It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Quiet...A Little Too Quiet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My dad used to always tell me that the tell-tale sign the Propaganda Machine is running full-speed is when there is a quiet news day. Of course, the old axiom of "It's always quiet before the storm" only reinforces his argument.

That is why I'm scratching my head when even Health Care is getting barely a mention in the MSM and it's all about Glenn Beck losing sponsors and the Gun-Toting Protesters at the Obama Speech yesterday, and yet more Michael Jackson...basically all "Old" News.

So, what is going on?

This is one instance where no news is not good necessarily good news.

Anyone remember the news on 09/10/2001? No? That's because there really wasn't any! The Top AP News of that day was:

1. President Bush Announces Support for Federal Funding for Limited Research on Stem Cells
  2. Suicide Bombing in Jerusalem Pizzaria Restaurant Kills 15, Including American Woman
  3. Judge Rules That a Jury's $3 Billion Verdict Against Philip Morris Was Excessive
  4. Thunderstorms Force NASA to Delay Discovery's Launch for Space Station Mission

*YAWN*

Yes, it is quiet, too quiet. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that something is afoot.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

BOOM!!!

Just kidding.
I agree, Frat. Trouble rides a fast, and quiet horse.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
most of the big players are just now returning from bohemian grove after two weeks, if anything is going to happen it will begin to pick up now.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I agree. the top threads include a discussion on public nudity and the preferred types of Zombies and best hiding places. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I agree. the top threads include a discussion on public nudity and the preferred types of Zombies and best hiding places. lol

And the Thread on Public Nudity is mine!!! I couldn't stand the quiet on ATS today, so I decided to bring up an issue about a lesser threat to Freedom to bide the time! If I hadn't we would have just had Zombies. (Although Zombies are pretty neat too, but they do make horrible pets!)

If tomorrow something happens, I am in no way personally accountable! I'm just calling the cards as I see them. I won't even say I told everyone so!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well now, there is a very interesting thread on recycled plastic bags with pictures!!! I'm very surprised you haven't commented in it yet. With all the news and important conspiracies being discussed today, I can't imagine why my crocheted recycled plastic bag rugs thread has dropped off the recent post list. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

LOL. I saw that one come and go, but I was busy and didn't get a chance to read it and honestly, I am having a hard time writing this with that damned cat in the mug shot image in my head...*grin*

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is quite... the 22nd is approaching, and there are rumors of something happening on that day. Rumors are rumors though.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't get it either, especially after we found out your crocheted recycled plastic bag rugs were colored with Red Dye # 2 (extremely small amounts of Red Dye # 2 caused birth defects, stillbirths, fetal deaths, and sterility in rats.) I would think more people would comment on that.

Star and flag to the Op for something different.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Anyone remember the news on 09/10/2001? No? That's because there really wasn't any! The Top AP News of that day was:

I remember that whole summer seemed slow. It was called the "Summer of the Shark" because shark bites seemed to be the only exciting thing going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yes, my youngest daughter will spend her first day being 14 on the 22nd.

I have no idea how any news or conspiracies could top that terrible event!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And in addition to all of that, I had a Night Terror two nights ago. The last time I had one of those was August 31, 2001.

You've got about 8 days left.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey, my birthday is on the 22nd. I'm also going to a concert to see my favorite band (TOOL) on the same day... does that count?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Last thing I am gonna complain about is a quiet news day. Been kinda overload the past few weeks.

So stop jinxing us.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I agree.
Possibly the propaganda machine is hard at work on the next captivating media blitz. Who are we kidding, of course they are.

I think they had to recalculate this whole health bill seeing what kind of discontent and backlash they were getting. I don't think they are ready to be kicked out of their ivory towers just yet.

I wonder what's up their sleeve...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Here is why its so quiet.

Russian And US Forces Retake Missing Nukes From Rogue CIA "Terrorists"

A most disturbing report has been delivered to President Medvedev today wherein Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov is reporting that Russian Naval Forces, working in “cooperation” with the United States Navy Space Command, have “retaken” the Finnish Defense Forces vessel Arctic Sea that had been “hijacked” by what these reports are labeling “CIA Terrorists” holding false Estonia, Latvia and Russia passports, and which we had previously reported on in our August 14th report “Russia “Alarmed” After Nuclear Warheads Go Missing In Atlantic”.

There it is. Read em & weep folks.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Congress is on vacation. They're not around to screw things up. They'll be back in Septemner.

Meanwhile, all we have are human interest stories.

Enjoy the peace and quiet. When the Congress returns, health care and Cap and Trade are going to dominate the news for the remainder of the year.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ummm...did you see who the author of that piece was?

Sorcha Faal, aka Sucha Fool.

Surely you've heard of her here on ATS?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Oh my Gawwwd, that avatar!!!! I love it! It always makes me laugh.

I'd rather have it quiet, even if for one day.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The 22nd, I will...

Drink a beer, ok it's going to earth shattering, it'll be arctic cold (ok 40 degrees) but its hot out so that counts right?

Then I'll mutter about folks on ATS, the world in general and take a nap.

Maybe some KFC chicken will be ritualistically abused during dinner.

Quiet's ok, it lets everyone wind down; and enjoy their beer(s).

I vote for more quiet, or more beers.

M.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join