... Same site, but info on a current hemp car that has used 600 gallons of hemp fuel and toured ~13,000 miles.

www.venusproject.com... Hemp facts reasons for it being illegal

hempbasics.com... Excellent site for uses via hemp.

-Psychonaught

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nocty

Hemp is not a causin of Cannabis, and please quit calling it 'Marijuana' that is a propaganda-made word.

Hemp and cannabis are the same plant, both of which have positive uses in several different fields, please refer to my other post above.

Thanks.

-Psychonaught

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i was just going to say the same thing that Psychonaughty said.

it basically also threatened the textile industry in a big way, that was also one of the main reasons it was thwarted.

and wasn't Sathington Willoughby a suspect too?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Done.

Sorry folks... the stoner trolls have taken over, so much for sustained intelligent and productive discussion on a topic that has a connection with drug-related issues.

It was a nice try, but it's time to move on.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join