It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
ive just gotta say, oregon rocks. i lived in portland and seaside and im telling you people there are advocates for change, and they really live their lives on it. (not all oregonians of course, but many!)

whereas talk about this in the deep south and you wont last a second:-/

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread, I have wondered myself given the insanely huge amounts of use for hemp and it's beneficial impact on the environment why it's not being used in the US, in fact it's decidedly not being mentioned at all. My thoughts on this are two fold, one is the older generations that lived through the whole reefer madness episode are idiots by and large. Well perhaps idiots is too strong as my parents are in that group, but they've been truly and thoroughly brainwashed. As such it's taboo, something to be advocated by the hippies and the commies. Interestingly enough the other end of the spectrum is the green movement itself by and large, or at least the leaders of the so called green movement. These folks want nothing that will conflict with their goal of human population reduction, preferably through abject poverty and the destruction of wealth for the masses of humanity. After all how often do we hear how the US is so dangerous because it's so wealthy. Hemp would give back much needed freedoms and opportunities for individuals to live off the control grid of standardized products and corporate services. I think blaming money for this is a mistake at best and disingenuous at worst. The real reason why hemp can't be made legal is it would significantly increase individual liberty and freedoms, and the ability to be indipendently wealthy, or at least financially okay. Plans which increase wealth or increase liberty are lacking in the solutions to a so called environmental problem. Why? Perhaps because the whole enviro movement really isn't about the environment at all, but about further consolidation of wealth and power and the restrictions of liberty and individual wealth. It is about the destruction of the human race in pursuit of some mythical pre-eden paradise where humans aren't around to destroy the landscape for some, and for others who are really in control it's a useful tool for further destruction of liberty and the imposition of a totalitarian governmental structure.

With that said, Star and flag for the OP, and I would hate to see this thread go away as it's a very well argued and on topic thread. Please lets keep it that way!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You don't do that by usurping that which the "system" is built on.

The system was built on you.

Who do you think has a right to control your life, You, or the Multinational corporations that purchase your governments decisions?

The system was already usurped... I just want to usurp it BACK.

You say that hemp can save the planet. Therefore, the lack of it DRIVES the planet.
If you take that fuel away (just like zero-point energy) you competely shatter the entire structure at the foundation.

Anything that is static in this reality, is dead.

Stagnation leads to entropy, and destruction....

Without a major restructuring of our entire civilization, we will not HAVE a civilization to maintain.

The foundations of society are already being eroded... we can keep the decaying remnants of it, or start new.

Doesn't matter much anyhow, it is what it is and if you think your voice, or your vote, is actually heard, you are mistaken.

This is where you are wrong...

You are reading this, as are others.

If I teach them a new way of perceiving the world, their behaviors will change in accordance with this perceptual shift.

This new behavior will teach others, and in turn, teach millions.

This is how thoughts have been propagated since the dawn of language.

Nothing happens in a vacuum, and every action can change the world.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I don't think location has much to do with it.
Myself, I am from the South, and I see similar sentiment all across the US.
The problem is how much attention it is given.

It is not about the people, but about the system the people wish to do in with.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
ive just gotta say, oregon rocks. i lived in portland and seaside and im telling you people there are advocates for change, and they really live their lives on it. (not all oregonians of course, but many!)

whereas talk about this in the deep south and you wont last a second:-/

I love Oregon, I swear if I left Michigan it would be Oregon or Washington State all the way.

Beautiful for sure in every way.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Retaking it is still taking it.
The question is "at what cost."

"Anything in this reality is dead."... Precisely the point. You create your ideal world and in 20 years it is taken over.
Change is the only constant in this world.

Sucks.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
yeah the people of my parents generation were def. brainwashed. i wont even get started on that but... they def were.

i just hate how so many people say "well i want change" but they DONT do anything to change. they still live their lives comfortably and support all the people they claim to hate.

its a lot easier to live simply, let me tell you.

i havent been happier in my whole life until a few years ago when i decided to change my life drastically.

i was even thinking about just living on the road for awhile and bike riding across america to oregon where my family lives, and staying with them for awhile.

its so great to have those freedoms. i know people say "well i actually have responsibilites and bills to pay" i get it... but... i dont right now and why not make the most of it while you can?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Edrick

Retaking it is still taking it.
The question is "at what cost."

No, the question is, at what cost do we let them keep it?

We have nothing to lose, and our lives to gain.

-Edrick

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

If I teach them a new way of perceiving the world, their behaviors will change in accordance with this perceptual shift.

-Edrick

this reminds me of the monkey complex. theyve shown that when one monkey does something different, monkeys even from entire other sides of the planet start doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

At the cost of seeing what the next Nike shoes will look like.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

At the cost of seeing what the next Nike shoes will look like.
2nd line.

Nikes?

"If a nation values ANYTHING more than freedom, it will lose its freedom: and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too"
-W. Somerset Maugham

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

yeah thats what many fail to realize. yes, we would be putting the bigger corps out of business...

but think of all the jobs hemp production would create! the jobs are endless really. ENDLESS.

You keep mentioning corporations that stand to lose out, but you completely skirt around the fact that there are a huge number of state and federal jobs, and a huge amount of funding and income that could be greatly effected by widespread legal growth of industrial hemp, especially in relation to it's ability to cross-pollinate. It has huge implications that can't really be discussed here at ATS, but this is a key factor at the root of your opposition, and I believe is the key factor.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sorry about the off topic.

I don't believe cross pollination will or has anything to do with Hemp please provide your sources or links, so we understand.

Update:

I just did a search/ Google check on what you may be inferring to regarding cross pollination.

Do not post it, because it is a slippery slope type information that leads into the thread getting trashed.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Yes, Nikes.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
haha that was an ... interesting.. video.

also to the other post above you, there would be many more jobs than there are now. . i mean if there were SO many state and federal jobs available, do you think so many people would be unemployed?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

but you completely skirt around the fact that there are a huge number of state and federal jobs, and a huge amount of funding and income that could be greatly effected by widespread legal growth of industrial hemp

You are implying that lower taxes are a bad thing?

If not, then explain please.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Edrick

Yes, Nikes.
2nd line.

Fine... Your next nikes would be made out of Hemp.

They would last you 10-20 years, be pest resistant, and would have less environmental impact than traditional Shoes.

How do you like those apples?

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
haha, that is true. those would be some killer nikes.. everyone would be jealous

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm saying anyone who profits off of the war on drugs will be absolutely no fan in any way, shape, or form of your cause. I am not sure that this is even an argument that is allowed on ATS, but I think it should seem obvious and be common sense.

I can't put it any simpler. Yes there are a large amount of government employees in all branches who have a very active interest in making sure you do not get what you want. Understand?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

-Edrick

this reminds me of the monkey complex. theyve shown that when one monkey does something different, monkeys even from entire other sides of the planet start doing the same thing.

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to point out that the 100 monkeys phenomenon is not true. It is an urban legend.

I do love this thread and i'm very happy that it is not closed...yet.

You have also made some very valid points and I like your state of mind

Regards.

Source

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join