It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Hawks Pro-Obama Merchandise On Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I went looking for all this merchandise that is for sale by NBC (not to buy it, but to verify/debunk the story). I couldn't find it. I clicked on 'store' at the NBC site ... but I didn't see all the Obama merchandise that they are talking about.

I don't know if ayone else will be able to find a link and post it on this thread.
If ya'll find it ... please go ahead and post the link.
I'd love to see what merchandise they are hawking.

Story Here

In what appears to be a blatant case of media bias, NBC’s online store has become a major distributor of pro-Obama T-shirts, DVDS and refrigerator magnets.

If you're a fan of all things Obama, NBC Universal's online store has no fewer than 29 options for your buying pleasure -- from a shirt with the president's picture proclaiming "YES WE DID"...to both of his books...to a special inauguration DVD...to a refrigerator magnet of the first couple, Fox News reports.

There’s even a Barack Obama Action Figure -- yours for $15, plus tax. All of this is available online or at NBC Universal's retail store in New York.

Obama Merchandise a Big Seller at NBC Store

There are no t-shirts or refrigerator magnets for George and Laura Bush, and NBC did not say whether it ever sold Bush items after his victory in 2000.

The CBS and ABC online stores sell books about the president, but no merchandise. Fox and CNN do not sell books or gear.

Some journalism ethics scholars said NBC Universal's focus on Obama merchandise was unseemly for a media outlet.

"The NBC Universal Store stands out for the amount of pro-Obama trinkets and gadgets and promotional material it sells. Its nearest competitor is CBS, which has a dozen items...books and the 60 Minutes interview with Obama,” DePaul University journalism professor Bruce Evensen said.

"The [NBC] site seems like a campaign stop for those following their messiah...The appearance that NBC isn't reporting the news with fairness, balance and impartiality -- but is instead cheerleading -- is apparent," he said.

If it turns out to be true - Confirmation of bias and agenda or just good business?
Considering that MSNBC is failing in the ratings game, I think they making a big mistake.
Comments?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Whats amazing to me is the silent acceptance of this behavior from the media. Yet any chance these people get to attack Fox, they will. It makes absolutely no sense. Good post Flyers.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm still clicking around and around trying to find this merchandise to verify/debunk this story. My computer hasn't been acting right since we went on vacation last week so I keep getting hung up.

If anyone finds links to this stuff .. please post it. It would be interesting to see what pro-obama stuff this news media is hawking.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nbcuniversalstore.resultspage.com...

I found the store and the Obama stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Barak Obama bobblehead is the perfect desk accessory – your President-elect will always be there to say ''Yes You Can'' get through the work day! His hand is even poised to give you a ''bump'' for motivation, as his head bobbles in affirmation. Limited supply – order yours today!

Does it have to be a bump? Or can it be more of a smack? Or is it racist of me to want to smack someone really annoying?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by exile1981]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks exile ...

Obama Action Figure | $15.00

…we've been inspired by the meteoric rise of Barack Obama and his campaign. In a time when America so desperately needed a hero, along came a man to show us a brand new vision of what America and the world could be in the 21st century. In many ways, Obama is the closest thing we've ever seen to a superhero

What the hell .... Obama is the closest thing we've ever seen to a superhero??

Yep .. I'd trust NBC as a non-biased news source now ... wouldn't you? :shk:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What does the sitcom "Park and Rec" on page two have to do with Obama?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
What does the sitcom "Park and Rec" on page two have to do with Obama?

You don't see text on your computer monitor?

Parks and Recreation: Season One | $19.98 …, Parks and Recreation is a “genuinely funny” (Daniel Carlson, Hollywood Reporter) comedy about bureaucracy, hope and America at the dawn of the Obama age.Starring: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Paul Schneider, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt

Related Searches: Parks And Recreation

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Parks and Recreation: Season One | $19.98 …, Parks and Recreation is a “genuinely funny” (Daniel Carlson, Hollywood Reporter) comedy about bureaucracy, hope and America at the dawn of the Obama age.Starring: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Paul Schneider, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt

'dawn of the Obama age' ... messianic language if I ever heard it.

Remember .. he said he'd heal the oceans and the world.

Obama quote - "I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal. "

Looks like NBC believes in the 'age of Obama'.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I heard this on a radio program this morning. Although some people believe that the FCC does not license cable, that is not exactly true. Although the criteria is different than that for over-the-air networks, the FCC does get involved with cable. I am not a lawyer, so I do not pretend to understand the intricacies of that process, but NBC Universal has so many shell arms, that it is hard to pin down exactly what entity requires the license, or what the criteria is.

I have located applications for assignment by MSNBC to the FCC:

SES-ASG-20031106-01750 P E970369 MSNBC Cable, LLC
Date Effective: 12/17/2003
TO:
No. of Station(s) listed: 1
MSNBC CABLE, LLC
Grant of Authority
Current Licensee:
NBC Telemundo License Co.
MSNBC Cable, LLC
Application for Consent to Assignment

fjallfoss.fcc.gov...
NBC Telemundo is apparently the license holder for NBC Universal.

Regardless, it is obvious that NBC and MSNBC are completely in the tank for Obama, but that is no surprise. Look at the parent company, GE and Jack Welsh, and look at Morning Joe's Mika, the daughter of Obama's mentor Zbigniew Brzezinski.
Fortunately, I don't believe more than 20 people in the country watch that trash network.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I know what it says. But what's not from this point forward "the dawn of the Obama age"? Anything can be labeled and marketed as relating to Obama according to the description on NBC's store page as long as it exists in the Obama-era time frame.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen the show and if it refers to Obama or specific Obama things. I mean to ask is NBC really airing an Obama show or simply attaching a keyword to a product to generate hits and possible sales.

Thanks for the attitude though. Greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Regardless, it is obvious that NBC and MSNBC are completely in the tank for Obama, but that is no surprise. Look at the parent company, GE and Jack Welsh, and look at Morning Joe's Mika, the daughter of Obama's mentor Zbigniew Brzezinski.
Fortunately, I don't believe more than 20 people in the country watch that trash network.

And all 20 are here on ATS posting Olberman videos, and ranting how great he is.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I know what it says. But what's not from this point forward "the dawn of the Obama age"? Anything can be labeled and marketed as relating to Obama according to the description on NBC's store page as long as it exists in the Obama-era time frame.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen the show and if it refers to Obama or specific Obama things. I mean to ask is NBC really airing an Obama show or simply attaching a keyword to a product to generate hits and possible sales.

Thanks for the attitude though. Greatly appreciated.

I try not to watch anything related to the NBC brand. I seem to throw-up and gag a little bit everytime I watch anything of theirs.

[edit on 8/18/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The onlything it seems to have (I used to internet no actually watched it) in common with Obama is the main character wants to become the first female president but is currently a mid level beaurocrat.

I think NBC is using Obama to sell a bad series as it's ratings and viewership have dropped each episode in the first year. Looks like 8-10% of viewers do not return after each episode.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyer, first off big fan of yours
, second, I was watching O'Reilly last nite (Monday 17th) and he ran this story as well...showed some pics of NBC store chock-a-block with Obama gear.

Interesting, I was under the impression the 4th estate was to be unbiased, not beholding to government or commoner.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can you imagine if Fox news sold pro Bush memorabilia?
I'm sure several on this site would literally have kittens on the spot.

This is stupid no matter which media organization is selling anything pro or anti politician. Can NBC just stop calling themselves news now?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Can NBC just stop calling themselves news now?

The important fact is that most of us stopped calling them a news organization a long time ago.

join