It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the Left, war without Bush is not war at all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Has anyone else notice the lack of body counts since the election? Back when Bush was president, we were treated every single day, to the body count in both Iraq and Afghanistan. These counts have mysteriously stopped.

Does anyone have any ideas of why?

Obviously, there is one major difference. Now there are Democrats controlling government and the media doesn't seem near as hell bent on manufacturing outrage.

For the Left, war without Bush is not war at all

Fast forward to last weekend, when YearlyKos, renamed Netroots Nation, held its convention in Pittsburgh. The meeting didn't draw much coverage, but the views of those who attended are still, as they were in 2006, a pretty good snapshot of the left wing of the Democratic party.

The news that emerged is that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have virtually fallen off the liberal radar screen. Kossacks (as fans of DailyKos like to call themselves) who were consumed by the Iraq war when George W. Bush was president are now, with Barack Obama in the White House, not so consumed, either with Iraq or with Obama's escalation of the conflict in Afghanistan. In fact, they barely seem to care.

As part of a straw poll done at the convention, the Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg presented participants with a list of policy priorities like health care and the environment. He asked people to list the two priorities they believed "progressive activists should be focusing their attention and efforts on the most." The winner, by far, was "passing comprehensive health care reform." In second place was enacting "green energy policies that address environmental concerns."

And what about "working to end our military involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan"?

It was way down the list, in eighth place.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Posts like this can only accomplish further dividing the nation. So, the democrats aren't counting the dead bodies like they did when the republicans were in office. Of course the republicans lied to us in order to get us into this war, started wiretapping american citizens, torture, indefinate detention.

Yep, you're right. The democrats are the evil ones...

Until we stop seperating America into this group or that group, and begin to unite, nothing will ever improve, NOTHING.

Stop thre division bro- It's not helpful at all IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Boy, it seems the OP'er doesn't read papers or something.

There have been numerous mentions of "bloodiest week in Afghanistan" etc all over mass media, many reports form Iraq etc, and British casualties surpassing 200, just yesterday.

It's pretty reach for you to hang this war on Obama, while the criminal idiot Shrub left us with this bloody mess on our hands.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

They're both evil. Just big gov totalitarians who like this share-cropper oligarch split and policing the world.

The push for "unity" is a crock in itself. Everyone wants "unity." Oh, let's all "unite" and be happy. What they never come right out and say is "let's all unite under my banner. Come and unite, just leave your rifle at the door, accept my tax, your new god is my god and we all believe what I say we believe.

Unless we're "uniting" under a philosophy of "leave everyone the hell alone" it's just more totalitarian crap.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Accidental double post.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Posts like this can only accomplish further dividing the nation. So, the democrats aren't counting the dead bodies like they did when the republicans were in office. Of course the republicans lied to us in order to get us into this war, started wiretapping american citizens, torture, indefinate detention.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it that way. What I see is a propaganda media that has been in full swing since before bush got elected, but really hit its stride int hose years.

Its interesting to me that the media is suddenly going on and on about "manufactured anger" and "astroturf protests", after 8 years of them doing exactly that. Now that they're in power, they see REAL protests as manufactured, because tats what they were doing! This is further evidence of that.

Before Obama was elected the media spent every night brow beating support for the wars, constantly showing the body count and spreading gloom. Now suddenly Obama is in and all the outrage tat the MSM had built up is suddenly gone. Even though all those same policies are still in place.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The continuation means that the other side is just as guilty. For left Democrats and (to me) far left Republicans are basically the same. One takes your money to buy government expansion, the other takes your money and does it by force.

Yes, it is those democrats in control right now who are at fault for not ending this God awful illegal war, and they are just as guilty ad the republicans who started it now.

Call it dividing all you want. I favor dividing the rest of the nation from those folks on both parties.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What a crock. This is on the news --- even ABC (or as the Obama-bashers like to call it: All Barak Channel) --- every night. It's amazing how people can be so selective with their intake of information. Wake up. There's enough real problems to go around out there without this kind of political baiting. And if you are going to do it, at least do it well.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
Posts like this can only accomplish further dividing the nation.

Ah yes,

It's always that double standard that gets us going.

"Posts like this."

Why do they always have to notice and point out the double standards?

So very divisive.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Exactly. Its only divisive if its coming from right to left. If its going from left to right, than its about the most patriotic thing you can do.

Its amazing how people went from being sleuths, to brow beating people for wanting some critical examination of the media's blatant double standards.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wimbly]

new topics

top topics

join