It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Make Way For Islam's Savior"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The spokesman of Iran's Supreme Leader called on neighboring countries to mobilize their forces in preparation for the coming of the savior of Islam and to unite with the Islamic Republic in paving the way for his arrival, an Iranian news agency reported Sunday.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's spokesman, Ali Saeedi, said countries like Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan and Afghanistan should gather together all their forces in order to make drastic changes to prepare for the coming of al-Mahdi al-Montazar, Arabic for "the awaited guided one."

We still have a long way to go in order to achieve this. We have to train honest forces that can stop the obstacles that may hinder the coming of the Mahdi like the United States and Israel," Saeedi said in statement posted by the Iranian Labor News Agency (ILNA).

Saeedi also said that the supreme leader of Iran is the direct representative of the Mahdi and that obeying him is like obeying the "guided one," who is the prophesized savior of Islam.

"Since the armed forces are commanded by the Supreme Leader, they are thus obeying the orders of the awaited Mahdi," Saeedi said, adding "the Revolutionary Guards and the armed forces in Iran hold religious authority to prepare for the appearance of the Mahdi."

The Mahdi is believed by Muslims to be arriving before Judgment Day to rid the world of injustice. Although present in both major Islamic schools of thought, the Mahdi is more prominent in the Shiite doctrine than the Sunni one.

Source: Middle-Eastern News Source

I think that "Islam's Savior" will be someone we don't even know about yet, rather than an already known leader.
BUT, do you think he will lead Islam into peace, or into more violence?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

He will fight for the cause of Islam and make it prevail throughout the world

That, according to a Wikipedia article.

It should be noted that there was already a previous leader who was thought to be the Madhi, in the 19th Century. He was Muhammad Ahmad.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There have been dozens of claimants to the title of Mahdi....in the end, they all failed.

This sort of behaviour seems troubling. Kinda like the Islamic equivalent of the Christian End-time crazies who are friends with Israel solely because they want to bring on the End-times.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
There have been dozens of claimants to the title of Mahdi....in the end, they all failed.

This sort of behaviour seems troubling. Kinda like the Islamic equivalent of the Christian End-time crazies who are friends with Israel solely because they want to bring on the End-times.

You don't know what you are talking about. Christians don't like Jews because they are going to bring on the end-times, that doesn't even make sense. We care for them because they are God's chosen people, and why that is is strictly God's business, and God instructs us to love them, He also warns those who come against them. The Jewish people showed more devotion and reverence to the God of Abraham than anyone in history. God was most moved by their shows of devotion, thus Moses was chosen to bring the 10 Commandments. But God was also most disappointed when they faltered in their devotion, and the Jewish people have suffered more persecution than any group of people in history.

Just thought you could use a little history lesson there.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This Mahdi fellow must really find it interesting that the Iranian leadership has just written itself into all of these amazing events that are to come. They seem to have taken all of the good jobs that pay well and have important responsibilities. That's really the trick right, you build it and he'll accept whatever you present to him.

All the religions are doing it...but it makes no sense. Shouldn't everyone have to be vetted before entrance into Heaven? I thought every knee will break.

I think this Mahdi fellow will more likely than not, simply reject all the endeavors of men, knowing right away that it is a trap and attempt to control him. He'll build his own government operation and hold interviews or something to fill all the important positions. In response...the Iranians will have to reject the very person for whom they've been waiting and will ultimately be moved to declare war, where they'll be wiped out in short order.

If I could counsel this Mahdi fellow, I'd tell him its all a trap, they cannot be trusted and just ignore them. The people that believed their lies will take care of the rest.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I am quite aware of the history of the jews, thanks. Anyhow, the idea of God favouring 1 group of people at the detriment of another, irrespective of behaviour/character/piety/whatever seems a bit odd to me. And the fact that you (or the Christians you are describing) would choose to "love these people" irrespective of how dangerously or evilly some of them may act is a little scary, and just reinforces my point.

But anyhow, I suppose I may have chosen my words carelessly, and before the whole thread goes off on a wrong tangent, let me rephrase:

This sort of behaviour seems troubling. Kinda like the Islamic equivalent of the Christian End-time crazies who are following a certain course of action that is obviously detrimental to humanity (or even their own country, or religion), simply because they believe it must happen in order for them to be "raptured" or to get Jesus to come (a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy).

[edit on 18-8-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

You made a silly point to say Christians care for Jews because it is going to bring the end-times, and that was just plain ignorant. I couldn't care less how YOU feel towards anyone, Jews, Asians, whatever. Just don't make foolish statements about groups of people like that, you are obviously on the outside looking in.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Alright, alright, I apologise for my ignorant statement. I thought I corrected it, but let me state it again, using the information you provided:

Christians love Jews (irrespective of whether some of them may be acting immorally or not) not because they want to usher in the end of times, but because God told them so, because God apparently thinks one group of people have some sort of higher status than the rest of us.

Good enough?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I believe what you are referring to his this.

Deuteronomy 7:6-8 For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: 8but because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Christians love Jews (irrespective of whether some of them may be acting immorally or not) not because they want to usher in the end of times, but because God told them so, because God apparently thinks one group of people have some sort of higher status than the rest of us.
reply to post by babloyi

third times the charm? i think that at least sounds a lot better.

i don't know , i mean same deal w/ that guy in the 1800s.
who calculated the date for Christs return.then he had to recalculate.
the bible being very direct, about no man knowing the dates and times.
for anything prophetic.we can only know the season. why would islam be differrent?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Gah! No, I don't think so...I still got it wrong. It is all so confusing, especially since so many have this tendency to take "Jew" to be a race, I sometimes inadvertently adopt this viewpoint.

Okay...lets try again.

Seeing how It is the Judeo-Christian God who supposedly inspired the Bible, and all the laws and instructions and stuff, there is nothing wrong if the concept of this Judeo-Christian God finds the followers (i.e. Jews, and perhaps Christians) to be "good", or "worthy" or "in a step in the right direction with respect to the rest of us".
However, when a person, or a certain group of people enclose the idea of "Jewishness" into a narrow-minded ideal of "a race of people", and begin filtering their outlook and behaviour with the idea that this "race" may benefit (even if a person/people of said "race" are not exactly behaving in a proper manner, or are participating in dangerous or destructive activities), things start getting wonky. It gets even wonkier if the person doing this stuff is in a position of power, and uses their power to service the goals of the dangerous persons of this assumed "race", to the detriment of all other "races".

While I can't say anything about Iran, in the west there is such a thing as "Separation of Church and State". When people (read politicians) begin activities where they are factoring in "We better be nice to this 'race' of people, because God says they're the good guys", things get scary.

Whew....that was a lot of layers. I should've been a lawyer

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Kinda like the Islamic equivalent of the Christian End-time crazies who are friends with Israel solely because they want to bring on the End-times.

Indeed, I think you may have had it right the fist time. But it is always best not to generalize an entire group of people. The Christians you are referring to are the zionist Christians. Many of these Christians do wish to usher in and fullfill the end times prophecies...

Just as these nutbags in the middle east wish to do as well...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't believe that the Muslim messiah or antichrist will ever come.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is the regarding: Mahdi

Be from among the family of Prophet(SAW), among the descendants of Fatima(RA);
Have a broad forehead and pointed noise;
Appear in one night;
Appear just before the day of judgment;
Have same name as hazrat Muhammad(SAW);
Escape from Madina to Makkah where people will pledge allegiance to him;
Receive pledge and help of Iraqi people;
Fight in battles;
Rule over the Arabs for seven years according to Sunnah;
Spread justice and equity on earth;
Eradicate tyranny and oppression;
Lead a prayer in Mekkah which Jesus(pbuh) will follow in;
NOT be the same individual as the Promised Messiah (Jesus).

Couple of interesting things.......

Rule over Arabs for 7 years.
Sound familiar? The tribulation of the bible is supposed to last for 7 years. And for those 7 years, the antichrist/beast is supposed to rule.

Spread justice and equity on earth;
Hmm... The bible says, the beast will bring peace to the world and all will fall at his feet and worship him. Until he turns on the people and all "hell" breaks loose.

Lead a prayer in Mekkah which Jesus(pbuh) will follow in;
Once again the bible tells us that the beast will enter the house of god and declare himself god. This is when Jesus returns and the battle of armageddon begins.

Sorry I didn't pull the bible quotes directly. To much work at the moment.

I am not sure the reason some insist that crazy christians are pushing the end times. Not much they can do really, cept maybe rebuild the temple.

The OP seems to suggest that Iran is trying to gather an army to destroy Israel and the US regardless of the Mahdi. Intersting though, they seem to have no issue with just coming right out with their plans.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Test through your spirit, God doesnt have chosen ones. Gods about unity and all...Oneness. The separations we experience here are tests. We fail miserably.

To believe a man says God told him his people are chosen shows this man was following Earthly natures, for this is not of Divine nature.

Its not hard to predict the wars that were to come when you have a people saying they are chosen and now have the right to kill who is in the chosen land (which also God does not need chosen land nor wants it).

To believe these things one is not testing the nature of Holy. One is not seeking the nature of God. The only follow and not seek.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Jesus will not fight nor try to rule here in an Earthly kingdom.

Jesus is now of Spirit and is waiting for others to join him, the first fruit, in the spiritual kingdom. He has opened the womb.

We are to walk the path, there are not saviors....but there are ones that become anointed by the Holy Spirit. These beings show us how to walk the path.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Post removed by poster.

[edit on 9/19/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think Mahdi is their code-name for nuclear weapons...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh boy, So we got the Mahdi to save Islam, God's chosen people in Israel and the Christian Jesus Christ savior, all converging down on us at once. Is there an exit somewhere for those of us who just want to be left alone?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by babloyi

You don't know what you are talking about. Christians don't like Jews because they are going to bring on the end-times, that doesn't even make sense. We care for them because they are God's chosen people, and why that is is strictly God's business, and God instructs us to love them, He also warns those who come against them. The Jewish people showed more devotion and reverence to the God of Abraham than anyone in history. God was most moved by their shows of devotion, thus Moses was chosen to bring the 10 Commandments. But God was also most disappointed when they faltered in their devotion, and the Jewish people have suffered more persecution than any group of people in history.

Just thought you could use a little history lesson there.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Bombeni]

well there is a little bit of truth to what he says. Christians do bring jews from other parts of the world like Russia because they are fulfilling prophecy but, its not the main reason they are doing it. They do it because the Jews are the apple of God's eye and whatever God loves christian's love because they have the love of God in their hearts as well, the same love. The world will never understand this. They call us crazies because they don't know the living God, if they did they wouldn't call us crazy.

Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join