It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Not a bad idea (says a newish writer)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Name:Caanin Fenricson
bloodline:unknown, presumably Ruth

He was a master blacksmith and skilled norse(viking) warrior. As all vikings were well versed in combat it was his smithing ability that he took the most pride in. Most warriors could not afford swords but because he could fasion them himself, he became adept with there use, his favourite being a 38 inch longsword that he wielded two handedly with devastating effect. It was this warriors prowess that had him selected for a secret venture from Iceland too explore the mainland of the new world.

It had become clear that Vinland (newfoundland) could not be settled because of native hostility so a dragonboat was sent to explore the mainland filled with 30 armed and experienced men. upon reaching the shore of what would one day be the southern coast of labrador they disembarked on there mission. for a week they moved inland seeing no signs of native habitation but vast herds of caribou swept through the area which held some promise. Caanin was disapointed what a waste of time this trip had been he decided to head back the way they had come the rest followed suit. It was that night he would remember vividly for eternity.

They had setup camp just beyond the treeline the tundra streched out vast and barren before them. Just after sunset the full moon beaming down upon them, howling was heard but it was like no wolf howl they had ever heard before and it sounded close too close. Suddenly a cry of human agony filled the air, one of the sentries was in trouble. Caanin grabbed his sword and ran out of his tent just in time too intercept the second sentry coward he snarled in old norse To what creature does a Norsemen run in fear of another agonized cry was heard Answer me Thorvald he roared at the sentry It...It...It's the son of Loki, Fenris, he comes to punish us we have angered the gods
Rubbish Fenris is just a myth, follow I will prove it suddenly the whole camp was in turmoil cries of dieing men and the smell of spilled human blood tainted the air. Then he saw it, the beast standing before him moonlight shining on it's silver coat red eyes gleaming the werewolf turned and looked Caanin in the eye he was to be it's next victim. Unsheathing his sword Caanin charged forward he would show his men even the mighty Fenris should fear his peoples might. Swinging with all his strength he hit nothing What manner of sorcery is this he hissed his last words that day as the jaws of death closed around his shoulder. He was not a small man 6'5 and 240 pounds was suddenly hoisted from the ground and flung into a nearby tree all thought and feeling left him then.

He awoke a full day later weak and delirious from bloodloss and hunger, yet somehow miraculously still alive. His brethren however were not so lucky, all 29 men lay battered broken and very much deceased amongst the ruined camp. He picked up his sword and began to walk in the direction he thought the ship was in, a weeks travel away. That night the change took him, for a new werewolf it was a slow and excruciating process he did not recall all the details of that first night in full wolf form only the elation of running at lightning speed through the trees. He awoke the next morning with the blood of an unkown upon his hands and the knowledge that he was now a monster, just like the one that killed his crew.

Lost and alone he spent his first century fighting his "curse" and for his life,In an unknown land. The locals would hunt him crieing out wendigo as they chased him. At first he would barely escape stumbling through the trees always half starved. Until the day came when he found out he could summon the wolf within without the power of the moon. Although he could not change form fully he found he could pull forth the wolfs abilities in human form. He relied on this more and more for everyday survival and slowly his two souls began to mold into one being and he gradually lost what little humanity was left in him.

The merging of his souls Had a direct effect on his physical appearence aswell, he could no longer hide what he was from the prying eyes of mortals. his eyes turned amber his teeth and claws were elongated, though not anywhere near the extent of his full wolfen form, and his long blond hair was streaked with black, silver, and red the colors of his other form. He began to terrorize the local populace. His keen wolf senses made him hard to track and his sword and regen abilties made him a horror in combat. whole villages would be decimated and left to burn in one night. He had no mercy and no pity, he had lost all shred of humanity. It would be this way for the following four centuries as he made his way across north america leaving a trail of bloody footprints behind him.

Caanin made his way to the great plains 500 yrs after his violent transformation and it was here that he would meet his savior. It was mid winter and on the plains there was no shelter and no food all prey had moved to more sheltered places. As a werewolf the cold did not bother him as much. Starvation, trudging deep snow and the constant prairie wind was what finally drove him too near death. This was how she found him. Akkhina Shadowstep A sioux women and only daughter of the tribes healer came upon Caanin face down in the snow. She had just found out she was different from her tribemates able to take the form of a cougar at will she had been exiled from her peoples tribe. she could tell right away that this man was something other than human and perhaps she would not be lonely anymore if she could save him. Akkhina called upon some of her feline strength and lifted the big man over her shoulder, she carried him too her small shelter and set to work on saving him.

Caanin awoke looking into the eyes of the most voluptuous women he had ever seen, she smiled at him and in that instant the hidden part of him that was still human was awakened and he smiled back. he was forever grateful to her for saving not only his life but also his shattered mind. As time passed there bond grew ever stronger and he would protect her no matter the odds. God have mercy on any that harmed her because he would not, she was the love of his life.

Centuries passed and as the white man took over north america they moved throughout the continent trying to remain hidden. Caanin could now reabsorb his fangs and claws but his eyes and hair remained irrevocably altered.
about a century ago they found themselves holed up in a small trappers cabin deep in the north Ontario woods the old trapper who lived there accepted them into his home even though they were different. He taught them english and of the modern world. After his passing Akkhina was desperate to see this new world and its technology. Caanin was not, he still looked too different to be accepted by the masses and he knew it. Akkhina left anyways saying she had too learn more and too see if there were others like them. for the first time in centuries he was alone again

Akkhina still kept in touch with Caanin, he stayed in the old mans cabin so she could always find him, though she never came to visit she would send him books about history and ancient civilizations aswell as modern science and technology, he read them all. When he wasn't reading he was practicing with his sword though he never had anyone to compare his skill to, he knew he was good.

Akkhina stopped sending Caanin books abruptly ten years ago and he was worried . Perhaps he should go find her but were to start he had no idea. Last he heard from her she was sending things from a New York City. He finally made the decision to go find her when the next day he felt her presence such was there bond that he could detect her long before his wolf senses picked up anything. Why now, he wondered, would she decide to come in person instead of sending a letter. Though He was excited to see her again after nearly a century something told him this would not be a simple reunion.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Feral Rage]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Name:Caanin Fenricson
bloodline:unknown, presumably Ruth

He was a master blacksmith and skilled norse(viking) warrior. As all vikings were well versed in combat it was his smithing ability that he took the most pride in. Most warriors could not afford swords but because he could fasion them himself, he became adept with there use, his favourite being a 38 inch longsword that he wielded two handedly with devastating effect. It was this warriors prowess that had him selected for a secret venture from Iceland too explore the mainland of the new world.

It had become clear that Vinland (newfoundland) could not be settled because of native hostility so a dragonboat was sent to explore the mainland filled with 30 armed and experienced men. upon reaching the shore of what would one day be the southern coast of labrador they disembarked on there mission. for a week they moved inland seeing no signs of native habitation but vast herds of caribou swept through the area which held some promise. Caanin was disapointed what a waste of time this trip had been he decided to head back the way they had come the rest followed suit. It was that night he would remember vividly for eternity.

They had setup camp just beyond the treeline the tundra streched out vast and barren before them. Just after sunset the full moon beaming down upon them, howling was heard but it was like no wolf howl they had ever heard before and it sounded close too close. Suddenly a cry of human agony filled the air, one of the sentries was in trouble. Caanin grabbed his sword and ran out of his tent just in time too intercept the second sentry coward he snarled in old norse To what creature does a Norsemen run in fear of another agonized cry was heard Answer me Thorvald he roared at the sentry "It...It...It's the son of Loki, Fenris, he comes to punish us we have angered the gods"
Rubbish Fenris is just a myth, follow I will prove it suddenly the whole camp was in turmoil cries of dieing men and the smell of spilled human blood tainted the air. Then he saw it, the beast standing before him moonlight shining on it's silver coat red eyes gleaming the werewolf turned and looked Caanin in the eye he was to be it's next victim. Unsheathing his sword Caanin charged forward he would show his men even the mighty Fenris should fear his peoples might. Swinging with all his strength he hit nothing What manner of sorcery is this he hissed his last words that day as the jaws of death closed around his shoulder. He was not a small man 6'5 and 240 pounds was suddenly hoisted from the ground and flung into a nearby tree all thought and feeling left him then.

He awoke a full day later weak and delirious from bloodloss and hunger, yet somehow miraculously still alive. His brethren however were not so lucky, all 29 men lay battered broken and very much deceased amongst the ruined camp. He picked up his sword and began to walk in the direction he thought the ship was in, a weeks travel away. That night the change took him, for a new werewolf it was a slow and excruciating process he did not recall all the details of that first night in full wolf form only the elation of running at lightning speed through the trees. He awoke the next morning with the blood of an unkown upon his hands and the knowledge that he was now a monster, just like the one that killed his crew.

Lost and alone he spent his first century fighting his "curse" and for his life,In an unknown land. The locals would hunt him crieing out wendigo as they chased him. At first he would barely escape stumbling through the trees always half starved. Until the day came when he found out he could summon the wolf within without the power of the moon. Although he could not change form fully he found he could pull forth the wolfs abilities in human form. He relied on this more and more for everyday survival and slowly his two souls began to mold into one being and he gradually lost what little humanity was left in him.

The merging of his souls Had a direct effect on his physical appearence aswell, he could no longer hide what he was from the prying eyes of mortals. his eyes turned amber his teeth and claws were elongated, though not anywhere near the extent of his full wolfen form, and his long blond hair was streaked with black, silver, and red the colors of his other form. He began to terrorize the local populace. His keen wolf senses made him hard to track and his sword and regen abilties made him a horror in combat. whole villages would be decimated and left to burn in one night. He had no mercy and no pity, he had lost all shred of humanity. It would be this way for the following four centuries as he made his way across north america leaving a trail of bloody footprints behind him.

Caanin made his way to the great plains 500 yrs after his violent transformation and it was here that he would meet his savior. It was mid winter and on the plains there was no shelter and no food all prey had moved to more sheltered places. As a werewolf the cold did not bother him as much. Starvation, trudging deep snow and the constant prairie wind was what finally drove him too near death. This was how she found him. Akkhina Shadowstep A sioux women and only daughter of the tribes healer came upon Caanin face down in the snow. She had just found out she was different from her tribemates able to take the form of a cougar at will she had been exiled from her peoples tribe. she could tell right away that this man was something other than human and perhaps she would not be lonely anymore if she could save him. Akkhina called upon some of her feline strength and lifted the big man over her shoulder, she carried him too her small shelter and set to work on saving him.

Caanin awoke looking into the eyes of the most voluptuous women he had ever seen, she smiled at him and in that instant the hidden part of him that was still human was awakened and he smiled back. he was forever grateful to her for saving not only his life but also his shattered mind. As time passed there bond grew ever stronger and he would protect her no matter the odds. God have mercy on any that harmed her because he would not, she was the love of his life.

Centuries passed and as the white man took over north america they moved throughout the continent trying to remain hidden. Caanin could now reabsorb his fangs and claws but his eyes and hair remained irrevocably altered.
about a century ago they found themselves holed up in a small trappers cabin deep in the north Ontario woods the old trapper who lived there accepted them into his home even though they were different. He taught them english and of the modern world. After his passing Akkhina was desperate to see this new world and its technology. Caanin was not, he still looked too different to be accepted by the masses and he knew it. Akkhina left anyways saying she had too learn more and too see if there were others like them. for the first time in centuries he was alone again

Akkhina still kept in touch with Caanin, he stayed in the old mans cabin so she could always find him, though she never came to visit she would send him books about history and ancient civilizations aswell as modern science and technology, he read them all. When he wasn't reading he was practicing with his sword though he never had anyone to compare his skill to, he knew he was good.

Akkhina stopped sending Caanin books abruptly ten years ago and he was worried . Perhaps he should go find her but were to start he had no idea. Last he heard from her she was sending things from a New York City. He finally made the decision to go find her when the next day he felt her presence such was there bond that he could detect her long before his wolf senses picked up anything. Why now, he wondered, would she decide to come in person instead of sending a letter. Though He was excited to see her again after nearly a century something told him this would not be a simple reunion.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Feral Rage]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Sorry about the double post was trying too make an edit which apparently doesn't work for some reason, and I couldn't figure out how too remove the second post.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Feral Rage

OOO nice bio. I like your character. Norse mythology would be great to mix in with egyptian mythology in this story. I look forward to see your first post!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Cutting connection today, hope to be back soon. Probably in a week or less. Keep up the good work guys! Great bio by the way.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the morale boost guys, wasn't sure if I had a winner or not . I'm not sure when I can join the story though. Kinda put my character in a jam when I secluded him from the world. maybe wait and see when everyone is back.

Toodles if you decide to keep writing let me know, maybe I can somehow join in your little adventure.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That is perfect to get the new writers moving. As I have said before PLEASE USE MY CHARACTER..lol.. Move me along that way I can just come into something without having to struggle where to start from again. So go ahead and use and abuse me, just do not kill me..lol.. Also do not forget about Ruth, Margaret, Zoe and the rest of the characters. Will hopefully be back soon!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

WOW!

Another great writer to add to our ever growing collection

Welcome to the story my friend. I apologize if I seem absent guys, my husband just got in from surgery to remove some cancer so I have been busy attending to him.

Feral, I can certainly help you introduce your character as I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for doing just that, so if you want I can send you a U2U with my ideas when I am back up on Friday/Saturday, and we can work on something.

Toodles, we can collaborate on a little side story for our readers as well while everybody is taking a break. Perhaps something to do with the Zaio story line I opened in my last post.

Maybe he goes rogue and we hunt him or something. Anyway if you are interested just shoot me and U2U and I will see to it on Fri/Sat as well.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I like that Zaio idea. Maybe him and Kaelus meet up and start working togetther. Instead of hunting them, we could manipulate them to think they are working against us by destroying the elders and instead work for us.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, please send me your ideas. perhaps we could use my secondary Akkhina as she has been out in the world and I left that as a small opening at the end of my bio. Just didn't know were to take it from there.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I am making a new post atm. I apologize for a double post, but I decided to make an opening for you to enter the story for new writers.

myth, I am using zach to venture to New york city. There he will meet the new writers to this chronicle. They are going to be close to Ferals NPC Akkhina. Hope you dont mind me including Akkhina in this post, Feral. I will do nothing with her. The story writing for her is up to you.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, I should be posting up tonight.

I cant' really continue with my Character as I am waiting on Jake to finish up and I think he is busy in RL so I will work on the Zaio story line for a little bit a suppose.

Stay tuned...

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey guys, I should be posting up tonight.

I cant' really continue with my Character as I am waiting on Jake to finish up and I think he is busy in RL so I will work on the Zaio story line for a little bit a suppose.

Stay tuned...

~Keeper

Sweet. Can't wait to see it. I am stuck on my post. been working on it for 3 days and can't figure out where to go with it

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you need any help, lemme know I'll be happpy to look at it and give you my opinion.

And for the Zaio post, I am going to perhaps include an IN for you since you wanted to be a part of it, so look for that lol.

OOPS! I never read Jake's last post, he's been waiting for me and I thought I was waiting for him hahah.

Ok so the Magnus AND Zaio story goes ahead as planned. Stay tuned..

~Keeper

[edit on 10/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Connection re established! I'm still going to busy unpacking and stuff and getting settled but I will be posting again shortly. I want to go back and re cap some of the story line again as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Welcome back Jack, and I hope the move went smooth. I really hate moving, but it is a necessary evil. Looking forward to your next post. Oh yeah, great posts everyone, keep up the good work!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hey, Feral. Send me a U2U detailing how you want the meeting in new york to go. This will be your "in" to the story. Just let me know. Since myth is MIA atm, I am going to drive his character for a post or 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It would appear that I was last left in the woods, although we all know I would not have just stayed put to be found by the doggies so...

It is a good excuse as any for me to have went anywhere, after picking up a small bag of supplies along with a a change of (well let's just say SOME clothes) since mine would have been shed at the mansion.

Which means, using my cat like wiles, I could be at the vampire high rise or on the way to America or even a different part of the world for that matter.

As far as finding out info, go with whatever sounds interesting. Be creative, if it is too far a field there is still no problem, as what you dug up could have been one of my tall tales over the years.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I left a comment in one of my recent posts to have someone find you, Ahab. Was gonna see if your character would be willing to assist in our current predicament.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join