It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Bob add's to Banking Holiday Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There are stories popping hard that 1000 U.S. Banks are on the verge of failure right now, and not long ago the FDIC closed 5 banks, one of which was Colonial Bank Consisting of 346 branches spread across Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Nevada and Texas, which is the sixth largest bank failure in us history and by far the largest failure of 2009.

The FDIC had just $13 billion going into the Colonial closing, and it's estimated that closing alone will cost the FDIC $7billion. The remaining 4 banks that were closed resently gobbles up the rest of the FDIC funds.

The FDIC is Broke

So with 1000 banks on the verge of collapse we're set up for the perfect storm on August 22nd (which is a Saturday). Why Saturday? Because if the FDIC closes more banks next Friday (Which they will), they wont have the funds to back those banks up. They always close banks on Fridays at the close of business, so most people wont learn about any of this until Saturday Morning. Most banks are only open for 3-4 hours on Saturday. If there's a bank run on Saturday, the Feds will call for a Bank Holiday on Sunday which shuts everyone out of their banks for an undertermined amount of time.
So the people lucky enough to get money out of the bank on Saturday, or the people smart enough to take money out of the bank well before Friday, will be the people flocking to the grocery stores and gas stations on Saturday and Sunday. Food shelves would be empty by Monday when the rest of the world realises whats going on.
This is my best guess at a Major Doom scenario for August 22nd.
and for the record I was a O4. thanks for the promotion BP

[edit on 18-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Who is BC Bob? And why does BornPatriot post for him? There is no source and I looked up BC Bob and got nothing relevant, as far as I could see.

Is this your opinion, BP? Or someone elses? If yours, why the BC Bob bit?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

he just asked me to post for him... and these are his words...
nothing to see here, move along. he wishes to remain anonomus.
if they wish I not post for him. I'm sure he can find other ways of
communication other than I. and he must be on ATS, because of his last line. but for now, my lips are sealed. .. and his first name is Bob and he is older than christ so BC BOB... makes perfect sense to me, but I know the guy personally.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

But the subject matter is very important. If there are reliable sources to back up this claim, someone should point us to them! ASAP

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No, I re read his note he had sent over to me... and no sources were listed. if he includes the source then I post or state as such. he out ranks me. I would say BC Bob doesnt care to much for sources. he is plugged into the officer corps gossip and is just sharing with us enlisted polywogs.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
How COULD there be a reliable source for this? How could there be a reliable source for ANY conspiracy theory. Some guy in a trench coat smoking a cigarette, hidden in the shadows....yup he sure SEEMS reliable.

Thanks for the heads up, BC and BP. If there was any way to provide us with more information, you KNOW we would appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So BC Bob is too lazy to post for himself and too lazy to give us any kind of source for this "info"?

I'm not saying it isn't true. It just seems like hogwash.

If the guy can't post for himself, then why should we believe you? Does he even exist? Who is he and how does he come by this info?

Sorry if I sound rude, but this is ATS, after all. I don't post info without sources, so why does someone else get to do it, and he doesn't even take the effort to post himself? The rules around here are kind of there for a reason and this just smacks of BS to me.

Not the info, that I have no problem believing - we are talking about bankers here and I know damned well they are all evil. But this BC Bob needs to post for himself and not leave a message for a friend to do it and I would like some sources, hell even the Natl. Enquirer would do.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
maybe he knows the limitations of technology, and let me tell you if you think we the enlisted are disgrundled - dont start listning to the retired officers., look BC Bob has to be in his 70's. and I think the trolls got to him here on ATS. but he refuses to remain silent. so you can think of me as his secutary, because I type right around 100 words a minute, and I can read his chicken scratch, -- BC Bob is no threat to national security... No Alzhiemers... but he has over 27 years in the Military, I think he knows a thing or two...

and with all the hints, you NSA types should not have a problem in locating who BC Bob is...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Intriguing. Cryptic messages decoded by ATS. RE: Bank Holiday - get yer cash now or cry later?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Mr. Chapman is 72 years old. He was born in Boston, MA and attended Northeastern University majoring in business management. He spent three years in the U. S. Army Counterintelligence, mostly in Europe. He speaks German and French and is conversant in Spanish. He lived in Europe for six years, off and on, three years in Africa, a year in Canada and a year in the Bahamas.
Mr. Chapman became a stockbroker in 1960 and retired in 1988. For 18 of those years he owned his own brokerage firm. He was probably the largest gold and silver stockbroker in the world during that period. When he retired he had over 6,000 clients.

From 1962 through 1976 he specialized in South African gold shares. He and his family lived in Salisbury, Rhodesia (now Harare, Zimbabwe) and Johannesburg, South Africa from 1970 to 1973. During that time he did a great deal of further study into the South African mining industry.

Mr. Chapman belonged to The Traders Association for 25 years. He did all his own trading. During his South African years some was done directly through Johannesburg, but 95% was done through London brokerage firms. Hence, he has extensive contacts, both in London and on the Continent.

Starting in 1967 Mr. Chapman began writing articles on business, finance, economics and politics having been printed and reprinted over the years in over 200 publications. He owned and wrote the Gary Allen Report, which had 30,000 subscribers. He currently is owner and editor of The International Forecaster, a compendium of information on business, finance, economics and social and political issues worldwide, which reaches 10,000 investors and brokers monthly directly, and parts of his publication are picked up by 60 different websites weekly exposing his ideas to over 10 million investors a week.

In 1976, after the Soweto riots, Mr. Chapman began buying North American shares exclusively for his clients. Up to that point only a handful of American and Canadian issues interested him, due to the high dividends the South African shares had paid out over the years. Between 1976 and 1988 his business surged from 1,000 to 6,000 clients, so the bulk of his business ended up being Vancouver Stock Exchange issues. For this reason he is very conversant with the quality of management, geologists, properties and traders on today’s North American scene. He is well known.

From 1976 to present he has spoke and given workshops at over 200 business conferences worldwide, and has been on radio and TV hundreds of times. Until his retirement he was always judged by the attendees to be one of the top three speakers and never once was lower than first in workshops due to his vast knowledge of the mining business and his grasp of worldwide financial markets and political scenes.

In June of 1991, at the request of business associates, and due to retirement boredom, he began writing the International Forecaster.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im not with the NSA but I would guess that "BC Bob" is Bob Chapman. Just a guess!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
BC Bob says he is not the author of this thread.
he found it on the web and edited some knowledge he has into it...

link

[mod edit: fixed long/broken link skewing page]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Star and flag!

From a starting point of US$53 Billion in 2008 – through the 77 bank failures this year alone – the DIF has dwindled to zero.

US$641 million was all that remained of the DIF [Deposit Insurance Fund] the FDIC is now bankrupt. Of the US$641 million left, Community bank used up 781.5 million and Colonial Bank US$2.8 Billion.”

But don't forget... that the FDIC has US$100 Billion in back-up funding already approved by Congress. They can tap into those funds, so there’s no need at this point for mainstream Americans to worry about their bank’s solvency.

Just my two cents... For what it's worth now days

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Sundancer]

new topics

top topics

join