It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Quiet...A Little Too Quiet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
It is quite... the 22nd is approaching, and there are rumors of something happening on that day. Rumors are rumors though.

yup, your right...but something is going to happen on the 21st AND the 23rd....so everybody be prepared for SOMETHING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sometimes I think it's good to have a little bit of peace and quiet though. Let's the brain reset and helps you gain a little bit of clarity for a day.

Plus, look at this thread; it just seems like some friends having a chat, throwing out some opinions and breaking each others coconuts which is NEVER a bad thing.

I agree with the beer poster though, a good bbq couldn't hurt. Anyone up for some Heiny light's and triple cheeseburgers?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

In our universe there are events occuring every second that in their grandeur and scale eclipse anything we could report via our little video and radio boxes.

So if our primate brains can't find any news its not because there isn't news to be found.

We have become desensitived to what is really important.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Late August is traditionally a very slow news period so this is not surprising. I think the media has gotten us so conditioned for constant news that now when the slow period comes along, it messes with us and makes us thing "something is brewing".

As for the 22nd, there are theories abound but I think it all got blown out of proportion. I think it was the Time Monks (Clif High et al) that said the 22nd is appearing as a date where something possibly financial will be set into motion but may not be obvious to people at first. This was initially explained as a date where things would start moving toward the next financial blow up later this fall. Over a little time, this prediction generated quite a buzz and now has mutated into predictions from bank holidays to false flags.

In my opinion, something will happen that day which will be the first step in a sequence of events that will be significant. Like the first domino falling to set off the rest of the events in a Rube Goldberg machine. In itself, a domino falling is nothing, but when we view the entire sequence in hindsight, we will see how significant it really was.

I doubt there will be any immediate / large impact events on the 22nd. Maybe the impact of a burger on my grill, and the immediate flow of beer into my stomach - but that is about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I had to come back to this thread today, becuase I feel it's just a bit too quiet this week too. I mean here we are in a major de-recession, wars, missing ships, russians off our coast, president treading water, cancer rates off the charts, lots of people out of work, earthquakes, just to name a few things of imprtance, yet there's nothing to report on? It just feels something is coming, it's a gut instinct thing, of course my gut has been wrong before, but it's also been right many a time.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe... Just maybe. Fox News will turn Left wing.

ehh I'm just taking a wild guess here

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I will not disagree with the idea of the calm before the storm....but the speculation of doom on ATS can get frustrating.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I agree with the beer poster though, a good bbq couldn't hurt. Anyone up for some Heiny light's and triple cheeseburgers?

yeah that's my favorite beer...and who doesn't like triple cheesburgers?

it is the calm before the storm, or more precisely the eye of the hurricane, lets enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Go take ur pills. Your way to paranoid. News is always yawn worthy.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey, really don't want to turn this into a 9/11 post BUT, on 9/10/2001 Rumsfeld addressed the nation and told us that $2.3 trillion was missing in the Pentagon's books.

www.youtube.com...

So, there was one important piece of news at that time.

Just saying...

Otherwise, I was thinking the same thing. Things do seem quiet.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by Hazelnut

Well, if your image is any evidence, maybe your own threads are not immune to your charms!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by GideonHM]

Yes, you are right, it is my cross to bear. Sighing heavily. I diligently strive on regardless of my thread killing tendencies and habits. Perseverence people, perseverence.

Besides I have reliable inside information that confirms how you secretly look up to me. It is news no one dares talk about.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Ooops. Sorry, didn't realize you mentioned the Pentagon thing, already.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You are so right.I started another thread recently asking if anyone else felt that something catastrophic was about to occur,I certainly feel that any day now whatever it may be will break loose...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
Hey, really don't want to turn this into a 9/11 post BUT, on 9/10/2001 Rumsfeld addressed the nation and told us that $2.3 trillion was missing in the Pentagon's books.

I remember that, now that you mention it, but it wasn't even listed in the Top 20 Stories (of which I posted the Top 3) of that day on AP News. His Address must have gone uncovered by the MSM that day.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker718
Go take ur pills. Your way to paranoid. News is always yawn worthy.

LOL! I don't have pills, I only have SMARTEES...and the question isn't whether or not you are paranoid, but rather are you paranoid enough...and news is always yawn worthy...just a bunch of blah, blah, blah...which is I why I get my news from Comedy Shows instead of MSM (although Naked News can be fun too).

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
Sometimes I think it's good to have a little bit of peace and quiet though. Let's the brain reset and helps you gain a little bit of clarity for a day.

Plus, look at this thread; it just seems like some friends having a chat, throwing out some opinions and breaking each others coconuts which is NEVER a bad thing.

Hey, while we are waiting for the other shoe to drop that sounds like the best idea I've heard all week!

Let's light up the BBQ and grill up some good cookin' (we'll even throw on a few Veggie Burgers for our friends on ATS that swing that way) and break open a few tall cool ones.

I'll bring the Beer. Who is bringing the Potato Salad? Who has the Baked Beans covered? Who is bringing the Charcoal?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ever since reinhardt warned about another "well-photographed" 9/11-style event, I keep seeing hh:11 when I glance at my computer's clock.

You know that 11:11 movement? That's what I'm seeing except it's the other times plus 11 minutes. 3:11, 5:11, 7:11, etc.

When I see that I keep muttering, "oh, crap."

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This time of the month most of the politicians are off on holiday, therefore the media can't bombard us so easily with the usual Left vs Right facade.

Always good to have a break, this conspiracy stuff can be tiring.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

www.youtube.com...

Just saying...

Otherwise, I was thinking the same thing. Things do seem quiet.

But a lot of times - that IS the pattern. Something big will happen - yeah or something like that will be announced. It will never really get as BIG as it SHOULD get because of something bigger.

That's what I was talking about - watch the timing of stuff. Cause someone might have KNOW that 911 was going to happen, and said "9-10 would be a good day to annouce that." KNOWING it will be covered up b/c of the bigger thing they know is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. I fear it will not last long. I think we are just getting a break while they choose their doomsday scenario.

Do we go with crash of the USD?
Swine Flu?
Flase Flag attack?
Is it nuclear?
War with N Korea or Iran?

All of the above?

I would like to hope that maybe there are a few people pulling some weight behind the scenes that have some moral decency to avert the storm heading our way. However that hope is very dim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join