learn more

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I don't need A Bug's Life to illustrate to me that the system is screwy. Believe me, I know it.
In any event, like I said earlier, this is a conundrum. Do you wish to seek exploration and happiness in this life, or do you have faith that through living a good life you will experience it afterwards.

You can advocate violence all you want, but to me, the plant isn't important enough to risk the total detriment of my mother's soon-to-be retirement account, just so I can feel good that I "stuck it to the man."

Sorry you disagree.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

hah, id like to see a person who gets any high from hemp. the day you can show me that ill pay you 100,000 cash, i promise. it just isnt possible, its been proven by plenty of people including harvard scientists

and lets not keep trying to get this thread discarded. i get your point, and maybe they should allow some more topics to be discussed, but discuss it outside of this particular thread if you want to keep it up

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I understand your frustration, I have been there myself. but can you discuss this U2U with the mod, so this thread is not closed. You getting this thread closed does not bring yours back and does not help the conversation at all. I personally do not agree with the ATS policy for drug related threads but rules is rules.

This thread is here and its generating a great conversation. Please dont try to get it closed to make a point.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
And it also does not matter if they are cross-pollinated, I'm not sure what negative consequences would come from this. It actually hurts the growers of the "other" plant, more than it could hurt the hemp.

That was the whole point? Did you not know that those growers, what they do, the "war" funding they generate, and the jobs, funding, and profits created by the trouble they get themselves into (and sometimes pay their way out of) are majorly protected? That is sort of naive don't you think?

If you won't believe that this would severely affect the growing locations and quality of other plants then I won't be able to convince you.

Look into eradication of wild hemp and how much is spent on it. It is the absolute truth that it could destroy the cultivated properties of other plants if grow on an industrial scale.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by maus80]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
those plants are to good,
thats why they are illigal. not because its a drog

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hmmmm....

I don't need A Bug's Life to illustrate to me that the system is screwy

You missed the point of that illistration then.

Believe me, I know it.
In any event, like I said earlier, this is a conundrum. Do you wish to seek exploration and happiness in this life, or do you have faith that through living a good life you will experience it afterwards.

What about the life that you leave to your descendants?

Does that not bother you?

Is it all just, What about me now, or in the hereafter?

What about those who inherit the world that you yielded to those you could have resisted, and overcome?

You can advocate violence all you want, but to me, the plant isn't important enough to risk the total detriment of my mother's soon-to-be retirement account, just so I can feel good that I "stuck it to the man."

Retirement account?

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I commend you for coming forward despite zealous admins we have on these boards. You can hardly speak of prescription drugs much less hemp.

I think the main problem is that threads such as these often end up with the typical 'stoner' posts and that is not really the topic.

As for Hemp, well it *IS* a mind altering plant. It changes your mind about how to help the environment, create sustainable and renewable resources and is good for you also - whats the problem!?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
And it also does not matter if they are cross-pollinated, I'm not sure what negative consequences would come from this. It actually hurts the growers of the "other" plant, more than it could hurt the hemp.

That was the whole point? Did you not know that those growers, what they do, the "war" funding they generate, and the jobs, funding, and profits created by the trouble they get themselves into (and sometimes pay their way out of) are majorly protected? That is sort of naive don't you think?

If you won't believe that this would severely effect the growing locations and quality of other plants then I won't be able to convince you.

Look into eradication of wild hemp and how much is spent on it. It is the absolute truth that it could destroy the cultivated properties of other plants if grow on an industrial scale.

No, I get what you are saying now. you were being vague(understandably) and i was not able to see the point you were trying to make. I agree with what you were saying. I was looking at it from the other side.

Star

Regards

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

You're right, hemp has many uses and would be a very resourceful plant to grow.

Perhaps that's the real reason it's illegal?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by oconnection
I commend you for coming forward despite zealous admins we have on these boards. You can hardly speak of prescription drugs much less hemp.

I think the main problem is that threads such as these often end up with the typical 'stoner' posts and that is not really the topic.

As for Hemp, well it *IS* a mind altering plant. It changes your mind about how to help the environment, create sustainable and renewable resources and is good for you also - whats the problem!?

nicely put. it certinaly is mind altering when you think about it in that way

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I leave this thread for a couple of hours and TONS of disinformation have overflowed into it! Cheeze-whiz guys! Learn to use Google.

If you live in the State of Oregon or the State of North Dakota, you do *NOT* need a DEA Permit to grow Hemp!

If you live in the States of Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Vermont and West Virginia you cannot grow Hemp, but you can make Hemp Products from imported Hemp either from outside of the country or from Oregon and North Dakota.

There is currently a bill before Congress called the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009 or H.R. 1866 introduced by Ron Paul that seeks to remove the DEA Restrictions on the growing of Industrial Hemp or any other agricultural product containing less than 0.3% THC. It is currently referred to the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. It is awaiting for final review on January 1st, 2010 when the federal delegation from Oregon shows up with SB 676 in hand to demand federal relief claiming State Sovereignty on the issue. The House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security will then either recommend the passing of H.R. 1866 or face being challenged in Court by the federal delegation from Oregon.

We've done it before with Medical Marijuana and Assisted Suicide. Oregon doesn't let some Federal Subcommittee tell us what we can't do when we've gone through the trouble to democratically pass laws that conflict with Federal laws.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
ha and that is why ive stated before, i love the state of oregon. truly, i do.

and thats great to hear its under consideration for legalization. that would be a huge step forward and i really hope they vote it in. if they dont.. im seriously going to lose faith in mankind

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I don't think this thread should be closed. And I hate to derail it. The fact is that hemp shows many of the same beneficial medical effects as ________. Nothing better you can for yourself than eat hemp seeds.It also has great industrial uses. Hemp should be legal.

I think all these topics should be openly discussed on ATS. I just don't understand why ATS get's in such a foot stamping tantrum throwing mode when intelligent discussions about 'taboo' subjects occurs. If they find people can't discuss these subjects on a mature level, then they should ban those people, rather than to stop all discourse. This is actually a very important subject as we find ourselves deeply entrenched in the debate about healthcare. Unfortunately, this type of attitude is exactly what is keeping us from the system we need.

I won't pollute this thread any longer.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I cannot speak my true feelings about the plant here on this website.

So, in order to participate in the subject at all, I feel that I should point out why it is illegal and what the ramifications of it becoming legal would mean to our society.

And with that, I am done with this thread. Good conversation, sorta.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i agree skepticalsteve and it IS unfortunate... but look this thread has managed to last mainly i think because people have been mature and stayed on topic.

its not until people continuously go off topic that a thread gets taken off.

there have been a lot of great arguments and info that people have taken away from it and thats great!

dont feel the need to leave the thread , just add to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

It is because this site wants to be known as a site that is reputable.
This site also knows that any "reputable" site that openly advocates the use of an illegal substance, in any way shape or form, will be thrown under the bus.

It would be all good if people could keep it in the realm of something that isn't illegal, like has been done here.
If the conversation is kept clean, it can stay.
But it won't be. This has been proven time and again.

If it goes on too long, the Government will have people shut it down by violating the T&C themselves.
This is just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yeah... the moderators are only doing what they are supposed to do, even if they wish it werent that way, it still is so we have to respect their guidelines while still questioning the system and the government and presenting what facts we know about an interesting topic

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention...

Hemp and Hops have the same number of chromosomes and are from the same genus. Conceivably they could cross-pollinate, although the likelihood of that happening in Nature unassisted is not very likely. They can be grafted, however. The resulting product is worthless for either Hemp production or for Beer production.

Hemps other cousin, contrary to popular myth, cannot cross-pollinate with Hops, nor be grafted.

As far as Hemp cross-pollinating with it's other cousin, it can happen in Nature unassisted very easily. Matter of fact, Hemp will cross-pollinate up to a 12km radius. However, the hybrid is an inferior non-heritage Hemp product with less than 0.3% THC. In actuality, Hemp is a deterrent to it's other cousin as it basically makes it's cousin extinct in that area within one harvest.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I don't think this thread should be closed. And I hate to derail it. The fact is that hemp shows many of the same beneficial medical effects as ________. Nothing better you can for yourself than eat hemp seeds.It also has great industrial uses. Hemp should be legal.

I think all these topics should be openly discussed on ATS. I just don't understand why ATS get's in such a foot stamping tantrum throwing mode when intelligent discussions about 'taboo' subjects occurs. If they find people can't discuss these subjects on a mature level, then they should ban those people, rather than to stop all discourse. This is actually a very important subject as we find ourselves deeply entrenched in the debate about healthcare. Unfortunately, this type of attitude is exactly what is keeping us from the system we need.

I won't pollute this thread any longer.

Please dont leave. That was not my intention. I am just afraid that if this thread gets derailed on those taboo subjects. they will close the thread instead of just regulating individual posts. I'm sure you have lots to add to this thread and I hope you do.

I completely understand your frustration but maybe if this thread can stay on task and remain open, it will make the owners of this site reconsider their current policy.

Regards

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
yes...
there is a 'valid'
reason for
the magic
plant
to be
illegal:
it is called
endless human