It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd UFO Video - Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was checking out some video links earlier and came across this video - video.telegraph.co.uk... - I dont know how to embed this one. To me, this looks like an actual object there, but i wont jump to any conclusions before some of you guys and gals check it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Definitely made me raise an eyebrow. Could be CGI.

Where is the rest of it?
I would have ran outside, continuing to get shaky video. haha.

Seriously, if this were real, wouldn't they attempt to get more? Rather than just ending as it disappeared behind a house. Seems more like an "experimental" attempt. Possibly even one of those "viral" ads for an upcoming sci fi flick/book etc.
Maybe not.
Its really good.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

There is a small quote from someone who saw this, it doesnt say if its the person who took the video though, that says, "It was the freakiest thing I have ever seen in my life. I was sitting in my office and saw it out of the corner of my eye" - weird video and the camera does seem to be following the object and not implanted in later like a lot of UFO CGI. Maybe they just lost track of the object once it went behind the house? I just want this to be debunked or further investigated.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I propose that ATS members utilise the following standard for immediate debunking of any and all UFO videos. (It may not always work, I can imagine exceptions to this rule.)

RULE ONE: If there are no other witnesses, footage, pics or report from other sources? Then it's bunk.

Whatchya think?

save a lot of wasted time.
For instance the "UFO of santa monica video" is fantastic, and completely, professionally, CGI crafted.
If you haven't seen it, go to youtube and search "Santa Monica UFO"
You can tell it's CGI because a/ it looks real b/ there's no auditory reaction to the images and c/there's no other report about that incident.

I'm looking for UFO's too, don't get me wrong, I want to believe, I just have no reason to yet.

Happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

No doubt.
I didn't see anything related to the video, just the video itself. So I didn't have much to go on.

Either direction it goes, its a great video.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Possibly even one of those "viral" ads

< title >NEWS DEFAULT VIRAL ST_UIP< /title >

Yup.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I propose that ATS members utilise the following standard for immediate debunking of any and all UFO videos. (It may not always work, I can imagine exceptions to this rule.)

RULE ONE: If there are no other witnesses, footage, pics or report from other sources? Then it's bunk.

Whatchya think?

save a lot of wasted time.
For instance the "UFO of santa monica video" is fantastic, and completely, professionally, CGI crafted.
If you haven't seen it, go to youtube and search "Santa Monica UFO"
You can tell it's CGI because a/ it looks real b/ there's no auditory reaction to the images and c/there's no other report about that incident.

I'm looking for UFO's too, don't get me wrong, I want to believe, I just have no reason to yet.

Happy hunting!
So if you do see a genuine ufo, and are lucky enough to get some footage of it. But you're on your own at the time, then by your own ammission your video is bunk? That doesn't make much sense to me. How frustrated do you imagine that you'd feel if that happened to you? You've just had the most exiting thing happen to you in your life, you got it on film, and everyone thinks it's CGI because you were on your own, or because you weren't flapping about like some eejit.

That, is psuedoskeptisism.

[edit on 18/8/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I really hope you mean "Alien Spacecraft" because there ARE UFO's. That is very evident, i think we have gotten past that point. Trying to figure out if its our government, alien, or something else is the hardest part. Watch the disclosure project, as much as I hate Steven Greer, the whistleblowers are there and have great testimony as to what they have seen and that might help you on your journey.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

< title >NEWS DEFAULT VIRAL ST_UIP< /title >

Yup.

I saw that as well. Also, it was in the "T.V." section of the website.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Well this is where I originally saw the video - www.breitbart.tv... - I just got the link to the video itself after the video is finished there is a "Link" link and I copied and pasted that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thanks dude.
Reading the progressively hate saturated comments below it, really restores my faith in ...

Nothing. haha.

Anyways, thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So if you do see a genuine ufo, and are lucky enough to get some footage of it. But you're on your own at the time, then by your own ammission your video is bunk? That doesn't make much sense to me. How frustrated do you imagine that you'd feel if that happened to you? You've just had the most exiting thing happen to you in your life, you got it on film, and everyone thinks it's CGI because you were on your own, or because you weren't flapping about like some eejit.

That, is psuedoskeptisism.

[edit on 18/8/2009 by Acidtastic]

I imagine that scenario as being very frustrating. I can't imagine it being particularly problematic for me though, being the one who knows the truth. (I don't really care to much about what other people believe.) But I don't think it matters much in this instance, ufo over a town full of eyeballs and all.
I don't have a problem with your problem with my suggestion, it is borne out of frustration.
But I do think thou doth protest too much.

And yes, "otherpersonwhocommentedonmycommentandIcan'trememberyourname"
i did mean "spaceship" or whatever when I said "ufo"

Semantics, akin to sarcasm...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ok.. after watching the video... please remember I too am an avid hunter of things not of this earth and an avid believer as well. To ME.. it looked alot like a radio controlled fan. You know.. the RC UFO. that is what it looked like to me. Now by the off chance that its real.. one really cannot say too good to be true.. because eventually, that will happen. a none blurry, none CGI vid, etc. In the off chance that this is real.. this would be that vid.. the first one. Yes its a touch blurry, as usual, but the reaction in movement seems real enough... the only thing I have against it is the over all shape of the object in question. It looks just like one of those toys. For the reference from the possibility DOES exist that it is a toy, super imposed and REALLY well grafted. THe only way we will get an answer is for the OP, or the videographer to send this footage in.(THE ORIGINAL) to be analyzed. I for one.. not to piss on anyones cherios, think its far too good to be true, and shaped far too much like that RC UFO thing. esp because of shape and movement.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Interesting video but its way to short to be believable. The guy filming it doesn't attempt to keep it in shot as it passes behind the house which i find very suspicious. Its very low as well, i doubt a UFO could get that low without more than 1 person noticing it.

Its worth considering Bristol is home to Camron Balloons ... they make all the strange shaped hot air balloons you see all over the world and that does look like Bedminster type housing. I live just outside Bristol.

Im really not to sure if this is CGI, the height of the object suggests that it might have been 'launched' from the far side of the house of the right. But because the guy doesnt try to keep it in frame it might have been added later.

What does every one else think? Real object of some kind or CGI?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

hey i appreciate your input. i didnt even think of that toy UFO so i'm glad you said something about it. i'll look up some info.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

That video has been the subject of a previous thread.

If my memory serves me correctly.....

I believe it was shown to be a CGI rendered object.

I believe the participants in the thread identified who made it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
100% Fake. Wish I could say otherwise, but I can't. As most here have said, and as I have said hundreds of times here, you can discount the majority of videos right off the bat without even bothering to analyze the actual video itself. The usual suspects give away the fact that this is useless fodder that gets posted by people thinking they may have stumbled onto something great and want others "opinions". Too short, not enough witnesses (especially for such a populated area), etc. You can go on and on before actually tearing the video itself apart (which is also laughable easy to do on this one)

Then there is the video itself. Please go out and purchase a camcorder, any one will do, and try to get it to go in an out of focus like that. Not going to happen. That is a focus-blur applied in post. To go into the video farther than that would be a waste of time. I tend to pick the low fruit when reviewing a video, I could get in the technical nitty gritty about compositing, post, etc. But no need to bother when the author has such low fruit hanging there for even a mediocre video enthusiast to pick at.

I honestly think people parrot these videos on site like this even if they know down deep it is fake. Don't know why, but we will never see a lull in things like this until the majority of us get educated enough to not even bother with such rubbish.

Remember kids, apply logic, reason and common sense before even reviewing the video material for forgery and you will save a lot of time. I seem to have a, ah...er, pretty darn good track record calling out fakes like this as do many others here. I love threads that go multiple pages where folks like myself will discount the video right away early on, get crapped on for it because we're paid debunkers or closed minded skeptics, then watch all the kids argue about what engine/space drive the alien must be using because of the "light fluctuations", “dimensional shift”, “Tesla this & that” or other such made up nonsense...then a few pages later meet the dude who made the fake video. It is priceless, yet frustrating entertainment.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Then there is the video itself. Please go out and purchase a camcorder, any one will do, and try to get it to go in an out of focus like that. Not going to happen. That is a focus-blur applied in post. To go into the video farther than that would be a waste of time. I tend to pick the low fruit when reviewing a video, I could get in the technical nitty gritty about compositing, post, etc. But no need to bother when the author has such low fruit hanging there for even a mediocre video enthusiast to pick at.

I agree with everything you said, except this. I work in the surveillance industry, and with the auto focus setting and cheaper and cheaper cameras...(including home camcorders) the action of zooming in and out can mess with the focus in a similar manner.
Especially when the in frame view shows varying degrees of depth.

I'll mess with my camcorder when I get home from work and attempt this. At work it is easy, but I cannot release the video. I notice it happens a great deal when ptz'ing, in a parking lot. As cars or buildings in the forground of the frame tend to cause your camera to focus on them, when your target is more centered and further away. Because they are designed to pick up closer bigger targets.

Either way, still star for your post. Good to see people still applying some common sense.

top topics

join