It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto-Chronicles Working Thread

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I would be open to anything. And that sounds like it would be fun, Jack. I will wait until your post is up. Send me a U2U with all the details you will need. And you can use my Character if you need to.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Jack it sounds like you got a plan
You can use my character and Ruth and Margaret and of course Zoe (Well make sure she does NOT die..lol.. Tenth will be very upset if his daughter winds up dead in our hands)
So I will leave this post in your hands and follow your lead.

[edit on Oct 5th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here are my Ideas. 6 elders in All. Samantha the Lioness was one of them. Lilith gains power directly from each elder as they awaken. As of now, Lilith is still the most powerful vampire around, save for Zaio but will not be for long. If the other 5 elders awaken, she will be unstoppable and have the power to resurrect Samantha.

We could also say that Kaelus himself was a Sub-elder. The only one of his Kind. That power is the reason he was able to form wings and literally fly. He and Ziao would be the only 2 capable of Staring Lilith Face to Face without being guaranteed certain death. That is, assuming we take out at least 1 other elder first and guarantee she cannot resurrect the dead ones.

My suggestions for names of the other 5 elders are as such:

1. Amar - The Spectre
(well known for his deathly breath upon all his enemies. Was said to summon dead loved ones to lure his prey to him during the night)

2. Destiny - The Huntress
(Well known for her unparalleled senses. She was deemed the greatest huntress of all time when she tracked a traitor Vampire for 500 years and killed every one he had ever laid eyes upon)

3. Zeno - The War Monger
(He was the battle tactician in every Vampire war fought up until about 3000 years ago. Every battle was won while he was in command)

4. Isis - The winter Goddess
(Well known throughout history books and celtic beliefs as a goddess. Although she was never formally a goddess, she was seen as such by many because of her weather control abilities. Zeno often called upon her abilities to turn the tides of war)

5. With the current predicament of Ziao, I leave this one blank. Cause I don't know what that situation is.

If anyone has any objections or new suggestions, U2U me or whatever. These are just my ideas so I don't care if they get used or not. Just been a little confused as to how to proceed with the situation so this is my attempt to resolve some issues I am having.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

They are good ideas, but I think we should leave the elder aspect open ended. Why narrow it down to five, as it has been mentioned, that there are some that are in slumber and others unknown to the vampire ranks for thousands of years.

Maybe, were should just let the story go were it does and allow for the elders to gradually come on the stage where ever that is. It heightens the intrigue and spontaneity of the story. Why write ourselves into a corner with pre-established conditions? Remember, the story can go in a million directions, and it is an epic in scope. Just my two cents. Good characters, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

well then we can just use whatever to start with and make them up as we go. I just thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of plan before continuing with the story. So that people dont just start making things up for each elder and then no ones story makes sense

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Well lets not forget about the werewolves elders as well. Plus, Zach is also a reincarnated elder, along with Zaio. I think we could use your elders and have others sprout up as well. Perhaps 10 elders on both sides? That way there is an even amount and of course lets not forget about there "powers". I think 20 would be good (10 on both sides) to allow us to have a fighting chance..lol.. Do not want to make the elders to powerful.

Also, Jake you and I totally need to co-op soon..lol.. Of course this will have to be after the meeting with King John. Should be interesting!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

thats a good idea, anyone wanna put forth some guidelines to werewolf elders? I would like to see an outline as to the limits of both sides so we can continue with a coherent story. I would be willing to use some of my creative talent to start a guideline for werewolves as well. I would prefer not to though, since I am not a werewolf.

On the first 5 elders that we know of, we will leave the other 5 unknown. but I will write an outline as to the powers of each elder for the Vampires. I will assign 1 specialty to each elder, with the chance that those specialties can increase in their effectiveness depending on how many elders are awakened at the time. Like I said, lilith gains her extra power by the awakened elders. I will make each elder do the same, but at a much lower level than Lilith.

That will give us all a chance to write hunts and what not. While we are hunting and killing the sleeping elders, we can also deal with the already awakened ones and whatever ones we might miss.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good news my friends! We have a new writer:

Ahabstar

Just wait until Ahab's BIO is posted. It is very good

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well that is bloody exciting.

Welcome to our new writer, I will be stalking your profile shortly

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
After an invitation from TheMythLives and a bit of U2U I submit the following concept of character for discussion and group approval.

Name: Ahab Star
Age: Tells a story of transformation in the late 1960's, but is around 2000 and is natural born
Bloodline: Bastet (Were-cat)
Notes on Bastets in general: Similar to Black Dogs as they are not slaves to the moon for transformation, yet are inclined to be aligned to Werewolves as their amount of transformation can vary from 100% cat to 100% human. While not as strong as werewolves, they are more agile, swift and stealthy. Hearing is lesser but quite acute especially closer to the source and have articulated ears for tracking. Vision is excellent in very low light and can detect subtile movement. Whiskers are articulated and can sense vibrations and air disturbances. Bastets can be created from external sources similar to werewolves but can also be born via mating by bastet linage and sometimes even human-bastet couplings. Bastets tend to be fierce hunters and assassins and usually hunt alone, occasionally in small groups for difficult targets.

Bio: Ahab Star is a bit of a wild-card and loner. He associates more with humans and encourages and seeks out more eccentric behavior among humans. Always well groomed and attired and possesses a quirky and often insufferable demeanor, taking great self pleasure in imitating various humans and telling bizarre tales that no one is sure of their validity. His true nature is deadly, calculating and usually extreme in effectiveness, ruthlessness and creativity. The flashes between demeanor and nature may be the only warning given before he pounces or formulates a secret plan for later when least expected.

He often tells of the night of his transformation happening one night in 1968 while trying to pick an exquisitely beautiful woman that was actually trying to pick him up. The bar was hazy from the smoke of a thousand thai-sticks blazing away as Jefferson Airplane's “White Rabbit” blared through the cheap house speakers. Using the song as guide to stagger out to the street and make our way to a secluded spot for an impromptu expression of free love, a small calico alley cat streaked across the street and leapt into my arms and began rubbing and licking my cheek. My sufficiently seduced companion peered over her pale blue rectangular framed glasses and grinned widely at this kitty's sudden affection and said that she was so jealous. Well, I AM the cat elder god, you know.

No, not yet you aren't.From there everything went black and I awoke the next morning in a wet gutter with a dirty grey cat licking the fur off my teeth from the previous night's drinking.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is up and oddly enough the bb code for orange text works just fine on the post preview and then tanks on the post. grrr.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

welcome to the chronicle, friend. I look forward to seeing your first post. Good to have some fresh skill added!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Welcome to the party.. woohoo a new writer.

Colour code doesnt like apostrophes so just take it out of the "arent"

No, not yet you arent.

Look forward to your posts..

Cheers,

JQ.

------------------------------------

So how we doing with this meeting then, Im still standing up in front of hundreds of werewolves lol, might have to start telling a few jokes just to keep them happy. lol.

On a serious note, I think we might need to think about assigning various (existing) characters to each writer. Its good to see a new writer join us but as we keep creating new characters (Im guilty of this) we need to consider whose writing for them. Otherwise it could just get very confusing on who is meant to be doing what etc..

At the moment were discussing the elders which is fine but 10 elders each side is quite alot, whose going to be writing for these new characters. The story could get to a point where it becomes a chore rather than us having fun because theres just to much to write. lol. I really hope it doesnt go that way.

Cheers,

JQ.

Im working on a new idea at the moment [hopefully to get new people interested] involving the underworld nothing to do with the story,... stay tuned, details to follow..

Laters.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

well I have sent myth a U2U about a post I am getting ready to do. Just waiting on his reply and Go ahead before I make the post.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

The minor secondary characters do not seem much of a problem for the writing, but I have noticed that they are developing as we have come along. The 20 elders may be a real trick to give them some individuality before their demise or escape to keep continuously writing. The major secondaries, well they do have some secrets best left to their originators although the Zach and Zoe story line has came along very nicely.

Ah the apostrophe. I will have to watch the contractions and accents closely then.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Cool character Ahab! Your description is what I had in mind about what a Bastet would be like. You hit the nail on the head, with the mannerisms of a feline and that is how I imagined a Bastet. I look forward to your contributions. Oh, Myth, I am open for some collaboration, just let me know what you have in mind. Keep up the good work, everyone. Later

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well I have never done collaborative writing before, and it has been some years since I have done any creative writing to be honest. So I think that I will have some rust to knock off and a small learning curve to not play out an idea too far to leave room for others to expound upon. Which I found some nice exchanges so far.

I thought my entrance was fair and not too horribly over the top. I did trim back a few things in order to post before leaving for work this morning. And I really do look forward to working with you all on what has become a nice project.

As far as the character itself, I have borrowed from a few places of established fictional and real characters, and admittedly a bit of myself stretched out to the Nth degree, or at least my late teenage years.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
new post is up and kicking. Gave some room for everyone to talk. Hope it flies over well

Now would be a great time for someone on the Were side of things, to announce of the Werewolf elders also awakening. Would make for a most interesting situation there

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Did I just commit a continuity error? I thought Zoe had went to King John's mansion along with Zach, Ruth, Margaret and Mr. Tootles? If so, could someone change Zoe to Margaret in my introduction post, since my editing time has past?

A small detail, I know. But I would rather things by tidy than sloppy by my error.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Did I just commit a continuity error? I thought Zoe had went to King John's mansion along with Zach, Ruth, Margaret and Mr. Tootles? If so, could someone change Zoe to Margaret in my introduction post, since my editing time has past?

A small detail, I know. But I would rather things by tidy than sloppy by my error.

umm I dont know lol. I thought it was margaret. I will review he previous posts tonight when I get home. If I am in error, I will U2u Masqua for the 3 millionth time to edit my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join