It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin: Alien creatures built Phobos monolith!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It is a mighty strange looking rock , Kinda looks out of place sat there all on its own

Well, Phobos has company:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Points to Phage's post on page 1.... OP or Mods, you gonna change the title of the thread?

In OPs link, skip to 5:35 for where Buzz starts saying what his oppinion is... around 6:00 he says "I don't believe that..."

[edit on 18/8/09 by flice]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Buzz and Edgar Mitchell but also of Gordon Cooper.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gordon Cooper is da man , rest his soul .
From what I have read and seen of him you can take what he says to the bank , if he says the sky is green with blue spots theres no need to look out the window , disagree if you will but thats how I see him , the world needs more of his like

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah i know , what I meant is the " monolith " , its sat there with no other rocks around it ,its all on its own ....strange

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I'm with you. He did not say any such thing, in fact, he denies most things.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Aldrin is an old fraud, It's hard to tell disinfo from delusion with him.
He recently said the sky on the moon was like black velvet with no stars.
The stars would have looked like spotlights without an atmosphere to block their light.

I think he is just an old story teller who likes the spotlight and will say anything to get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Misquotes, quotes taken out-of-context, spin and half-truths are the bread-and-butter of the UFO field. It is born of a certain desperation. There are those who are so desperate to have their beliefs validated they latch on to the most tenuous of evidence. They are sincere, but all they need to hear is someone mention anything that may confirm their beliefs and the context can be damned. Then there are those who are so desperate for others to share their beliefs they purposefully propagate these misquotes and half-truths and lies.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Yeah i know , what I meant is the " monolith " , its sat there with no other rocks around it ,its all on its own ....strange

I also heard the Russians were very curious about Phobos.
They sent a probe out to take a look at it.
The probe got close and saw something briefly. Then it was destroyed!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
By the way, don't forget to pick up Buzz Aldrin's book, which is avialable at fine book stores everywhere. A bright smile followed by a ding to it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
2001 a space odyssey was based on a true story... heh

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Did you even listen?

Aldrin says "It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Phage]

Phage I read your signature, the Mark Twain quote:

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Is the OP distorted enough for you?

Though I'm not even sure if he got all the facts first.

It is interesting that Aldrin would take a jab at the pyramiders like that though.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that". - [Buzz]

It appears, by this thread, he was right

You suppose that was his intention?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Phage But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that". - [Buzz]

It appears, by this thread, he was right

You suppose that was his intention?

Buzz Aldrin portrays himself as a scholar with conservative beliefs, and maybe his beliefs really are that conservative. But it's obvious to me he is also reaching out to those who don't share his conservative beliefs, and trying to get the widest possible audience interested in space exploration. If it takes a little innuendo about what that monolith could be to get people interested, he's willing to go there if that's what it takes, even if he thinks it's just a rock.

And no doubt there are people that think it's just like the monoliths in 2001 A Space Odyssey.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin's revamped website

buzzaldrin.com...

Buy A book

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think that Aldrin is taking a dig at those who have, intentionally or otherwise, used him to promote their own agendas (i.e. landing hoax proponent Bart Sibrel, i.e. proponents of astronaut UFO claims). Everything he says indicates that he's sick and tired of the nonsense that others have enveloped him with. He's turning the tables and using them to stimulate public interest in space exploration.

I say good on him. He's a great story teller in the true fighter jock tradition. I'd love to spend a couple and of hours and a few rounds listening to him. He's on the wagon, but I'm not.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
there are no MOONS of MARS PHOBOS and DEIMOS are asteroids,large chunks of rock. although feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh come on now... youv'e been around here long enogh to know that those 'moons' are disguised spaceships. They vanished for a while and took out that Russian spy ship

Everyone knows that

And the Skeptics and Phage's entourage are all MIFFED because Buzz is catering to us loonies to sell the Mars mission
Neener neener

Maybe our side is a more fun bunch to hang with, well cept that Bart Sibrel guy... can do without him

[edit on 19-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I think that Aldrin is taking a dig at those who have, intentionally or otherwise, used him to promote their own agendas (i.e. landing hoax proponent Bart Sibrel, i.e. proponents of astronaut UFO claims). Everything he says indicates that he's sick and tired of the nonsense that others have enveloped him with. He's turning the tables and using them to stimulate public interest in space exploration.

I say good on him. He's a great story teller in the true fighter jock tradition. I'd love to spend a couple and of hours and a few rounds listening to him. He's on the wagon, but I'm not.

I have to admire him for punching that guy who pestered him about the landing hoax, but getting back verbally is probably more socially acceptable, so I agree, good on him!

Originally posted by zorgon
Buzz Aldrin's revamped website

buzzaldrin.com...

Buy A book

He really DID revamp his site!

I was thinking the next time I had an extra $3.5 million I didn't know what to do with, I could buy all 10,000 active ATS members an autographed 8x10 glossy photo from his site, he'd probably appreciate that more than me buying a book. Unless he'd get mad at me for giving him writer's cramp!

Of course, I don't see that happening anytime soon

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

yeah saw the picture that was released of the mystery shadow
very interesting , of course there were many explanations for it but

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Or watch him for free!

new topics

top topics