The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Just send a U2U to TheMythLives.

This is his baby, I'm sure he'd love to have another writer!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I like the energy people! Ok, so lets get the first ear mark question out of the way:

How are we going to enter this "return" phase? From some suggestions:

1) Make it a few years into the future to re-establish characters?
2) Make it Chapter 2 in the whole Epic and begin in the past telling the tales of the elders?
3) Just pick off where the epic has left off?

I am all for any of the above and if any of you have any ideas of what you want to do let us know

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[edit on 2-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I like the idea of going a few years into the future. In my one post continuation of the Chronicles, I had set it a few years into the future. It would be fun to write the evens that eventually lead up to where my one post is currently set at.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Few years in the future for me Myth.

That way we can tweak our characters accordingly and it will be far easier for new writers to join the fray!

Very excited to have this come back.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey All,

I vote for setting this in the near future. 5 years is good but I also think we should tie up loose ends from before. How we do this I dont know.

Maybe in the opening post [of the new story] we can have a recap of how it all ended which leads us into the new story.

I also think we need a rough outline of whats going to happen in this story, not detail as such, but an idea of what direction were taking it. Otherwise we could end up just going over the same old ground and repeating ourselves.

Ok so thats the story bit what about the writers, is this still going ahead ?

Its going to be difficult with only a few people. I think we need at least 7 or 8 people before we start this or it becomes to hard to write with to much to do and the story just dies.

I will watch this thread to see if more people join in before i get involved.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would say a few years (2-4 years) in the future. By this time we should have taken out a couple lessor elders. And perhaps have seen some losses. The werewolves may or may not have collaborated or may be willing to set aside differences to join us at this time.

Or we may leave that unresolved in order to have that secondary element of danger in tracking down the elders.

Although we may look at doing some flashbacks here and there as a literary device to show some more in depth examinations. These would be best left as personal recollections and done on rare occasions as fitting. Personally I would lean towards a recollection of either personal failure or great success as appropriate to character.

Just some thoughts there...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I vote few years into the future, as well. (I'm still reading the story and trying to figure out where everyone is and what they are doing) so allowing a time period for the older characters to tie up loose ends is a good plan, not to mention an easier transition for newer characters into the story line. Just a thought.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well I guess that's it then, a few years into the future.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A few years in the future sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have an idea

In my one post continuation, I wrote as being part of the Vamptech corporation roughly 10 years into the future. Since we are going only 5 or so years ahead, we could incorporate the beginnings of that into the story.

I think we should include the human aspect into the story now as well. The human political system has deteriorated so badly that most corners of the planet now has nuclear arms aimed at each other. And the battle of the elders vs the new age vamps/wolfs has gotten attention in the human world. Afterall, it is a planet wide battle of the Immortals.

We could say the old Hierarchy of the various Vampire clans has deteriorated as well. Not completely though. And that could be another danger aspect. The new order of Vampires is at odds with the old, more traditional Orders. And for the first time in vampire history, the youngest ones have the means to hold their own without the help of the more elder ones.

As far as the Werewolves go. We could say they all banded together world wide into a planetary hierarchy under a single rule and now represent the Greatest threat to vampires since the first Elder awakening. But it is only suspicion. For now, the werewolves have become our Allies in order to help take out those elders.

Yeah. I played this whole thing out in my head already....just my ideas. Criticism or rejection is highly anticipated and I want to hear other ideas.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Some more ideas...

Weve got 2012 coming up, can we use that in the storyline somewhere, even if its back story.

One scenario for 2012, you could have natural disasters destroying the planet, humans fighting for survival as well as being hunted by us (werewolves / vampires) who wins, who controls the planet.

Another idea, would be introducing a new enemy, i was thinking demons. I know theyre not strictly crypto but with demons, they come in different shapes / sizes / powers etc. A new element to the storyline.

I started working on a story about demons, the idea being everytime someone [human] is murdered another demon walks the earth. Growing in numbers until theyre ready to attack. A Crypto / Paranormal crossover ? not easy to say lol.

Keep the ideas coming...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
oooo I like King John's idea. Didn't think of using demons. That would make it even cooler.

Two lines.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Interesting with the demon crossover. How about after the 2012 incident it opened the world to some more cryptids. For example the event new crptids pop out to take over the world from the humans and everything else. Kind of like what we humans did a LONG time ago to become the dominent species of the planet. I would suggest including demons, a new breed of wolves known as hell hounds, and finally perhaps releasing the experiments of Lilith that we saw back in the beginning?

Hell hound:

Hellhounds typically have features such as black fur color, glowing red eyes, super strength and/or speed, ghostly or phantom characteristics, and sometimes even the ability to talk. Hellhounds are often associated with the element of fire, and may have fire-based abilities and appearances, hellhounds appear out of nowhere suddenly and have been known to vanish in a blink of an eye. They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and Indian burial grounds, or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting down lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure.
DEF

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
sounds good myth. But who will do the opening post to restart the story?

Maybe you shyould since you started the entire project.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Well my character is a Crypto hunter. So that works for me.

I'm not too big on the whole demon 2012 deal though. But I'll go along with the majority as long as we start writing again.

I'm cool Wid it Yo!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

I have the new post almost completed. This is gonna be good...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well shoot. if it's almost done already, why not expedite the initial post? Instead of waiting till the 15'th, why not just post as soon as it is done? I am getting antsy about it lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well i'm game for the future setting, although my character hasn't actually joined the story yet. Despite my currently broken arm i can still type and have loads of free time to join the fun.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just wanted to let everyoen know that my Internet service is out right now. hard times, so I had to let it go. I will still be writing my parts of the story and posting them as soon as I get the chance using public wifi. Luckily there is a spot not far fro my apartment. So if I seem a little late on the posts, my apologies.

new topics
top topics

<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join