It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Economics 301- If you own all of the world's economies, 101 and 201 don't apply because you can play both against one another and still profit.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

We are talking about a completely different scale of cultivation here, I guarantee you it would really throw a huge wrench in the gears.

Consider that a large amount of money and manpower is spent to eradicate wild strains that can negatively impact other plants.

Industrial hemp *could* become cross polinated with its less than industrial brother...

So why bother growing it at all?

Is this your argument?

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Edrick

Yeah, I mentioned the purifying of water for a reason, although it seemed out of place.

I still don't think you are following.

You might have to spell that one out for me, or PM me with the details if you dont want to post...

Im not following you with why purifying water is a bad thing.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
yeah im pretty sure cross contamination just.. wouldnt happen. clearly if you know a thing or two about the difference between those two plants.. im not sure why the "other" plant would be anywhere near the hemp plants in the first place.

it just doesnt make sense and isnt adding a thing to your argument

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
yes but hemp is illegal to grow.. and telling people they cant grow something, but you can still sell hemp products.. doesnt make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

It is not Illegal to grow, just very hard to get an approval stamp.

Please read the post and links early in the thread.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
the only problem is if we all start using hemp to everything then the nitrogen would be sucked out of the soil faster than we could replace it. The plants would not grow after a few seasons.

The system is not sustainable on a mass scale.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

LOL actually, if you take the leaves of the plant, and put it in the soil, it will add the nitrogen taken from the soil back into the soil. Also, a wonderful plant to grow that adds nitrogen to the soil is white clover.

Hemp farming is a great form of sustainable agriculture. Being pest-resistant so pesticides are not needed. The plant also grows rapidly and close together crowing out weeds so it does not need herbicides.

The only fertilizer needed is the nitrogen you mentioned. But, as I mentioned, cover crops such as white clover can be planted adding nitrogen back to the soil. Clover also needs no herbicides or pesticides or fertilizers. Again, adding the leaves of the plant back to the soil adds the nitrogen back to the soil. Hemp is also a soil-building plant that is excellent for crop rotation. The roots of the plant anchor the soil and prevent erosion. Hemp cultivation generates virtually no waste and its byproducts are commercially useful.

Try again.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
well lets put it this way. when they make it practically impossible to get that stamp... it it summed up as illegal to grow.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

And how many permits does the DEA issue for the growing of industrial hemp?

I know of only ONE permit that exists for growing its non industrial brother plant, and that is for Government use only...

Do you know any legal Hemp growers in the US?

-Edrick

link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
yeah im pretty sure cross contamination just.. wouldnt happen. clearly if you know a thing or two about the difference between those two plants.. im not sure why the "other" plant would be anywhere near the hemp plants in the first place.

it just doesnt make sense and isnt adding a thing to your argument

And it also does not matter if they are cross-pollinated, I'm not sure what negative consequences would come from this. It actually hurts the growers of the "other" plant, more than it could hurt the hemp.

link   

nice info to add. i didnt know clover could be used for those purposes

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Look, I don't give a damn about this thread.
It will be gone before I get home tomorrow.

Therefore, I don't feel inclined to tell you through U2U that I mentioned using hemp stalk to purify water goes against TPTB's plans. You said something about good and then said that with the "legalization" of hemp (as if it is illegal now) that we could use hemp stalk as a sponge.

Yeah, I already said that.
And used it as a reason why it won't happen.
Africa is the richest continent on the planet, perhaps. Why would we want to build them up?

(I am speaking from an "authorative" view here)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Let me state my opinion one more time. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to be careful with my words.

The war against certain plants including industrial hemp is profitable through jobs, funding, fines, prosecution, and in many other ways to people who have a lot of wealth and power, especially when considered as a whole.

If the growing locations and potential quality of any other plants that are currently illegal in some large agricultural nations were to be negatively affected by the widespread growth of industrial hemp, it would throw a huge wrench in the gears that is not wanted and will be fought.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by maus80]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I will look for a source, but i think i remember a university or some research group that was able to grow hemp in the US for research purposes. Ill do some looking.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Edrick

Look, I don't give a damn about this thread.
It will be gone before I get home tomorrow.

well if thats really the case... why have you stayed in the thread for so long?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
@JayinAR, maus80

Yes, TPTB dont want Hemp legalized because it would be detrimental to their control grid.

Who cares?

Stand and fight against those who seem bigger than you can possibly resist...

Or believe the lies they tell you about how weak you are... and go BACK TO SLEEP!

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
reply to post by Edrick

Let me state my opinion one more time. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to be careful with my words.

The war against certain plants including industrial hemp is profitable through jobs, funding, fines, prosecution, and in many other ways to people who have a lot of wealth and power, especially when considered as a whole.

If the growing locations and potential quality of any other plants that are currently illegal in some large agricultural nations were to be negatively affected by the widespread growth of industrial hemp, it would throw a huge wrench in the gears that is not wanted and will be fought.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by maus80]

Very nice, side step clarification. I think I understand what you are saying now. Apologies for my mis understanding. I was looking at it from the other side.

link   
reply to post by calihan_12

No, you misunderstand. I enjoy the conversation, as it is a reason to voice some logic.
The reason I don't care about the thread is because I understand it is irrelevant.

Moreover, I was trying to make a point to the guy who is obviously upset about WHY it doesn't make sense to be upset over such an issue.
In fact, it doesn't even make sense.

link   

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Sorry OP, but I am a bit ticked that mine was removed and yours stays. There is no free speech in America and especially not on ATS.

You apparently lack some key ability to discern the difference between this thread, and your thread specifically discussing personal drug use.

The rules call for an instant ban in such a case... perhaps it's fortunate you were not.

This thread is straddling a difficult line as many posts have been removed, and two members banned for injecting advocacy for personal drug use. Please be aware that we see too many more, the thread may have to go.

My thread did not discuss personal drug use. It concerned a goverment sanctioned medical study on cancer. The title of my thread and the article linked concerned the media unwillingness to discuss such a subject, which is the health benefits of marijuana vs. alcohol. ATS has proved the article's point. I also clearly stated that I do not condone personal illegal drug use. It should also be pointed out that several states have made marijuana legal for medical use, so in that effect, the article discussed legal use of marijuana.

Hemp is just as illegal as Marijauna. That is a fact. It is considered a controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act (P.L. 91-513; 21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.) on an even par with it's sister, sativa. Even low THC level hemp plants can be processed to give you the same effect as sativa. And they all contain some THC. Thats why it stays illegal and is considered an illegal narcotic. marijuana for Medical use is much more legal than growing or possesing hemp. ATS rules prohibit the discussion of all illegal narcotics. Consistency is all I am looking for. My responses are meant to cause a little soul searching on the part of ATS. You should reconsider discussions on marijuana for medical purposes. Too much to ask?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i see what you are saying jayinar. well im glad you could at least voice your opinions and get some feedback

to the guy that said my avatar is hot, thanks i guess.

as for the thing about hemp not curing every little detail of life, you are right in that aspect. but the whole point is to make life a little easier, a littler healthier, a littler happier, and gaining back our freedoms

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join